Thread: 5/12/04

5/12/04

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.
    So there is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness.
    ---
    As a rule, the mind, residing in a body that has become weakened by pampering, is also weak, and where there is no strength of mind there can be no strength of soul.
    ---
    In wilderness I sense the miracle of life, and behind it our scientific accomplishments fade to trivia.
    ---

Re: 5/12/04

Originally posted by [~]
    My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.
    So there is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness.
    ---
    As a rule, the mind, residing in a body that has become weakened by pampering, is also weak, and where there is no strength of mind there can be no strength of soul.
    ---
    In wilderness I sense the miracle of life, and behind it our scientific accomplishments fade to trivia.
    ---
    Thanks for sharing! Inspirational indeed.

My religion consists of XXXXXL black pants, chin straps, lesbo 9000s, and naked pictures of your sister or girl friend. My ski boots and goggles are my temples; my philosphy is to appreciate every pow day and get a great tan out on the corn.

As a rule, I ddon't much care for posts like yours, and generally ignore them. But I've become weak through pampering, soul and mind, so I gave in to temptation and mocked you anyhow.

In wilderness, there are no interweb connections. We should all be there more and here less.
    another Handsome Boy graduate

Re: Re: 5/12/04

Originally posted by Platinum Pete
    My ski boots and goggles are my temples;
    HA!!! I'm holding your temples hostage!
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Yeah, I still owe you for those temples. $75?
    Wanna climb Hood Saturday night - Sunday morning? I might be free and the weather is looking good. PM me or e-mail.

I want to join Platinum Plate's religion and declare a Jihad on [~]
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Originally posted by SummitCo 1776
    I want to join Platinum Plate's religion and declare a Jihad on [~]
    Summit 90210, you are .......
    This space was moderated.

Originally posted by Bender
    Summit 90210, you are .......

bwaaaaahhhhaaaaaaa!!!!!!
    Skiing, where my mind is even if my body isn't.

Yeah, let's hate. Fuck all that shit about being good people. Let's fight and bicker like Blurred never left, insult each other and get all wrapped up in negative energies. Yeah, that's the ticket.

I dig the women on this board. God bless each and every one of them. They tend to kick the (self-perceived) oversized testicles of macho nothingness into perspective.
    I find it simply amazing how easily the societal influences of an intolerant world gone mad pervade even this relatively small and intangible realm of our existence...

[~] does a fairly decent job intertwining the feeling I get when I touch the mountain into my life behind the keyboard. And God knows, I need it when I'm here. I support [~]'s input just as much as I support the stoke of a big mountain shot of blower contrails off a nice AK ledge. But then, that's just my opinion and I'm a pussy. As someone who appreciates the written arts, [~] has my respect for putting out a good vibe.

Originally posted by splat
    Yeah, let's hate. Fuck all that shit about being good people. Let's fight and bicker like Blurred never left, insult each other and get all wrapped up in negative energies. Yeah, that's the ticket.

I dig the women on this board. God bless each and every one of them. They tend to kick the (self-perceived) oversized testicles of macho nothingness into perspective.
    I find it simply amazing how easily the societal influences of an intolerant world gone mad pervade even this relatively small and intangible realm of our existence...

[~] does a fairly decent job intertwining the feeling I get when I touch the mountain into my life behind the keyboard. And God knows, I need it when I'm here. I support [~]'s input just as much as I support the stoke of a big mountain shot of blower contrails off a nice AK ledge. But then, that's just my opinion and I'm a pussy. As someone who appreciates the written arts, [~] has my respect for putting out a good vibe.
    Got a question for you.................
    This space was moderated.

It's all good!

Ullr is an angry, lazy, God (emphasis on the lazy of late).

[~] was usin tech to belittle the tech

[~]---- don't let' em get you down. They natives get cranky when they don't have snow.

I liked it. It was simple enough for me to understand and appreciate.

Easy folks, there's baby in that bath water.
    I'm not sure if Splat was biting at my post or the one on Jihad. To clarify, I'm no jihadist and my religion is personal, but thanks for the offer SC1776.
    As for negative and attacking, let's be real. Some brand new poster comes in with some lovely hippie stuff that I tend to disagree with. He put it out there: to be embraced, to be contended with, to be made fun of, to be whatever comes of it. I reply with a self-effacing, nothing personal, joke post and get sniped at. C'mon, my humor might not be everyone's taste and certainly isn't on par with the best in here, but at least it is obvious. It's also obvious that it was meant to be good natured and harmless. Those kinds of posts have been staples around here for a long time. Let's not kill ourselves and the fun we have here by being to careful and P.C.
    I understand that there is still a lot of dander up over the whole Blurred11's thing. That's no reason to change who we are as individuals or as a collective. We're mostly good folks into good shit and giving each other a little ribbing, let's stick with that.

Wasn't referring to you, Pete. Just the endless jihad mentality that has made me want to puke. I just don't like to see any good vibes driven off, even if they are the product of a jong coming in.

My religion involves goats, wine and defrocking. Lots of defrocking.

Originally posted by Platinum Pete
    As for negative and attacking, let's be real. Some brand new poster comes in with some lovely hippie stuff that I tend to disagree with. He put it out there: to be embraced, to be contended with, to be made fun of, to be whatever comes of it.
    Pete, I would bet that is an alias for someone who has been around for awhile who wanted to spread some positivity amongst all the ongoing negativity. Which, IMVHO, even if it has a hippie slant, is a good thing.

I found myself responding to some of those brett threads, which, even a couple months ago i never would have done, but i was caught up in all the anger floating through this place.

.. ~ .... .. ~. [~] ~ .... .~ ~ .. ... ~.. ~~~ .. ~. ~~. .~ ~~. .~. . .~ ~ .~~~ ~~~ ~... .~.~.~ ~ .... .~ ~. ~.~ ~.~~ ~~~ ..~ .~ ~. ~.. ~.~ . . .~~. ..~ .~~. ~ .... . ~~. ~~~ ~~~ ~.. .~~ ~~~ .~. ~.~ .~.~.~

I like nice, I like love, I like being myself. I'd like this place to get back to normal. It's not like some planes crashed into our buildings and changed everything, we don't need to empower the negativity that way.

A nice sidebar to this thread is that it has brought Viva and me back together after many wseeks of me being to busy to ski with him. We are heading up to climb Mt. Hood with a gang of hotties from many nations. I'll have to learn to post pics because this should be good. That's how I'm trying to help our community heal.

Surely you didn't take my off color humor so seriously, Splat!

Originally posted by Geoff
    .. ~ .... .. ~. [~] ~ .... .~ ~ .. ... ~.. ~~~ .. ~. ~~. .~ ~~. .~. . .~ ~ .~~~ ~~~ ~... .~.~.~ ~ .... .~ ~. ~.~ ~.~~ ~~~ ..~ .~ ~. ~.. ~.~ . . .~~. ..~ .~~. ~ .... . ~~. ~~~ ~~~ ~.. .~~ ~~~ .~. ~.~ .~.~.~
    "I think that [~] is doing a great job. thank you and keep up the good work."

.~.. ~~~ ...~ . .~ ~. ~.. .~~. . .~ ~.~. .
    ~... ..~ ~ ~~ ~~~ ... ~ .~.. ~.~~
    ... . ~..~ .~ ~. ~.. .~~. . .~ ...

I'll let someone else translate the above joke...

--... ...--
    -.. . -.- -.-. ----- ... --. ..-.
    Last edited by Summit; 05-13-2004 at 01:27 PM.