Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    i thought this tr deserved more views. I like this kind of thing.
    Wagner Custom Skis
    Powder snow skiing is not fun. It’s life, fully lived, life lived in a blaze of reality. What we experience in powder is the original human self, which lies deeply inside each of us, still undamaged in spite of what our present culture tries to do to us. Once experienced, this kind of living is recognized as the only way to live–fully aware of the earth and the sky and the gods and you, the mortal, playing among them. Dolores LaChapelle

Solid. I'll eat crow for this.

Where's yer Paypal Addy?

The Jimmer from Menomonee approves of this TR.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnu View Post
    The Jimmer from Menomonee approves of this TR.

Holy fuck!! Who is that guy?? He looks almost exactly like me - hair, beard, gun and all!

Tipp - can't take a JONG's $$$. See Alta thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    Holy fuck!! Who is that guy?? He looks almost exactly like me - hair, beard, gun and all!

Tipp - can't take a JONG's $$$. See Alta thread.

That's Jimmer Negamanee from Escanaba in da Moonlight.

This is titties in the cities. Makes me stoked to head back up to Bohemia next weekend. That snow is so sexy, and I totally hear you on the gaper factor at Bohemia...sucks bad.

Quote Originally Posted by fonixmunkee View Post
    This is titties in the cities. Makes me stoked to head back up to Bohemia next weekend. That snow is so sexy, and I totally hear you on the gaper factor at Bohemia...sucks bad.
    Next weekend? You mean the 8-9th? I'll be in the area from 6th to the 8 or 9th. We should meet up. Do you have touring gear? We could do the Chute That Should Not Be with ropes. Maybe shoot a TR with someone skiing for a change.

6nar

"Unfortunately, Meadows mgmt/marketing found out about the PR stash and published it on their trail map."

They should chop all those trees.

Nice TR though. But next time, try to actualy ski...
    "Typically euro, french in particular, in my opinion. It's the same skiing or climbing there. They are completely unfazed by their own assholeness. Like it's normal." - srsosbso

Quote Originally Posted by philippeR View Post
    They should chop all those trees.

Nice TR though. But next time, try to actualy ski...
    Why don't you fly over here and we can do a TR? Everybody around here is too wimpy to ski TCTSNB. Those tracks in the entrance photo are actually mine. I skied it once, then skinned back up and skied it a second time to take pics (with Necrosquirrels chasing me the whole way). I'd love to take some action shots, but everyone else is all like "Damn, Jer, I'm afraid of the 132 degree slopes and the Vampiric Necrobeavers and all!" Maybe I should get one of those POV cameras.

Why don't you fly over here and we can do a TR? Everybody around here is too wimpy to ski TCTSNB. Those tracks in the entrance photo are actually mine. I skied it once, then skinned back up and skied it a second time to take pics (with Necrosquirrels chasing me the whole way). I'd love to take some action shots, but everyone else is all like "Damn, Jer, I'm afraid of the 132 degree slopes and the Vampiric Necrobeavers and all!" Maybe I should get one of those POV cameras.

Where the hell were you last weekend? Skied it Saturday.........it's pretty rediculous that you think you're the only good skier in town. Too gnar to ski with the rest of us.

MT Bohemia, Mi ?

Where "Much of our terrain is very advanced or expert only, even by "Rocky Mountain" standards." ?

My understanding is that this is extreme terrain, for expert skiers.
    That, and the necrosquirrels ?

I'm not worthy.
    "Typically euro, french in particular, in my opinion. It's the same skiing or climbing there. They are completely unfazed by their own assholeness. Like it's normal." - srsosbso

It's on!!!

Mt. Bohemia mini summit - this weekend (4/7, 4/8, 4/9)!!!!

I'll be there, Ty Webb's comming and so is fonixmunkee. Who else is in??? Phillipe? Justcuz? Frost of Satyricon? I'm bringing Necromoose repellant and my old Dynastar Coupe S9's. It's supposed to be really cold and grim!
    Last edited by Jer; 03-05-2008 at 12:16 PM.

(pssstt.... sugardumplin'... that's next month.... and it's a Monday-Wednesday, so not a weekend....)

It's on!!!

Mt. Bohemia mini summit - this weekend (4/7, 4/8, 4/9)!!!!

I'll be there, Ty Webb's comming and so is fonixmunkee. Who else is in??? Phillipe? Justcuz? Frost of Satyricon? I'm bringing Necromoose repellant and my old Dynastar Coupe S9's. It's supposed to be really cold and grim!
    I'll be there this weekend (Fri & Sat)but not on those dates...

Woops - replace the 4's with 3's.

Once again, I'm way ahead of everyone else.

Man, do I hate my job. I can't check the forums from there now, and I'm missing the fuck out.

I'm there this weekend (Bohemia that is). Staying slopeside. Will have one other skier, and three drinkers. Lots of beer. More than welcome to have a few with us. Also will be grilling home made brats. So who's in?

EDIT: Oh yeah, Jer...I don't have a touring setup.
    Last edited by fonixmunkee; 03-05-2008 at 06:25 PM.

cool enough
    Quote Originally Posted by rabbit View Post
    Women that straightline are hot.

Cool shots. I went to college in the U.P. I routinely slayed Mt. Ripley. YOOPER STOKE!!!

Man, do I hate my job. I can't check the forums from there now, and I'm missing the fuck out.

I'm there this weekend (Bohemia that is). Staying slopeside. Will have one other skier, and three drinkers. Lots of beer. More than welcome to have a few with us. Also will be grilling home made brats. So who's in?

You can get by with snowshoes and a pack. If you need to burrow, plenty of us have snowshoes laying around. I will be out of town this weekend visiting the accountant aunt to do taxes. Trust me, I'd rather be home skiing.

What are you wearing fox - I'll watch for you.

Me: Orange Jacket, Black Scratch BC's, Grey Giro10

It's snowing really hard up there right now. I'm leaving in the next half hour. I've got some really crappy snowshoes and also a pair of alpine trekkers and some skins cut for a 95mm ski. I'll bring all this shit up just in case.

Red jacket (black if it's super cold), ARV's with Alta stickers, long hair and beard, black Boeri helmet.

Sweet all, thanks for the offers. There's snow shoes in the cabins at Bohemia, too. So we're set.

I'm in a gray jacket with orange zippers, gray pants. Probably be riding last years Prophet 100s with the yellow topsheet, or last year's black Elizabeths. Other guy has a gray jacket as well, with Elan 888s with aluminum topsheet. Again, we'll be slopeside. I'd give you my number, but my phone doesn't work up in the Yoop.

NINJA EDIT: Just called out there to get a bed in the hostel for a last-minute addition. Person on the phone at Bohemia said 8" last night and it's been snowing since. DISCO.
    Last edited by fonixmunkee; 03-06-2008 at 02:17 PM.