Thread: 190 EHP

190 EHP

Me: 6'1" 240lbs
    Location: Alyeska 8" fresh powder to heavy snow to manky chopped up crud
    Ski's:190 EHP's the older ones with the trees with 412 Deadbolt bindings mounted on the line
    These ski's destroyed everything in their path, they crushed soft moguls and even powered through avi debris, skis like a much burlier Gotama. I am definately impressed. Stable maching big fast turns on hardpack and made the heavy chopped up crud dissappear. I haven't seen any reviews on this ski on TGR but its a worthy stick.

Good to see a review of the 190. I have been considering next year's 190 LP's, the 190 EHP's, 189 VCT (probably not enough ski?), ANTs or something a little more burly than my current Mantra and Prophet 100 options. Would love to hear more talk about these. Tons about the 186 and 193, but limited on the 190.
    "You don't want to run into me on the tram dock. I went to jail. I have an inclinometer, and a friend of a friend who's a lawyer. Why do you have to be such a hater? I was just trying to post some stoke." The Suit

"I demoed the Davenport 2 weeks ago, I really liked them a lot... the blue sidewalls and tip really looked great with my pants. I also tried the '11 MX98, they didn't look as good with my outfit. If you have blue pants or maybe some Lange race boots I recommend you check them out."

Nobody else with more input on this ski?
    "You don't want to run into me on the tram dock. I went to jail. I have an inclinometer, and a friend of a friend who's a lawyer. Why do you have to be such a hater? I was just trying to post some stoke." The Suit

"I demoed the Davenport 2 weeks ago, I really liked them a lot... the blue sidewalls and tip really looked great with my pants. I also tried the '11 MX98, they didn't look as good with my outfit. If you have blue pants or maybe some Lange race boots I recommend you check them out."

Nobody else with more input on this ski?

I'm a bit of a backseat driver sometimes and these punished me for that and forced me to get over the tips. Kinda like shock therapy.

I own the 190 EHP's (with the trees) as well as the 193's (this years). The 190's are super fun however, I found that when you really push them in crud they tend to be a bit floppy in the front end. I also found that after about 20 days the skis became noticeably softer, as if they internally broke down or something. They are not the best for straight lining as they are quite turny due to the sidecut. For me, the EHP 190's are easily out-skied if you really like to charge, I'm 165lbs. I label the 190's as a 'fun' easy turning ski. The 193's charge.

I liked mine last season, but this year I guess I've just been off the testosterone supplements or something, because I can't make them work very well in the trees. When I do open them up, they feel good.

Oh btw...
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=111911

Quote Originally Posted by Chugachjed View Post
    Me: 6'1" 240lbs
    Location: Alyeska 8" fresh powder to heavy snow to manky chopped up crud
    Ski's:190 EHP's the older ones with the trees with 412 Deadbolt bindings mounted on the line
    These ski's destroyed everything in their path, they crushed soft moguls and even powered through avi debris, skis like a much burlier Gotama. I am definately impressed. Stable maching big fast turns on hardpack and made the heavy chopped up crud dissappear. I haven't seen any reviews on this ski on TGR but its a worthy stick.
    hey jed this is drew - glad you're getting some use out of those already. I had pretty much the same perception of em, just like my goats a little better. Definitely a burly ski though.

And Aly was SICK on Sunday, bluebird all morning and not too many people on the mtn until noon. Just about broke a ski on one of those avy debri death cookies at the bottom of the north face though.

EHP tails??

Do these have a real twin tail, like VCT or more like other EHP models??

The 190 EHP is the same ski as the 190 VCT, with a full twin unlike the 193 EHP. The 189 VCT is a different ski as well.
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Methinks that the 190 EHP is stiffer than the 190 VCT. Hand flexed the VCT's the other day and they didn't seem quite as stout. Definately same shape though.