Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    ^^^^GO BIGGER^^^^
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by Huckwheat View Post
    Biking is great and I love it, but Monday I hucked a 30 footer and pointed the Palisades at 50mph.
    30-ft and 50 mph aren't very strange for the "cycle". But....., I'm pretty damn sure that 30-ft and 50 mph are very strange for me and skis. (maybe someday...)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Altagirl View Post
    Soon, soon. We just had dinner with Kyle down in Moab last week and he got me all worked up (he can do that, I'm man enough to say it...). There are a few trails that are in great shape right now that are not on anyone's radar screen that we may need to ride soon.
    Dibs!!!!
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

[QUOTE=Huckwheat;1723769]Yeah, I know this is sprocket rockets and all......but still.......FREAK (THIS IS A SKIING FORUM).
    QUOTE]

I thought TGR was about "The Ultimate Action Sports Experience", Look at the very top of the page.....

(Trust me, nobody that is able bodied is going to miss any skiing around these parts, even in Sprocket Rockets. Just like we drool over the fresh issue of Powder in August, we plan and think about biking while on the lift, skinning or staring at a computer in March. If biking doesn’t give you enough of a rush, you need to look up Mr. Kidwoo and go for a ride sometime; I think he lives in your area and would have a few ideas to get your heart pumping.)
    "People blame me because these water mains break, but I ask you, if the
    water mains didn't break, would it be my responsibility to fix them then?
    WOULD IT!?!"
    - M. Barry,
    Mayor of Washington, DC

Quote Originally Posted by Huckwheat View Post
    Biking is great and I love it, but Monday I hucked a 30 footer and pointed the Palisades at 50mph. Biking just doesnt fill that hole.

You're doing it wrong
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

This thread sucks. Today changed my mind.

Just spent six hours doing three problems that are due tomorrow morning in my statics class . I am ready for Summer in a big way, just so I can get a break from the books . Biking will be nice too though.

BTW, looks like you guys had a good day TH.
    Keep it unclipped

had my first bike of the season yesterday. pulling out the single speed for the first ride of the season was not a smart idea

i think ill stay in the snow as long as i can

You have all turned into blasphemers. it is time for biking season, people!!
    backcountry makes my wee wee tingle...
    "What was once a mighty river. Now a ghost." Edward Abbey
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    It's not wyoming...it's Jackson.
    Different rules apply.
    My Adventures

"Feeling good is good enough."

Quote Originally Posted by JoshP View Post
    Just spent six hours doing three problems that are due tomorrow morning in my statics class . I am ready for Summer in a big way, just so I can get a break from the books . Biking will be nice too though.

BTW, looks like you guys had a good day TH.
    Ugh, I've definitely had my share of days like that. Still don't know how both you and T are doing the school thing at the same time - brave, brave, brave!!

No school in the summer = more biking road trips??? Woo hoo!!

it was summer in Boulder yesterday, but of course it snowed today!

it certainly was dj weather around here yesterday. Fun day on TOP.

Quote Originally Posted by ja_surf View Post
    How far a drive are you away from great riding if the Jones get to be to much?
    Far enough that it makes more sense to go skiing.

summer sounds good. but...
    It will be here soon enough. just remember how much U miss skiing come september

not sprocket stoke but how about some wake stoke?

By powdergoat at 2007-12-18

doesnt get much better then wakesurfing at lake Powell while drinking VT beer

Last edited by My Pet Powder Goat; 03-03-2008 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ja_surf View Post
    How far a drive are you away from great riding if the Jones get to be to much?
    Dude I had to drive an HOUR yesterday to go ride.

I couldn't even see my house any more!!
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

OK, I'm impressed. And I want to try this 'wakesurfing'.

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    doesnt get much better then wakesurfing at lake Powell while drinking VT beer

BTW I played 9 holes yesterday in 65 degree perfect weather. I want more.
    I'm so hardcore, I'm gnarcore.

^ Healing up fast then, I assume. 65 degrees doesn't sound half bad right now.

I am going to get a little urban on in about 20 minutes .
    Keep it unclipped

Yep, doing great! The hard thing is going to be about weeks 3-5 out...feeling great/normal, wanting to get after it...but still have to get to 6 weeks post-op before I can take a significant crash to make sure I don't re-break the 'ole femur.
    I'm so hardcore, I'm gnarcore.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshP View Post
    ^ Healing up fast then, I assume. 65 degrees doesn't sound half bad right now.

I am going to get a little urban on in about 20 minutes .
    When it gets above whack-job degrees outside, gimme a ring. I could be talked into a bit of urban.

Quote Originally Posted by powwrangler View Post
    PA has the most snow its had all year, I thought maybe the winter here wouldn't be too long this year, guess I was wrong. I with ya kidwoo.
    heard that, this late rush to 'ski season' has/had me lookin' fearfully at the Cohutta 100 in April.

Saturday I snuck up to my new most favortie PA ski hill, Denton. Got a first chair, it was realllllly crowded, and then a morning full of so many first, seconds and thirds. Ski whereever you want conditions, finally. Actually jumped off some small rocks, about shoulder high, never done that before.

Few pics, rest are on the bloggityblog:
    view from first chair, he snuck over from the triple mid station:

one set of firsts, seconds and thirds,
    ever have a hill pretty much to yourself,
    on your best day of the year?

trees were in also:

Then flip it 180.

Sunday I was in Maryland for a SS punk bike. Friend of mine put together a slideshow, seasons flip just like that around here, heavy soaking rains w/ flooding in the forecast thru Weds. Feels like skiing is done 'round here:

youtube linky.

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    Dude I had to drive an HOUR yesterday to go ride.

I couldn't even see my house any more!!
    About an 8 hour round trip for me right now. Gets a little expensive for gas.

So I ended up XC skiing about 12 miles yesterday. Hopefully that will at least help get my ass in shape for biking.
    "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow, what a Ride!"

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    When it gets above whack-job degrees outside, gimme a ring. I could be talked into a bit of urban.
    Sweet, I will give you a ring soon.

You know daylight savings starts this Sunday morning, btw. An extra hour of light after work, oh yeah.

Anyone been down by Tanner's lately, curious what the snow/ice depth is looking like.
    Keep it unclipped

We toured on Friday and ended up crossing the snowbird bike trail to get back to the road. As soon as we hit the trail, Otter and I started talking about how excited we were to bike it. Then my bro-in-law picked up an Iron Horse 7 series last night... I got even more excited for biking.

...then I saw the forcast calling for a possible 10" overnight and now I'm just confused about what I want. Even though we've had a FANTASTIC season, I'm still wanting more pow days. It's never enough! In the end, I'm just glad that we get all the seasons in full force here. I'm happy to be Utarded.

I was bitching out a certain friend last week for the lack of a boat right now. Oh man, wakesurfing would be fun.

But the WORST conversation was talking about biking in between skiing laps on frozen death on Sunday.

Woo, help me find some shit down the hill. The snow is melting fast and I want to go ride up to a big hit and bail and the last second like the pussy that I am.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

Quote Originally Posted by Arty50 View Post
    Woo, help me find some shit down the hill. The snow is melting fast and I want to go ride up to a big hit and bail and the last second like the pussy that I am.
    Auburn is riding pretty sweet right now. Was there on Sunday and lots of hits have sprung up around the place. Definitely shuttle-able rides there....short, but makes lots of laps. The dirt and temps are about perfect this time of year. (btw - I'm not talking about the XC loop that we did a few years ago, but there's more FR/DH stuff there that flow from the top down into Mammoth Bar OHV park at the bottom of the river).