Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad

Quote Originally Posted by MagicMtnPinhead View Post
    that tweaker rip off crew was a piece of work. that laugh was insane.
    agreed

and, it was probably a good idea to have shown that couple, as it was the first thing in the show that really shows how much meth fucks a person up
    ‎Preserving farness, nearness presences nearness in nearing that farness

This is my first season of breaking bad so who is Elliot and Gretchen? Ex-wife? Sister?
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tuckerman View Post
    This is my first season of breaking bad so who is Elliot and Gretchen? Ex-wife? Sister?
    I didn't know either so I looked it up this morning. They are former colleagues of Walters who own a successful drug company that Walter helped co-found.

Yes, correct. Elliot and Gretchen started Grey Matter (i think thats the name) and Walter had a huge part in the research it was involving. Remember Walter is a extremely over educated teacher. Elliot and Gretchen offered to pay for his treatment when he was diagnosed, it offended him and this is where they are now. Looks like Walter is starting to change a little, esp. that convo in the car with his Walter Jr.(Flynn). That episode was fuckin wild, the scenes are so long and drawn out it's almost hard to watch. I squirmed a little when she pushed that ATM over. Thought they had an interesting little role reversal with Jesse being so nice to that little kid, and Walter turning a little scary. I can't stand how these episodes end either, it's always abrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by rdennhs View Post
    Elliot and Gretchen offered to pay for his treatment when he was diagnosed, it offended him and this is where they are now.
    Pride - the root of the whole tragedy that is this show.

Glad I saw this thread. This show is unreal. I watched the first few episodes of this season, got hooked and just finished the first three from season one on Net Flix. I couldn't go to sleep the other night, I was so wound up after watching them. Cranston is amazing.

Thought they had an interesting little role reversal with Jesse being so nice to that little kid, and Walter turning a little scary.
    Yeah dude, Walter has progessively become a less and less sympathetic character this season. It's sort of reminding me of Michael in the 2nd Godfather. I think we've only seen the beginning of what he's capable of.
    If you've never seen an elephant ski, you've never been on acid.

- Eddie Izzard

Yes, correct. Elliot and Gretchen started Grey Matter (i think thats the name) and Walter had a huge part in the research it was involving. Remember Walter is a extremely over educated teacher. Elliot and Gretchen offered to pay for his treatment when he was diagnosed, it offended him and this is where they are now. Looks like Walter is starting to change a little, esp. that convo in the car with his Walter Jr.(Flynn). That episode was fuckin wild, the scenes are so long and drawn out it's almost hard to watch. I squirmed a little when she pushed that ATM over. Thought they had an interesting little role reversal with Jesse being so nice to that little kid, and Walter turning a little scary. I can't stand how these episodes end either, it's always abrupt.
    dont forget that Gretchen and Walter dated before their respective marriages.

And iceman says Top Gear is the best TV show ever.....psshhhh....

I love this series. I think another interesting subplot of sorts will be how Jesse deals with being a "kingpin" of sorts. Something tells me he's gonna botch things somehow. This past episode illustrated that he as a character is softening a bit IMO. It'll be interesting to see how the rest of the season plays out. And lets not forget about Hank's transfer to ELP. Something tells me things will get real interesting when we catch back up with that story.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoWork
    Well we really came up with jong because it was becoming work to call all the johnny-come-lately whiny twats like yourself ball-licking, dick-shitting, butthole-surfing, manyon-sniffing, fotch-fanagling, duck butter spreading, sheep fucking, whiny, pissant, entitled, PMSing, baby dicked, pizza-frenchfrying, desk jockeying flacid excuses for misguided missles of butthurt specifically. That and JONG is just fun to say.
    the-one-track-mind

The scene w/ jesse falling through the roof of the porta-shitter was great. I was laughing at him and then by the end when he's pulling on the gas mask and crying before passing out was ... brutal.

jesse is a great character because he's so flawed and such an immature prick, but still has s nugget of heart.

"What? You've never seen a decapitated human head riding a tortoise before?"

---quite possibly the best line of the series thus far.

Things are going to get really interesting here. Jesse and his new ladyfriend, Walt's ambitions, and Hank's adventures in ELP. Can't wait till next week. Damn, I hate being addicted to a tv show.
    Well we really came up with jong because it was becoming work to call all the johnny-come-lately whiny twats like yourself ball-licking, dick-shitting, butthole-surfing, manyon-sniffing, fotch-fanagling, duck butter spreading, sheep fucking, whiny, pissant, entitled, PMSing, baby dicked, pizza-frenchfrying, desk jockeying flacid excuses for misguided missles of butthurt specifically. That and JONG is just fun to say.
    the-one-track-mind

Loved the Blow fish motivational speech. "I'm a Blow fish!"
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

goddamn that last episode was freaking great
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

Quote Originally Posted by Poop*Ghost View Post
    jesse is a great character because he's so flawed and such an immature prick, but still has s nugget of heart.
    They're both basically decent guys who are in a business that really doesn't suit them.

What a great episode. Pretty damn hilarious, which I feel like the series sort of needed at this point. Bob Odenkirk as Saul is genius.

- Eddie Izzard

Better call Saul, so funny and is now my go answer to all legal WWMD posts. I wish I could find that commercial somewhere in the intertubes.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

you don't need a criminal attorney, you need a "criminal" (thats an) attorney

Badger calling out the cop, then selling to him... fucking great. Such a dumb ass.

^^^ Dude; it’s in the Constitution… so go ahead and ask.

Later:

I hate it when people mess with the constitution.

Bwahahah...

He's back. Game on, bitches. This series needs evil Walt to stay interesting.

- Eddie Izzard

I concur. Looks like next week is going to be badass.
    the-one-track-mind

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Doktor View Post
    He's back. Game on, bitches. This series needs evil Walt to stay interesting.

I predict in a future episode Jesse will want out so he can lead a respectable life with whatsherface and pursue an art career.

I'm requesting more side boob on the landlady.

the landlady's dad is who the criminal lawyer is going to use to move all that product.

as if things weren't interesting enough...next week looks like shit is really going to start hitting the fan.....again....FKNA love this show!
    the-one-track-mind