Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Brand New P-tex guns

Okay, its probably not good to start off my first post by trying to sell something but I posted this over at epicski.com: http://forums.epicski.com/showthread.php?t=65150

After weeks of trying to locate a ptex gun for less then $130 I stumbled upon the manufacturer of the Tec 350 base repair pistol. It is the first gun designed from the ground up to be a ski base repair gun. Most base guns are glorified hot glue guns with added heating elements and a special nozzle.
    Now while the Tec 350 is more then $130, its over $190. They just developed a consumer version that is a little more then half of that. I just bought one and am thoroughly impressed. The gun heats up in a little over 10 minutes and the tip has a separate heating element that warms the base area up for the weld.

The quality is far superior as well as the design. Let me know if there is any interest in acquiring a high quality repair gun for $110 with a table mounted stand and 5 black and 7 clear ptex sticks(tognar sells each of these sticks for $.79 a piece.) As I promised I will post some pics up tonight. Thanks!

I have 2 left but I can get more in if need be. $110+$5 for shipping.

One left, who wants it?

I do I do

Quote Originally Posted by DJMingus View Post
    I do I do
    I'm mucho curios about this thing. Mind writing a review once you've used it a few times?
    "Life's not a bitch. Life's a beautiful woman. You only call her a bitch 'cause she won't let you get that pussy." - Aesop

I know for sure that Rontele wanted one of those..... Call him on his cell: 212-479-7990
    "Shit, I'll choke her while she's cleaning, and I'll do it wearing a helmet cam mounted on a full-face helmet.
    I'll have meatdrink9 do the lighting for the shot. He'll make it artsy as fuck."
    - Phunk

Quote Originally Posted by blizzboy283 View Post

I just bought one and am thoroughly impressed.

I have 2 left
    How does that work?
    The coefficent of desireability is inversly proportionate to the degree of availability.

Quote Originally Posted by SpinalTap View Post
    I'm mucho curios about this thing. Mind writing a review once you've used it a few times?
    If I end up getting it I will.

Quote Originally Posted by 1wsguy View Post
    How does that work?

Sorry, it sounds confusing. What happened was that I was searching and searching for Ptex guns. I didn't want to pay $130+ for a glorified hot glue gun. This gun was made from the ground up to repair ski bases, unlike all the other ptex guns out there. They are a UK company that makes a killer professional model (tec 350, $200) but they didn't have a distribution chain for their new consumer model. I was literally one of the first ones to get one and my first post was from before I distributed them.

DJMingus (Chris) bought the last one.

I can order another case of ten if the interest is there.

There is a write up by a professional tuner here: http://forums.epicski.com/showthread.php?t=65974

I missed this the first time around.
    I'm in if the group buy goes down.
    let me know.
    Jon

Sorry, it sounds confusing. What happened was that I was searching and searching for Ptex guns. I didn't want to pay $130+ for a glorified hot glue gun. This gun was made from the ground up to repair ski bases, unlike all the other ptex guns out there. They are a UK company that makes a killer professional model (tec 350, $200) but they didn't have a distribution chain for their new consumer model. I was literally one of the first ones to get one and my first post was from before I distributed them.
    Go back to Epic you douche
    "You don't want to run into me on the tram dock. I went to jail. I have an inclinometer, and a friend of a friend who's a lawyer. Why do you have to be such a hater? I was just trying to post some stoke." The Suit

"I demoed the Davenport 2 weeks ago, I really liked them a lot... the blue sidewalls and tip really looked great with my pants. I also tried the '11 MX98, they didn't look as good with my outfit. If you have blue pants or maybe some Lange race boots I recommend you check them out."

Hey, now.

"Go back to Epic you douche"
    is totally out of line, anti-EPIC skinny ski bias, Smails.

So what if the guy is a JONG? He is making an attempt, albeit a bit awkwardly, to hook TGR-ers up to a mag-like deal for a unusual piece of hardware. If people here decide it is worth the $$ then good on him.

Of course, it goes without saying, if he is a dishonest MF-er then release the hounds of hell upon his ass.
    That's Mr. JONG to you, punk!

I might be interested pending a review. I'd like to see the job they do on a pair of busted skis first.
    Quote Originally Posted by wintermittent
    And furthermore. What is up with turkey bacon? Healthy bacon? Unpossible.
    Quote Originally Posted by snowsprite
    That is like masturbation. People resort to it when they can't have the real thing!

x2 on what bobski said; I'd be in for a gun, pending reviews/write-ups/long-term thrashing... It sounds interesting, convenient, but, I'll agree, the lead-in is a little sketch.

Since you only have 4 posts, blizzboy283, do you know any maggots who could vouch for you? Also, you should let the collective know EXACTLY how much they cost you, how much you're making on them (you say you're a distributor), and how you're hooking us up. If retail is $110, and you get them for $50, then people will probably get pissed. If retail is $150, and you get them for $100, and you let us know UP FRONT that you're making $10 on your deal because you're a starving student/poor ski bum/pathetic panhandler , we'll be more sympathetic to your cause. Just don't be a douche, and try to pull a fast one. The more information, the better.
    Last edited by GapersGoHome; 02-04-2008 at 10:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkasquawlik View Post
    So there I was McGoverning down the mountain but I McConkeyed the hell out of a Morrison and landed on my Harrisons. Just then I Skogened off a Tuffelmire but hit my McMurray into a Holmes. As I came to the Burke I Steele Spenced over a Moles and stopped on a Krietler. Then I saw Gaffney, and then two Gaffneys, but they Moseleyed me into a Hall. So I said, "Pep!!" and Saged on out of that Thovex.
    Poetry, on motion.

I don't take it back
    "You don't want to run into me on the tram dock. I went to jail. I have an inclinometer, and a friend of a friend who's a lawyer. Why do you have to be such a hater? I was just trying to post some stoke." The Suit

"I demoed the Davenport 2 weeks ago, I really liked them a lot... the blue sidewalls and tip really looked great with my pants. I also tried the '11 MX98, they didn't look as good with my outfit. If you have blue pants or maybe some Lange race boots I recommend you check them out."

I thought I had a pretty good disclaimer in my original post as people might think its a little sketchy that my first post was selling an item. However I have close to 700 posts over on epic and I sell on eBay under this same screenname. I definitely don't know any maggots who could vouch for me (I don't post here) but I'm sure there are quite a bit over on epic.

I never really thought of posting here because I had a perception that new users get called names or get involved in a flamewars. Smails of course confirmed my perception.

I know there are a bunch of hard core skiers here so I thought it might be a good place to relinquish my stock. I was right as the two guns sold in less then 2 hours.

It looks like I will be able to get 8 more, that's it. I've been told that is all that is remaining in this production run. If some users don't trust me, then that is their decision.

I'm definitely not trying hard to sell these things as they pretty much sell themselves.

A gun built from the ground up to repair bases. 5 black and 7 clear 11mm welding rods (plenty more in stock if need be) all for $115 to your door. I think that is a pretty good deal considering the best I've seen for a glorified hot glue gun is $130 from Tognar.

If you guys don't like the deal then don't buy it, simple as that. I will let those interested know when I should get the last 8, most likely by friday. Thanks

Id be in for one if you can get 8 more blizzboy283....

A gun built from the ground up to repair bases. 5 black and 7 clear 11mm welding rods (plenty more in stock if need be) all for $115 to your door.
    It does seem like a good deal, don't get me wrong. I'm just asking you to be up front with how much you're making in the deal... I'm not flaming here, I'm actually trying to help you from getting flamed, buddy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkasquawlik View Post
    So there I was McGoverning down the mountain but I McConkeyed the hell out of a Morrison and landed on my Harrisons. Just then I Skogened off a Tuffelmire but hit my McMurray into a Holmes. As I came to the Burke I Steele Spenced over a Moles and stopped on a Krietler. Then I saw Gaffney, and then two Gaffneys, but they Moseleyed me into a Hall. So I said, "Pep!!" and Saged on out of that Thovex.
    Poetry, on motion.

Quote Originally Posted by GapersGoHome View Post
    x2 on what bobski said; I'd be in for a gun, pending reviews/write-ups/long-term thrashing... It sounds interesting, convenient, but, I'll agree, the lead-in is a little sketch.

Since you only have 4 posts, blizzboy283, do you know any maggots who could vouch for you? Also, you should let the collective know EXACTLY how much they cost you, how much you're making on them (you say you're a distributor), and how you're hooking us up. If retail is $110, and you get them for $50, then people will probably get pissed. If retail is $150, and you get them for $100, and you let us know UP FRONT that you're making $10 on your deal because you're a starving student/poor ski bum/pathetic panhandler , we'll be more sympathetic to your cause. Just don't be a douche, and try to pull a fast one. The more information, the better.
    Umm...its a business. You don't give out that kind of information. If he found a box of these on the sidewalk hes not obliged to give them all away here.

That, um....

That looks exactly like a glorified glue gun.

In fact, forget the "glorified". It looks exactly like this glue gun:

Which it is.

The price? About $15. On the low end even for a glue gun.

I'm not saying you're a conniving, lying fuck, blizzboy.

It's possible you might just be stupid.

Or both. Who knows/who cares?

But if it's an honest mistake, where did the repeated blather assuring us that this P.O.S. was "designed from the ground up"; was "high quality" and was "not a..glue gun" originate? Hmm?

It appears you tried to rip off Maggots.

You're so very fucked. Good bye.

Most ptex guns look like glue guns, it is more a matter of ergonimical design from a design that is easy to use.

Pulling a pic of a glue gun off the web and saying they look similar therefore the ptex gun is a copy isn't very smart. They are all going to look like a gun with a squeeze handle.

Things I would be interested in are:
    1) What is the body contruction made out of? Plastic or some kind of composite?
    2) What kind of metal is the tip made of and what is the diameter of it?
    3) Close of pics of the container tube. How easy is it to clean after use?

ShawnB, it seems like you are more interested in proving the guy wrong than you are about finding real information on the product.
    That is like masturbation. People resort to it when they can't have the real thing!

I want one if there are any left. SlideWright purchased a few of these and are selling them now.
    http://www.slidewright.com/products.php?cat=52&pg=2

Quote Originally Posted by serge944 View Post
    Umm...its a business. You don't give out that kind of information. If he found a box of these on the sidewalk hes not obliged to give them all away here.
    We opperate a little differently here:
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=39772

We are not a comunity to attempt to make money off of. We can however give glowing reviews, or bad reviews if the product sucks, and help you sell many more.

Quote Originally Posted by GapersGoHome View Post
    It does seem like a good deal, don't get me wrong. I'm just asking you to be up front with how much you're making in the deal... I'm not flaming here, I'm actually trying to help you from getting flamed, buddy.
    I know your not flaming, I actually appreciate your help. Am I making a profit? Yes. However I think its clear cut that this price is better then anything else out there. It is cheaper and higher quality then anything south of $200.

Quote Originally Posted by TWINS View Post
    I want one if there are any left. SlideWright purchased a few of these and are selling them now.
    http://www.slidewright.com/products.php?cat=52&pg=2
    Yes, I'm aware of that as I shipped them to him myself. Twins, I returned your pm, the guns are on their way to me. I should have them and ready to ship by friday.