Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37

Thread: Breaking Bad

Just watched again. Have a question. How did Hank find the Tuco 's place out in the desert by tracking Jesse's car?
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Jesse, prizing his badass set of wheels, had (foolishly, given his occupation) set it up with a Lojack anti-theft system, which includes GPS tracking.

Breaking Bad

Just binged a few.

I like symbolism. Fellini like.

Regarding the airplane crash. Not sure if this was suggested but I think he did it on purpose as revenge. If you recall after he found his daughter there was no anger or emotion at all. When he arrived back to work there was no emotion. He didn't show panic or confusion when he was barking out coordinates either. Walter didn't make an effort to save the girl either.
    Last edited by 4matic; 11-27-2016 at 09:46 PM.

Interesting take. I just thought the ATC was in shock over losing his daughter; distracted and acting rotely without his mind being fully engaged in his job.

Of course, the blame seemingly goes back to Walter White, who passively watched Jane die without doing anything to save her. But Walter didn't make Jane a junkie, and she was certainly a threat to both Walter and Jessie.

Maybe this is also a reference to Pablo Escobar and the airplane he caused to crash in Columbia?

Mmmm, maybe I need to watch the series over again. Or a new season of Better Call Saul would do.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    Interesting take. I just thought the ATC was in shock over losing his daughter; distracted and acting rotely without his mind being fully engaged in his job.
    That's pretty much what makes sense. If ATC-guy wanted to down a plane, let's face it, putting two planes into the same general region of airspace, or even to cross precise GPS coordinates, would have been a ridiculous long-shot way to bring a plane down.

Which brings us to the fact that the whole ABQ-737 plot line is an absurd reach of a coincidence, regardless. Skies were clear, and pilots (not to mention automated equipment onboard) would have been alert to the trajectory of a nearby plane. And in any case, a near miss would have been vastly more likely than a direct hit.

The plane crash thing works for me, sort of, only because it's almost irrelevant to the series' larger plot lines, and because it's more a karmic parable, about the larger consequences of Walt's career direction, than anything else.

There's a movie in the works. Very few details.
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/08/enter...vie/index.html

"fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

Supposedly it's going to be a Jesse sequel, which makes sense, as he's the main loose end, that is the one person, other than Saul who has his own show already, who'd been mixed up in the meth trade who isn't dead at the end of BB (well, aside from Skyler, sort of, but she'd gotten pulled into the periphery of the game not really out of choice).

Jesse's logical path coming out of the finale is to get hauled into jail (he'd been wanted to begin with, his prints are all over the place at a major crime scene, and he's the sole survivor of two successive drug gangs; and he's burnt out mentally and physically, and has no resources whatsoever), then takes a generous plea deal (because there's evidence against him, but no living witnesses, and far from an air-tight case once it's established that he'd been a prisoner at Uncle Jack's compound). But then, that isn't so interesting.

And the Breaking Bad universe doesn't take the logical path.

So then, I guess this next chapter begins with Jesse considering turning himself in, but is confronted with a scenario that makes his situation even more desperate, leading him to do something preposterous and awesome as his only way out of a seemingly impossible bind. Looking forward to it!

Breaking Bad

Quote Originally Posted by bobz View Post
    Supposedly it's going to be a Jesse sequel, which makes sense, as he's the main loose end,
    I saw an interview with Bryan Cranston, where he was asked if there would be any continuation of the story line. His response: "well, you didn't see them put me in a body bag, did you?"
    Alpental Indigenous

^^ Weeellll.... Bryan Cranston is a bit of a joker, you know. Nah, WW is dead. And that goose is cooked in at least two other ways if he isn't dead.