Check the weather report before hiking plz..

This was so avoidable - Anyone looking at the report for Sunday should have seen the Arctic front with blinding snow squalls and below-zero weather rolling in mid-day Sunday - what were they thinking?

Building a fighting force of extra-ordinary magnitude
    that's a bummer man. I didn't really check the weather for sunday but I had one of my top 3 east coast days ever when that squall moved in. Plus everybody left so the mountain was nearly deserted.

bummer those people didn't have the same sick day as me!

oh and Biederman's right near Plymouth State makes some KILLAH sandwiches and has beers and dirty looking college-age snowboard chicks.
    thats new hampshire as fuck

We ain't eager to be legal, so please leave me with the keys to your Jeep Eagle.

[QUOTE=vinzclortho;1688512]that's a bummer man. I didn't really check the weather for sunday but I had one of my top 3 east coast days ever when that squall moved in. Plus everybody left so the mountain was nearly deserted.

I would say not checking the weather and heading out to the ski hill is way different than going out for a winter hike/summit and not knowing what's blowing in. sad sad. people are dumb.

I don't know what the hell they were thinking with the weather that was expected. The wind and cold Sunday night through Monday was brutal.

Pretty impressive that they could even get a helicopter up there in those conditions.

I've known the guy that died since I was a kid. Damn weird to think that while we were bitching about the cold skiing at Sunapee yesterday, he was up there freezing to death in the mountains.

RIP.

That's unfortunate, good reminder to pay attention and be prepared.
    "It's as cold at night in the woods of new england as it was 200 years ago" is not a saying to forget.

Little Haystack is a brutal hike too. RIP and best of luck to the other guy fighting for his life.

Quote Originally Posted by vinzclortho View Post

oh and Biederman's right near Plymouth State makes some KILLAH sandwiches and has beers and dirty looking college-age snowboard chicks.
    And has some great music at night.
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Quote Originally Posted by vinzclortho View Post
    I had one of my top 3 east coast days ever when that squall moved in. Plus everybody left so the mountain was nearly deserted.
    x2. I was at Smuggs. I couldn't believe how quickly it was piling up. Sunday definitely did not suck.

dam thats sad. i had to leave stowe early sunday morning to avoid the snow squalls. some guy was also killed in a car accident on the mountain road in stowe.

I saw this...sad story. I was ice fishing with a few friends on Canobie lake in southern NH when one of these squalls moved in. It took about 3 minutes before we were in 50+ gusts and complete whiteout conditions.

I can't imagine what these guys up there.