Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad

Breaking Bad

Quote Originally Posted by bobz View Post
    Supposedly it's going to be a Jesse sequel, which makes sense, as he's the main loose end,
    I saw an interview with Bryan Cranston, where he was asked if there would be any continuation of the story line. His response: "well, you didn't see them put me in a body bag, did you?"

^^ Weeellll.... Bryan Cranston is a bit of a joker, you know. Nah, WW is dead. And that goose is cooked in at least two other ways if he isn't dead.

Breaking Bad sequel movie "El Camino" comes out October 11 on Netflix.

Hmmm. So what we know so far: Jesse's out there somewhere, Jesse's wanted as a person of interest, and it seems to be common knowledge (according to the news, somehow; I'm not sure how that would have been established, given that all witnesses other than Jesse got killed) that Jesse had been a prisoner at the compound rather than one of the gang. Should be good! And since we've got Pete, Badger's sure to be there too.

As I said above, about a year ago, Jesse doesn't seem to have a lot of good resources or options on the outside, and his legal prospects in custody aren't necessarily all that bleak, but hey, this story isn't likely to follow a straight line towards best outcomes.

I assume it's the same creative people behind Bad and Saul. Better be. But got me thinking about how it's too bad Jesse is the only one left to build this thing around. They killed everyone else off. He's not a very good actor and, to me, an unappealing character. So, hopefully they surrounded him with a great cast. Better yet,kept him running and hiding while the real action takes place. Like blowing up turtles carrying large severed heads on their backs.

fuckyesfuckyesfuuuuuckyessssssss

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I assume it's the same creative people behind Bad and Saul. Better be. But got me thinking about how it's too bad Jesse is the only one left to build this thing around. They killed everyone else off. He's not a very good actor and, to me, an unappealing character. So, hopefully they surrounded him with a great cast. Better yet,kept him running and hiding while the real action takes place. Like blowing up turtles carrying large severed heads on their backs.
    the fuck?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Breaking Bad

Quote Originally Posted by bobz View Post
    ^^ Weeellll.... Bryan Cranston is a bit of a joker, you know. Nah, WW is dead. And that goose is cooked in at least two other ways if he isn't dead.
    I’ll believe it when the storyline confirms as much. Until then, no bodybag means he can be thought of as both, dead or alive.

The trailer shows Jesse listening to a report about the killings. 9 bodies were found, Jack had 7 of his men with him, Walt makes 9. Walt is dead.

Another trailer out today.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    , to me, an unappealing character.
    Same here, the guy makes my skin crawl. My second least favorite part of the cast, after Badger.

That being said, I had to watch BB in it's entirety twice to actually take Bryan Cranston seriously. The first time, I couldn't shake the memory of him as the dad in Malcolm in the Middle, and couldn't take WW seriously as a character as a result. Second time through: stellar.

Well, to put it bluntly, Jesse was a punk and they made him a bitch.
    Last edited by Benny Profane; 09-24-2019 at 06:59 PM.

Vince Gilligan confirms Walter White is dead.

Friday!

(I'll avoid spoilers for now, until more people have seen it.)

Saw it. It's good. Not awesome, but I enjoyed it. It's of the standard of any three regular Breaking Bad episodes, which is to say, a nice mix of tension, humor, arty shots and scenery, and some gonzo action, all-around engaging. If you're somehow expecting yet another amazing Breaking Bad finale (BB had two, if you include the third to last episode, which could have worked as a final episode), El Camino would probably disappoint, but hey, that's a very high bar.

It's flashback-heavy, so numerous old (dead) characters make appearances (kind of distracting how fat Plemmons got in the past decade). It's not essential (if it was, this stuff would have been covered in the original series), but go ahead and watch it and enjoy.

I'm looking forward to watching this. And yeah, Jesse Plemmons now looks like the bastard child of Matt Damon and Philip Seymour Hoffman at his worst.

I've never seen the show, but Fresh Air is going deep with it today for you fans:

https://www.npr.org/programs/fresh-air/

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I've never seen the show, but Fresh Air is going deep with it today for you fans:

https://www.npr.org/programs/fresh-air/
    I'm not a huge TV watcher, but breaking bad was definitely worth watching. You would dig it.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Oh, and (in real life): RIP Robert Forster, who had a strong performance in El Camino.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I'm not a huge TV watcher, but breaking bad was definitely worth watching. You would dig it.
    Meth, TV's, and subscription services. 3 things I don't do. But thanks. Tried them all in some form, and it never suited my fancy.

Watched it last night and rate it a 7. Flashbacks were cool, reliving the original series. Good storyline about psycho Todd and how Jesse gats the cash to escape. Robert Forster's last role? He was great in Jackie Brown and calling the cops on Jesse over $1800 was pretty funny.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Watched last night as well. In the context of BB it is good, not great... without that context it would be terrible. In the end I hope Jesse meets up with the GSA.

I liked it. Entertaining, not stellar, but enjoyable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Thought it was decent. It's been such a long time that I watched breaking bad, I couldn't really remember what happened to everyone, and I struggled to place some of the minor characters. Seems like they might have been better off just turning it into a few 1 hour episodes that would've given them a bit more time to fill in gaps / jog people's memories.

But yeah, a solid addition to the breaking bad universe. Entirely skippable if you haven't seen the original show.

Started watching again from the beginning last night w the pilot. Any other series out there w the type of juice that BB brings?

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Sinner View Post
    Started watching again from the beginning last night w the pilot. Any other series out there w the type of juice that BB brings?
    The Wire
    Decisions Decisions

Deadwood