Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Squaw Comp Venue??

LEts speculate, oh yea the dates have also been pushed forward one day. I speculate, Day 1 Headwall/CII and Day 2 Silvy/Trambowl/ Chinawall.

I have been wondering about that. I was thinking some place off Broken Arrow for day one. (I'm not to worried about the next days) There might be some nice "corn" by next week.

Bump
    I just did a little skiing off the light towers, the snow is not to forgiving. It should split those who have some really good skills from those who are pack fill (me). No matter, it should make for some "extreme" skiing if we don't get snow.

Oh, I cought a bit of the boarder cross today. The skier cross should be fun to watch tomorrow.

It's going to be in Light Towers? Should make for good watching, if not good skiing.

any word yet?? The snow is going to be shitty!!! Supposed to be real warm for the next week, wax up. Who knows where it is going to be now?

Quote Originally Posted by T-Boz View Post
    any word yet?? The snow is going to be shitty!!! Supposed to be real warm for the next week, wax up. Who knows where it is going to be now?
    I don't know about you... but I'll take warm soft slushy snow over cold icey hard gnarpack anyday.

Quote Originally Posted by GoNads View Post
    I don't know about you... but I'll take warm soft slushy snow over cold icey hard gnarpack anyday.
    I thought racers thought Cold Icey Gnarpack was almost better than powder?
    Quote Originally Posted by twodogs View Post
    Hey Phill, why don't you post your tax returns, here on TGR, asshole. And your birth certificate.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    I thought racers thought Cold Icey Gnarpack was almost better than powder?
    Are you retarded? I live in Whistler, you know that. Icey gnarpack exists there like 2 days a year. That, and after casing the triple in the sx course multiple times a day for the last 3 days my knees can't really take much more. I'm barely walking as is right now.

Would you rather huck 20 to chunky icepack or soft slush?
    Last edited by GoNads; 02-10-2008 at 02:27 PM.

twas a joke. Notice the smile? I think even racers are human enough to appreciate powpow

although with your knee problems I certainly understand your lack of humor.
    Quote Originally Posted by twodogs View Post
    Hey Phill, why don't you post your tax returns, here on TGR, asshole. And your birth certificate.

but it is not going to freeze at night, so it will be 8 feet of slop

there's plenty of good winter and spring snow out there right now... tho i'm not looking at it from a competitor's perspective. just making turns...

it occurred to me that from ahh chutes to dead tree would make for a pretty sick venue, tho that would require REAL warm overnight temps to be soft enough early enough.

that being said, my guess is a day of light towers -> CII and a day of silvy. regardless of where it is, i can't wait to watch.

edit: http://www.jahroy.com/images/2008.02.10.Ahh.jpg
    Last edited by jahroy; 02-10-2008 at 08:15 PM.

Sweet pic jahroy, but you know that the west face will be bullet proof next week until like 3pm. The comp will be sick where ever it is and people will go off and there will be some carnage, but just think if the comp was like last week when it was still cold and deep things would have been off the charts!!! I definatly like the venue of silvy, bungee bowl/china wall, if you sit high on the broken arrow side you can see every nook and crany from top to bottom of silvy.

damn... i can't wait. yeah, the whole time it was dumping in jan i was saying to myself: "could you imagine if the comp happened now." oh well.... what made last year's comp so impressive to me was the way these superheroes were sticking it in the ultra variable junk that they were skiing in...

for the west side of KT to come into play the forecast would probably have to be calling for temps in the high 60's in the basin.... then you could ski that stuff by probably noon or so. i was just kinda dreaming out loud on that one.

anyone? Venue for squaw comp? I heard an ugly rumer day 1 was to be in the enchanted forest area, like last year, ugg! That place sucks, it is going ot be boiler moguls!! Fuck, just do it in Silvy, at least there will be some intersting carnage.

This is what I heard today... same stuff as last year. It looks like its to difficult to bring all the gear over the Silverado. Also CII and Enchanted Forest are good for viewing. However, it sounded like things were still up in the air. I skied in the Enchanted Forest today and not to many moguls and the snow was soft up top and the sun warmed up the lower part. But... it was about 12 or 1 pm when I was there.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Boz View Post
    anyone? Venue for squaw comp? I heard an ugly rumer day 1 was to be in the enchanted forest area, like last year, ugg! That place sucks, it is going ot be boiler moguls!! Fuck, just do it in Silvy, at least there will be some intersting carnage.

It's going to be the same as last year..... Silvy will be very unpredictable in regards to temps and start time. in the morning, pretty good around 12-2, crap for the later competitors. Also there was a lot of melt-back and bad take offs. I agree enchanted forest sucks, but it seem to be the most consistent. I'm hoping nose to fingers.

Nose to fingers would be sick but I have been hearing more and more that it is going to be light towers to C2 on both days. If this is true it dont know what to say -- Super Gay. How can you hold both days in the same area?

Here are a few photos of C2 from today.

http://unofficialsquaw.com/words/200...enue/#more-539
    Last edited by unofficialandes; 02-12-2008 at 10:23 PM.

Thanks unofficial, I know what the venues look like but the pics help me form a plan. I still just hate the snag cliff/ice goddess area, you can't open it up there much, you have to do lots of 50/50 airs (50% chance of landing and skiing away).

SOrry, mis-read, actually cII/lighttowers have some ok snow, so I would be a little more partial to the comp there both days, but yea 2 days same area seems weird. The should close that area off now, so it doesn't get totally hammered, and maybe the predited winds will smooth it out some.

Quote Originally Posted by Ski Guy View Post
    This is what I heard today... same stuff as last year. It looks like its to difficult to bring all the gear over the Silverado. Also CII and Enchanted Forest are good for viewing.
    That's what I was thinking.

Good luck to you guys. I won't be there to hoot and holler.
    Last edited by Jim S; 02-13-2008 at 12:06 PM.
    Every man dies. Not every man lives.
    You don’t stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

Saw someone in full snow ninja aegix gear, I was screaming for change from the chairlift today. I'm in an orange one piece, come say hi. (Its Nadia)

orange one piece? should be easy to spot, if the winds don't shut it all down today.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim S View Post
    (I got invited to demo many of next years skis at a different venue in Tahoe.)
    Wow you must be rad to get to test next years gear!

Good luck guys, wish I could have made the trip down that way....
    "Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die tomorrow"

Moment skis

hey- anyone going to spectate at squaw and want to meet up to ski Friday? skijunky will be competing so I'll be skiing around solo. been to squaw once before so am mildly familiar...

has tomorrow's venue been officially announced??

can't wait to watch and be amazed... good luck everyone.