Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Yup, I've run 2.35 Nevegals both tubeless and tubed on my 819s. No problems at all width wise and I love that combo. I'm really stoked that the 2.35 UST Nevegal got released this year. Oh and the Nevegals are a big 2.35, way wider than say a 2.35 Maxxis tire. Anyway, you could easily go 2.4 no problem.

And I just have to back up kidwoo too. Tahoe is friggen rocky. If I had a nickel for everytime someone who rides a lot comes to the Ho and says, "Holy shit, this is rocky!" I'd be a rich man.

For me tubeless is a no brainer. I hate pinch flats with a passion. When I first bought my Spot with 819s I ran tubes and got several flats. It all came to a head when I got 4-5 on one trip down Porcupine (which is pinch flat city). Went tubeless and NEVER got a flat again. Then I switched tires to save some weight, went with tubes again...and the cursing began. You couldn't pay me to run tubes again. Running ghetto on the big bike too and love it.

Oh and my 819s have been burly. I've beat the crap out of the little bike to the point that my shop walked me over to a row of big bikes and said, "You need one of these." However, I've only managed the slightest of dings in those rims. They're definitely one of my favorite bike parts.
    Last edited by Arty50; 06-23-2008 at 09:00 PM.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

Jesus Phil, look what you started. Come look at my new 819s on Hadleys before I get them dirty. The 819 is plenty wide. 28mm I think? That's about the sweet spot as far as I'm concerned... until I'm stepping up to HUGE rims on my bike bike that is.

I run 819 and 2.35 UST Tubeless with Stans sealant. works 90% of the time down to under 30#'s with no problem and I weigh 200. Carry two tubes and its not a big deal. I have always been pinch flat cursed out west before I went tubeless.

On a related note I managed to have 3 consecutive full on blow outs on my dj. Sounded like a gun. Those transition wheels burp the beed sometimes I think.

I have to speak on the subject of tubeless only because I'm an advocate. But to start things off I'll point out its few small draw backs: Repetitive tire changes are a messy nightmare; UST require a tighter tolerance for the bead seat diameter in there rims enabling sorting tires from making a quality seal. That been said, they have an obvious advantage for puncture and pinch flat resistance when running proper volumes of sealant solutions. "I prefer a 50%50 mix of regular Elmer Wood Glue and Water" It’s the silica base that strings dry like fiber and seals the holes. It doesn’t matter what brand it is.
    The traction! The traction is like the perfect wax. Some times it matters and some times it’s all that matters. An inner tube rubes against the inside of the tire interfering with the tread. YES, interfering with the tread! Think about the size of your contact patch before you mock me. With out an inner tube in the tire the treat can be much more compliant with the surface of the trail improving traction. Where now you can run higher air pressure for performance of rolling and maintain improved traction. "It’s like High Floral Dudes!!" Where as I used to run 35psi to get the traction now I can run like 42/44psi and gets the same traction with a higher rolling efficiency....... Traction & Tiresss baby "because tires son, is racing"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh bye the way Stans Strips kick ass>

^^ you're not from around here are you.
    I'm so hardcore, I'm gnarcore.