Help my crankset keeps coming loose

So I installed my new cranks but after about 2 hours of riding they both keep coming loose so i retighten the screws but that isn't that effective and I don't want to strip the threads on the bottom bracket, WWMD?
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

Bring it to your bikeshop and have them install it the right way.
    I was amazed at how light and fluffy the powdery snow was and at how the challenge never ended.
    -Charles Kelly, CT

Re: Help my crankset keeps coming loose

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ak_powder_monkey
    So I installed my new cranks but after about 2 hours of riding they both keep coming loose so i retighten the screws but that isn't that effective and I don't want to strip the threads on the bottom bracket, WWMD? [/QUOTE

did you use loc-tite or grease or something to lube the bolts? Is your bottom bracket properly installed? things to check
    smoke crack and worship satan

What kind of crank/bb are you using? If they keep coming loose after you've tightened them, sounds like one or both is fucked. Either that or you have crap components...I had a similar problem with an RaceFace Prodigy ISIS bb, switched to a Truvativ Gigapipe Team DH and not a peep

As said before, use grease on the spindles and the bolts, and don't be afraid to crank down on the bolts.

AKPM: Do you have an isis BB/ crank setup or an old square taper? If you have the square taper you need to buy or my preference acquire a crank puller. Blue park one are nice. Use this to pull the crank arms completely off and retighten with an really long allen wrench or a torque wrench. If you use a torque wrench be sure not to over tighten it.
    good luck brah