Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    No voting for this one? That's Sugarloaf Reggae weekend... Guess I'll have to meet you guys/gals next year. Have fun.
    A fucking show dog with fucking papers

I'm in if my knee is healed well enough by then. I would be able to provide housing too, but the ski place burned down a couple weeks ago. If insurance covers our loss of service or whatever I may have some space elsewhere. Keeping the fingers crossed for a speedy recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by Natedogg View Post
    No voting for this one? That's Sugarloaf Reggae weekend... Guess I'll have to meet you guys/gals next year. Have fun.
    Vote would be fine, but you gotta throw in some dates. The more that can make it the better. Unlike the rest of us, VG took the initiative to get it all started.

Weekends work better for me, (as long as it doesn't land on March 8), but weekends don't work very well for EP. So.....I guess that pretty much would leave sometime in the middle of summer open for us. How does that work for everyone?
    "You got to express what is taboo in you and share your freak with the rest of us, cause it's a beautiful thing"

Quote Originally Posted by Alioops View Post
    Vote would be fine, but you gotta throw in some dates. The more that can make it the better. Unlike the rest of us, VG took the initiative to get it all started.

Weekends work better for me, (as long as it doesn't land on March 8), but weekends don't work very well for EP. So.....I guess that pretty much would leave sometime in the middle of summer open for us. How does that work for everyone?
    The way this board dicks around w/dates and places and voting, I figured someone better just nail it down. Since I wanted to offer crash space AND not have Mom duties (he's got this weird thing about Mom's ski bum habits), I picked what works for me... After all...

ISN'T THAT WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT??? ME????

Srsly, not everyone can make every date...

Ali what is March 8?? I mean, I might have been planning something.
    When logic goes out the window, go with it.

-- yogachik

Quote Originally Posted by valleygirl View Post
    Got a meeting in Portsmouth.
    "You got to express what is taboo in you and share your freak with the rest of us, cause it's a beautiful thing"

Quote Originally Posted by Alioops View Post
    Got a meeting in Portsmouth.
    Ew.

Weekend meetings are stupid. 'member? We covered this earlier.

-- yogachik

Quote Originally Posted by altaski85 View Post
    I'm in if my knee is healed well enough by then. I would be able to provide housing too, but the ski place burned down a couple weeks ago. If insurance covers our loss of service or whatever I may have some space elsewhere. Keeping the fingers crossed for a speedy recovery.
    No problem on the hoping for speedy recovery thing...

Where was your place that burned??

-- yogachik

Not Ali, but March 8 is my birthday!
    It's 5 o'clock somewhere.

The way this board dicks around w/dates and places and voting, I figured someone better just nail it down.
    agreed. we're never going to find a date that's good for everyone, and there's something going on somewhere literally every weekend. if it's not bmmc at kmart, telefest at mrg, or black magic festival at.. uh, magic, then it's an ant farm convention at stratton.. or maybe even a reggae festival at sugarloaf. if ant farms are more important to you than the mini, then by all means go enjoy the ant farm.

also, imo, vg's generosity entitles her to pick the date.

-steve

No problem on the hoping for speedy recovery thing...

Where was your place that burned??
    In Jackson, right next to the Wentworth Hotel and the XC Touring Center. It was in the papers up there and everything. Good thing is they decided to allow it as a casualty loss for property owners, so insurance is gonna pay for a new one, minus the deductable. They're saying it should be up mid-summer in preparation for next year...we'll see about that.

I'm was out in Alta for the season so it didn't really affect me, and a new condo wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by altaski85 View Post
    In Jackson, right next to the Wentworth Hotel and the XC Touring Center. It was in the papers up there and everything. Good thing is they decided to allow it as a casualty loss for property owners, so insurance is gonna pay for a new one, minus the deductable. They're saying it should be up mid-summer in preparation for next year...we'll see about that.

I'm was out in Alta for the season so it didn't really affect me, and a new condo wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.
    Oh shit. So sorry to hear about that. EP and I were having breakfast at Yesterdays that morning.

I saw the article in the paper a few days later and though I do not remember the exact quote from the owners of the condo, I do recall appreciating their (your) percpective.
    Last edited by Alioops; 02-13-2008 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    also, imo, vg's generosity entitles her to pick the date.
    Fair enough...

I figured a Tuckerman mini would be best after most (if not all) ski areas closed. But who am I to say--I'm not officially in this club (yet).
    A fucking show dog with fucking papers

No matter what I'll be there April 12th with my young cousin. He's 17 and has been begging me to take him for the past 3 years. He's finally ready for Tucks.

A couple of the guys from my shop and myself were talking about doing an April Tucks run, I'm sure we'd be happy to watch how the real mags do it if we could tag along, I'd just have to make sure the date's good with them.

Quote Originally Posted by trenchtownrock View Post
    A couple of the guys from my shop and myself were talking about doing an April Tucks run, I'm sure we'd be happy to watch how the real mags do it if we could tag along, I'd just have to make sure the date's good with them.
    I'm sure you guys would hold up just fine. Check with them and come along.

i'm pretty sure i'll be there. i've been wanting to hit tucks for the past 4 years or so and now it looks like i'll actually be able to make it there.

i should be able to get there. Ive been eying up tucks for a few years now
    Live

Ill be there as well, and I could do another trip up later in the spring too if anyone else wants to make some plans
    Decisions Decisions

steve, how far is this from me? In theory I would go...but not sure the 7 hr driving stint each way is gonna happen...unless we carpool or sumthin.

Sprite
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ

Quote Originally Posted by snowsprite View Post
    steve, how far is this from me? In theory I would go...but not sure the 7 hr driving stint each way is gonna happen...unless we carpool or sumthin.

Sprite
    about the same as that drive we took from ontario to mammoth. ~6 hrs.

and yes, lets carpool. that would be great..

i might make it. all depends on the weather when we head up. it's always a last minute decision from mid-march on. weather good, avi conditions good, we go.

if it's reggae weekend, don't think I can do it. Been promising friends I'd do that for 3 years now. I'll be doing tucks the 1st, most likely.

Ali, shoot me a line re: the 8th, as I still owe you and Erik drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    about the same as that drive we took from ontario to mammoth. ~6 hrs.

and yes, lets carpool. that would be great..
    Ugh, that's grossly far. But worth it, always wanted to ski Tucks. So maybe make it a long weekend?

Sprite
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ

Quote Originally Posted by snowsprite View Post
    Ugh, that's grossly far. But worth it, always wanted to ski Tucks. So maybe make it a long weekend?

Sprite
    definitely down for taking a PD and making it a 3-day weekend.

I'll be up there weather/conditions permitting. Say what you will be I'm very tempermental about hitting Tucks at the right time. As we all know, place can be absolutely amazing or absolutely terrifying/waste 'o effort depending on what ma nature is serving up. If this comes together I say we start dealling out lines like cards and make sure the mags absolutely slay that place.
    Uno mas