Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7
    w00t I knew it would end right :0

Quote Originally Posted by BlurredElevens View Post
    nuke it Tracy, and put up a thread about how Colorado Freeride+Krash=the shit. DO IT.
    3rded
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

fourthded.

Things have a way of working out.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Dear Mr. Splat,
    I cannot tell a lie.
    One of the 186 proto Brorockers has 6 extra holes.
    If you were ever wondering how these would ride mounted switch, they're
    already drilled. Not sure if it was the I beams BM got or the ones you got.
    Hope this doesn't exclude me from the trusted tech list
    I feel bad, but then again I remember seeing bro blems w/ top sheets mounted backwards.
    Please accept this small slice of bro stoke and if that isn't enough send me the skis and put it on Ice's tab.

Daywalker is the photoslut
    Hopefully it will all work out and I can continue to be a bropimp
    If you need me I'll be out back smoking a doob
    Way out back
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

thanks, bro.
    You're already out there and you haven't even left for your tour yet.
    That's why I love you, mang.
    Heard BM has a new go-to ski these days.

Quote Originally Posted by bklyn View Post
    I'm getting a refund for the mounts and a reasonable amount of gear for my trouble. Stand up employees are making right what a bad apple did wrong.
    Glad to hear that everything worked out to your satisfaction. I wonder how all of these shop horror stories would turn out without this forum being around. A least a few shops realize that a postive resolution to problems works out well for all parties involved...
    "this thread is an odd combo of win and fail." -Danno

As we have seen again, when you talk to the people in the shop that care, everything gets handled to make the customer happy. All shops, I REPETE, ALL SHOPS, will replace skis mounted wrong once the owner/manager finds out about it.
    Airing your dirty laundry in public is wrong, it just makes people loose faith in shops that are good at what they do. Mistakes happen, good shops correct problems just like all business. Be patient give the shop time to figure out how they can deal with the problem, especially if they don't have another pair to replace off the shelf.
    Also, don't freak out about holes in skis (I'm not saying new skis should have extra holes, thats wrong), but extra holes don't weaken the ski as long as the holes are apart the same distance as the hole width . Skis ( good ones) have binding retention plates under the top sheet so they can be re-mounted. Head once made skis under the Tyrolia brand name, they drilled the ski for every size boot sole available. The looked like swiss cheese, but still skied the same as any other ski. Materials have properties the ski designers know what the ski can tolerate. What did not happen here is the skier went out and the binding pulled out on the first run, the ski skied as well as the design let it ski even with some extra holes?
    I mount all my skis w/holes for my Fritschi's and my alpine bindings , some I have even re-drilled a third time after finding the mounting way to far forward on the new freeride skis for skiing switch. It does not change the way they ski. It's an old myth that comes from the days before metal skis.
    Lastly, what I got out of this is Bro's factory is a garage in someone's house.... With the oldest ski press I have ever seen.
    Leave your dirty laundry at home......Go ski and have fun....Stop making this sport sound like it is full of spoiled, whinny people that have nothing to do but complain about everything.

Quote Originally Posted by KillingCokes View Post
    I don't think he is.

I think he's the head of the Incompetent Ski Shop Workers Union.

Sworn to serve the feeble minded and shaky handed ski workers that need protection from demanding customers around the world.

If you're looking for him he's out back puffin on a doobie
    Local 420, I don't trust a ski tech who is not getting high
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Quote Originally Posted by jwolter7 View Post
    As we have seen again, when you talk to the people in the shop that care, everything gets handled to make the customer happy. All shops, I REPETE, ALL SHOPS, will replace skis mounted wrong once the owner/manager finds out about it.
    Airing your dirty laundry in public is wrong, it just makes people loose faith in shops that are good at what they do. Mistakes happen, good shops correct problems just like all business. Be patient give the shop time to figure out how they can deal with the problem, especially if they don't have another pair to replace off the shelf.
    Also, don't freak out about holes in skis (I'm not saying new skis should have extra holes, thats wrong), but extra holes don't weaken the ski as long as the holes are apart the same distance as the hole width . Skis ( good ones) have binding retention plates under the top sheet so they can be re-mounted. Head once made skis under the Tyrolia brand name, they drilled the ski for every size boot sole available. The looked like swiss cheese, but still skied the same as any other ski. Materials have properties the ski designers know what the ski can tolerate. What did not happen here is the skier went out and the binding pulled out on the first run, the ski skied as well as the design let it ski even with some extra holes?
    I mount all my skis w/holes for my Fritschi's and my alpine bindings , some I have even re-drilled a third time after finding the mounting way to far forward on the new freeride skis for skiing switch. It does not change the way they ski. It's an old myth that comes from the days before metal skis.
    Lastly, what I got out of this is Bro's factory is a garage in someone's house.... With the oldest ski press I have ever seen.
    Leave your dirty laundry at home......Go ski and have fun....Stop making this sport sound like it is full of spoiled, whinny people that have nothing to do but complain about everything.
    Your reply is full of more holes than your skis.
    1. Suppose a customer decides she wants to put a different set of bindings on her skis, but finds when she does it that it will be the third set, because the shop employee was clueless.
    2. My bike is aluminum. Is it ok to drill a bunch of holes in the frame?
    3. The PMGear factory is not in someone's garage, which is not to say that people don't live there.
    4. Bklyn was very restrained in her posts. She didn't include the shop's name in the title. At this point Colorado Freeride has received a load of free publicity. And, it is their dirty laundry, not hers.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by Official Release from The Jackoff Shopworkers Union Cheif
    BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

Quote Originally Posted by jwolter7 View Post
    some I have even re-drilled a third time after finding the mounting way to far forward on the new freeride skis for skiing switch. It does not change the way they ski. It's an old myth that comes from the days before metal skis.
    You are a fucking moron.

JW7 is such a tool he must have "Craftsman" tattooed on his forehead.Repete? Lay off huffing the epoxy at work.
    Calmer than you dude

That dude must only like big businesses, probably only shops at walmart. Doesn't realize that the small shop ski makers can't afford to incorporate metal binding bases into their skis. Any ski with a wood core is going to have potential delam issues from multiple drillings. Even the tiniest space will allow moisture to swell the core.

But he's the expert and we're the whiners I guess. Whatever dude. You have shown your disdain for you customers that aren't happy with your bullshit.

Thanks for changing the world and the way we look at it, jwolter.
    Without experts such as yourself, we're really just shooting blanks here.
    [/taking notes]

Bwaaaaaaaaaaa.

Quote Originally Posted by KillingCokes View Post
    That dude must only like big businesses, probably only shops at walmart. Doesn't realize that the small shop ski makers can't afford to incorporate metal binding bases into their skis. Any ski with a wood core is going to have potential delam issues from multiple drillings. Even the tiniest space will allow moisture to swell the core.

But he's the expert and we're the whiners I guess. Whatever dude. You have shown your disdain for you customers that aren't happy with your bullshit.
    Actually, it's not too feasible to incorporate metal mounting plates in skis unless they run the length of the ski. Then it will be a titanal metal ski. Plates in the binding area alone mess with the camber. We have patented our incredibly effective DoreTech mounting system, which holds a screw as good as a metal layer without adding weight or influencing camber.
    It's kinda like FKNA - if anyone uses it they owe us nickel (or more).
    However, neither metal nor wood negate sloppy tech work, jwolter.
    Show me a new press and I'll show you a rookie.
    Or just look in the mirror.

jwolter7 is on my ignore list. great feature and this thread reads so much better without him. i encourage you all to try it.
    Big skis from small companies at Backcountry Freeskier

Quote Originally Posted by mtskier View Post
    jwolter7 is on my ignore list. great feature and this thread reads so much better without him. i encourage you all to try it.
    and, quoting a douchebag makes the ignore useless.
    ya know, beer is far more than just the world's most perfect breakfast food.

glad to hear that all parties "did the right thing" and this worked out. hopefully, this was just one dude and not the shop per se, but regardless, glad all parties happy. i just love happy endings

man am i late to the party...

i was actually with Bklyn when we all discovered the shoddy mount jobs.

as with her, I don't know much techy stuff, but having spent a good part of my youth making collages and popcorn balls i know enough not to use Elmer's glue for anything other than kindergarten craft projects.

the whole episode (finding the double mounting holes on the Fat Bros and then the Elmers on the Praxis) was a total bummer and makes me totally leery of getting skis mounted at any shops with "stellar" reputations, either in Colo, Utah, or Tahoe.

but i am glad that BK was ultimately taken care of and they more or less rectified their f@#k-up. That's the least they coulda done and apparantly they did it. Good on them!
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

bklyn is offline who guards the guardians?
    Still waiting for some things to be taken care of, but at least good intentions have been put forth by the shop.
    I'm just a simple girl trying to make my way in the universe...
    I come up hard, baby but now I'm cool I didn't make it, sugar playin' by the rules
    If you know your history, then you would know where you coming from, then you wouldn't have to ask me, who the heck do I think I am.