Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jwolter7 View Post
    Mistakes happen. Don't kill another good shop just because you can. Get over it and go skiing.....
    I completely agree J, what it seems like some people on this forum dont realize is that the four pages of "this is what I know, hey do you know as much as me" threads happened in a day. Sorry KILLINGCOKES but unlike texas the ski industry is not walmart and you dont just go in complain, and get your money back especially calling from 2000 miles away. These things take time (like a day) so as for brooklyn, looks like things worked out for you pretty quickly, and in the next couple days it will probably get better. Why dont we all put on our skis and try to progress through skiing instead of bitching.

This shop has always treated me good although I haven't been there since the changeover. Since they are in breck I don't go there much in the winter for ski tuning but have taken my bike there for years. They even fixed another shops fuck up for free a few years ago. Hope this works out well for bklyn

Quote Originally Posted by whitethrash View Post
    but unlike texas the ski industry is not walmart and you dont just go in complain, and get your money back especially calling from 2000 miles away.
    Fuck that. It was bullshit, and everyone knows it. Instead of copping out and being lazy, responsibility needs to be taken. Damaging or not, the facts are the facts...maybe the ski industry needs to work on its customer service.

Why dont we all put on our skis and try to progress through skiing instead of bitching.
    Is that seriously how you think this problem will be solved?

Moron.

-Ski industry employee
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    ...I would have dove into that bush like Jon McMurray.

yea i do braaH, plus i said that to the hundreds of nay sayers putting their own opinion in when it seems it was being handled. Since your such a sweet ski industry employee I thought you would be the first to realize that. I am a moron thats why I work in the ski industry get paid nothing but get to sell and fix equipment and best of all, ski.
    I love your passion, use it on the slopes

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    Hmmmm....I wasn't exactly sure who the employee was. This just confirmed my suspicions. I saw him a couple weeks ago on the hill and asked him why he wasn't working there anymore. He just responded that he didn't want to work for anyone else since Greg sold the shop. Sounds like there was a little more to the story. I've know him for 11 years and always thought he was one of those guys that I can trust about as far as I can throw. Can't say I'm surprised.

B, as a former employee, I'm glad you responded with your vote of reassurance in this matter.
    I must say, that was just a (educated) guess...hence the subliminal undertone.
    "Why do I always get more kisses on powder days?" -my wife

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by squatch View Post
    given the number of "callouts" and "horrible customer service" threads here I'm wondering if there are any legitimate businesses left.

I'll throw another vote of confidence for CF. Got a pair of boots from them and they were great, and they know I'm from texas.

Fuck that. It was bullshit, and everyone knows it. Instead of copping out and being lazy, responsibility needs to be taken. Damaging or not, the facts are the facts...maybe the ski industry needs to work on its customer service.
    Wrong. The lethargic abandonment is fully on the person for not contacting the manager directly before voicing her erred judgment.

Quote Originally Posted by bklyn View Post
    Based on what I've read and heard on the phone from them, I'm going to out them now ...
    Did you talk to the manager before doing this? No.

This thread was pretty worthless and unnecessary. What happened does suck, but taking a stab before all sides are heard and accounted for is more than irrational.

+1 for another CF/RE vote of confidence. Got boots there and they were more than helpful.
    Last edited by Nick Pappagiorgio; 02-15-2008 at 11:06 AM.

Moron.

-Ski industry employee
    what the fuck, a ski shop employee may have been giving Brkln the run around, it looks like somebody is trying to take care of it. What is the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by EPSkis View Post
    I agree. Therefore I quote.

Knowing that they intentionally misled me and tried to cover it up would send me over the edge. I'd normally opt for the "let's work this out" route, but in THIS case - I'd be pissed beyond belief and DEMANDING recourse.
    This is entirely different than the Neptune thread where the customer already tried to work it out with the store, it was escalated to management, and they banned him all of which transpired before the Neptune thread started. There wasn't really anything to wait for nor anywhere to go, so the mayhem ensued. TGR also discovered that store has a bad service rep and made sure everyone knew about it.

This is different than Gripen's Golden tuning thread where there was some expectation that someone would have noticed the tuning damage prior to the customer receiving it. Nevertheless, the shop made it right and apparently had a good reputation too.

Here, there was no supposed conspiracy. It was impossible for anyone to know about the mismount except for the one tech who mounted it and decided to try and cover up his mistake. The other techs couldn't have known, the managers, the owners wouldn't have known because nobody could have seen it. The tech concealed it from everyone until Brklyn and Splat discovered it AFTER they removed the bindings. They are now trying to work it out and we can see here that nobody has had a negative experience to report with this reputable shop besides this one. They have an excellent reputation.

Someone screwed up and I'm sure CF will make it right.
    Last edited by Summit; 02-15-2008 at 11:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    This is entirely different than the Neptune thread

because you and your friends decided you didn't want to have an alias shit flinging fight?

There were three mistakes made: Bro screw up, Praxis screw up and the phone call screw up. That's too many screw ups IMHO.

The phone call screw up, believe it or not, was the worst one of all.
    Why?

1. This was the perfect(perhaps only) time to resolve this problem to EVERYONE'S satisfaction(it sounds like bklyn AT THAT TIME would have been satisfied with just a refund of the mounting expenses). That time has definitely passed and now she should receive full replacement value.

2. bklyn got blown off in a condescending manner, probably due to being of the female variety(guys, believe it or not, this kind of treatment happens a lot to women. Ask one).

3. The wagons got circled and the covering of own asses was started.

All this illustrates the perfect example of what NOT to do when performing customer service. The person in charge should have been informed immediately of the problem from the beginning, the shop manager and owner should have been informed ASAP, and the customer should have felt the situation was being looked into seriously and without delay.
    I deal with customers all the time. Most are very reasonable if treated in a fair and honest manner, and will overlook almost anything(like an extemely bad mount on TWO skis).
    Covering up for a fellow employee might seem like a good thing to do as a team member but it hurts the WHOLE team in the long run with a bad rep and lost sales.

I really hope things get right for you, bklyn...
    "this thread is an odd combo of win and fail." -Danno

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post

because you and your friends decided you didn't want to have an alias shit flinging fight?
    I see reading comprehension isn't your strong point when you have a personal vendetta over who knows what. Read, post, THEN smoke crack.
    I'll be out skiing... bye!
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    I see reading comprehension isn't your strong point when you have a personal vendetta over who knows what. Read, post, THEN smoke crack.
    I'll be out skiing... bye!
    ah, cut the crap summit, you'll be passive agressive again. I read your bullshit and called you on it.

I dont have a vendetta, I just think you are a douchebag who sends people shitty PMs like "what do you know about dead bodys in an avalanche" but then acts all nice and respectable when people are looking.

thread deterioration == confirmed.

hope it all works out for you bklyn.

-steve

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Yeah, we coulda let that guy bklyn talked to blow smoke up her ass until she finally gave in and gave up.

Or we could put a little emphasis on the consequences of such lameness.

We'll take care of our own. Thanks.
    This is why I fucking love this place.
    "Oh, no pics. To simulate the skiing today, walk out your door, grab a handful of snow, and throw it in your face. Repeat as necessary.
    If you don't have snow outside your door, what the fuck are you living there for?"
    -Bum Z 1/30/08

elmers glue still wet after 3 weeks
    This is what puzzles me, how does it stay wet after 3 weeks, does it need air to cure?

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    thread deterioration == confirmed.
    Agreed. If you guys want to continue, I suggest going to the dickwaving thread....
    This is the worst pain EVER!

Helldawg Guest
    I think this was a racial incident. Buncha CO crackers see a young, black ripping female come in with skis they wish they could afford on a ski shop salary, and...Sabotage!

Somebody get Sharpton on the horn!

Whatever. They suck.

I've gotta chime in my 2 Cents.

This Racer's Edge has a good rep for a reason and it isn't because people on the board are chummy with the employee's, etc. I don't know anyone there well enough to call them a friend, or even an acquaintance. In actuality I have friends in another shop but when they can't get something done I take my business to Racer's Edge.

I've never had a problem with them, nor have I heard about one from friends or family who deal with them, in fact it's been the opposite. Case in point: Earlier this season my brother took his Ravens in for a Duke mount. No problems with the mount. After five days on them he compressed an Edge pretty bad. He brought in a brand new pair a month and a half after the originals to get another mount (this was a little over a week ago). The shop guys felt so bad for him the mounted the new pair for free pretty much on the spot (my brother feeling one good turn deserves another compensated them in a non-monetary way). Again, great mount and the tech even remembered how far back from center he asked for the last time.

What happened to Bklyn sucks. If it isn't made right then I'm all for giving the shop what they deserve. For now I'll still give them the benefit of the doubt.

As for the tech who fucked up her skis, he deserves to be called out so he never touches another persons skis again.
    Last edited by Angel; 02-15-2008 at 10:06 PM.

How can you volcano holes on a praxis or bros, I thought both were all wood and no metal. Just curious.

bklyn is offline who guards the guardians?
    Quote Originally Posted by Helldawg View Post
    I think this was a racial incident. Buncha CO crackers see a young, black ripping female come in with skis they wish they could afford on a ski shop salary, and...Sabotage!

Somebody get Sharpton on the horn!

Whatever. They suck.
    The very nice young lady, who took my information both times, is not the one of the techs. I doubt that she had a discussion with the tech about the race of the customer. Don't insert this discourse where it doesn't belong. It dilutes the argument when there truly is an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Pappagiorgio View Post
    Wrong. The lethargic abandonment is fully on the person for not contacting the manager directly before voicing her erred judgment.

Did you talk to the manager before doing this? No.

This thread was pretty worthless and unnecessary. What happened does suck, but taking a stab before all sides are heard and accounted for is more than irrational.

+1 for another CF/RE vote of confidence. Got boots there and they were more than helpful.
    - I didn't out the shop until after I called.
    - I called and asked for a manger and this guy says "Uh, I'm the manager".
    - I explain the situation to him.
    - He tells me the bullshit outlined previously.
    - I ask his name, and when he tells me it, I'm pretty sure he's the same guy that works upstairs. The same guy I shot the shit with for 3 hours when I brought two girlfriends in to get their boots fitted in November. I've been in that place so much his dog knows me.
    - I don't appreciate the run around.
    - If I wasn't connected to this place, or had the backup of Splat and DK, you'd better believe I'd be SOL until I was back in SC in March.

I brought my hard earned and long-waited-for skis there because I trusted this shop and have had a positive history there. It's because of this history that at this point I'm not booking a flight out there to raise hell and demanding the replacement of two pairs of skis.

I've been a customer there before you knew there was a place called Breckenridge, before you could spell it or find it on a map. You need to sit down and STFU at this point.
    I'm just a simple girl trying to make my way in the universe...
    I come up hard, baby but now I'm cool I didn't make it, sugar playin' by the rules
    If you know your history, then you would know where you coming from, then you wouldn't have to ask me, who the heck do I think I am.

So, are you officially saying that you are now a COUGAR?

MEEEOOWW!!!!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

bklyn is offline who guards the guardians?
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    So, are you officially saying that you are now a COUGAR?

MEEEOOWW!!!!
    You need to sit down and STFU at this point.
    I'm just a simple girl trying to make my way in the universe...
    I come up hard, baby but now I'm cool I didn't make it, sugar playin' by the rules
    If you know your history, then you would know where you coming from, then you wouldn't have to ask me, who the heck do I think I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    Case in point: Earlier this season my brother took his Ravens in for a Duke mount. No problems with the mount. After five days on them he compressed an Edge pretty bad. He brought in a brand new pair a month and a half after the originals to get another mount (this was a little over a week ago). The shop guys felt so bad for him the mounted the new pair for free pretty much on the spot (my brother feeling one good turn deserves another compensated them in a non-monetary way).
    handjobs?

kudos to bklyn for keeping the shops name out of the thread title.

remember folks, you can't edit those titles.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.