Moment Tahoe Reviews are lacking..so here you go

Me-Like to ski fast, hard, and be in the air as much as possible
    Ski-Moment Tahoe 180 w/ Mojo 15s
    Conditions-Groomed, Ice,bumps, crud
    Skis I like-BROs, 179 Vicious,Titan 9, AR5, Rubies, T4, Legend Pro, Movement Thunder
    Skis I didnt like-Mantra, 169 Vicious, Blowers

First Impressions: When I first carried the box into my house I thought it was empty. Awesome graphics..They really pop. Flex is fairly stiff..Pretty much the same flex as my 179 Stiff BROs. Nice flex for an everday ski. Stiffer than my Rubies.

Construction(Same as Rubies)-Bomber skis, very well made. Hit some rocks which barely even made a mark on the base. Topsheet does chip a little bit, but not bad at all. Could be taken care of by filing down the topsheet. As far as I can tell these skis will last me a while. While on my Rubies I hit a shark tooth at full throttle. My only core shot yet, while Im sure it make have broken many other skis.

Ice- My first day out of these consisted of ICE and some softer ice-cubish snow on the lower mountain..To my suprise they absolutely ripped the ice and held an edge like a GS ski. They will make whatever shape turn you want. Logn radius, short radius,etc... Super fast..They thrive on speed.

Groomed- See above^ They rip...Any energy you put into the ski will be given back..tons of pop and rebound..Fun to mess around on, or haul ass. You pick.

Bumps- Pretty sweet in the bumps..Nice and nimble. Not too stiff, but certainly not a bump ski. They will not hold you back from skiing bumps all day, but it is definitely not where they shine.

Bumps 2nd impression- Damn!They rule the bumps. So quick. Sooo quick. Its unfair to have a 96mm waist and perform like they do in the bumps. what!

Crud-These skis eat up the crud. They just plow right through with easy..The dampness contributes to its crud performance. You can haul ass, or finesse your way down, but either way they are fun. They are definitely at home in the crud.

Cut up east coast pow- Really really fun..Poppy and lively. Will plow through. They are also super stable and make the cut up snow feel like a groomer. I will expand on this when I have more time.

I have not gotten them in the trees or pow yet, due to the weather, but hopefully soon.

Summary: They ski very similarly to the 179 BROs, but more user friendly and a little bit more turny. Very fun, tons of pop, rails turns. Easily the most versatile ski Ive ever been on. Two thumbs up. Id say the flex is a touch softer than Legend Pros.

More to be added soon.
    Last edited by DePierre; 02-25-2008 at 05:52 PM.

Sounds like the perfect ski to replace my 179 Seths stiffer to handle variable better. How much stiffer are they? Any other skis you can compare flex to, I've never flexed any bros, 190 Gots, PE's, ect... Do they ski like a 180 or much shorter and did you mount on ze line?

Moment have done an awesome job with the range they've produced, i've got Rubys and Tahoes on my list for next year.
    Last edited by mountain_man; 02-03-2008 at 03:40 AM.
    I ski therefore I am.

Quote Originally Posted by mountain_man View Post
    Sounds like the perfect ski to replace my 179 Seths stiffer to handle variable better. How much stiffer are they? Any other skis you can compare flex to, I've never flexed any bros, 190 Gots, PE's, ect... Do they ski like a 180 or much shorter and did you mount on ze line?

Moment have done an awesome job with the range they've produced, i've got Rubys and Tahoes on my list for next year.
    Yeah I've skied Seths as well. They are definitely stiffer than Seths. The Tahoes are better on variable snow and harder snow. The Vicious is a little more floaty and easier to over-power. The Tahoe feels like a stiffer, damper Seth which in turn handles speed even better and obviously enhances hard pack performance. Hope that helps..

BTW I also have Rubies and absolutely love them..

Looks like i'll be putting them on my list.
    I ski therefore I am.

Also to compare the seths vs. tahoes: My brother has the seths in 179, I've got tahoes in 180, we both have axial 140's. Tahoes are much lighter than the seths, the difference is significant. The float award goes to seths the hardpack award goes to the tahoe. Also the twin on the tahoe is huge/full and the recommended mount is pretty forward (-6 from center), so they ski shorter than the seths which ski longer than the 179 they're listed at. If the tahoe was going to be my everyday ski I would definitely get the 188 but I'm more than happy now with the 180.

I've only got 3 days on my tahoes and I'll add more after this weekend but I can pretty much echo the thoughts above except that I've found that the tahoes really like to turn like they prefer a shorter radius turn. Also I've found the tip gets deflected in HEAVY crud but otherwise an awesome versatile everyday EC ski.

Quote Originally Posted by Sphinx15 View Post
    Also to compare the seths vs. tahoes: My brother has the seths in 179, I've got tahoes in 180, we both have axial 140's. Tahoes are much lighter than the seths, the difference is significant. The float award goes to seths the hardpack award goes to the tahoe. Also the twin on the tahoe is huge/full and the recommended mount is pretty forward (-6 from center), so they ski shorter than the seths which ski longer than the 179 they're listed at. If the tahoe was going to be my everyday ski I would definitely get the 188 but I'm more than happy now with the 180.

I've only got 3 days on my tahoes and I'll add more after this weekend but I can pretty much echo the thoughts above except that I've found that the tahoes really like to turn like they prefer a shorter radius turn. Also I've found the tip gets deflected in HEAVY crud but otherwise an awesome versatile everyday EC ski.
    Yes..Maybe I didnt explain it as well as I should of..they definitely like to turn and are very capable of very very shot radius turns, but if you want to open it up and make large gs turns as well that is no problem.

Just curious where do you ski in the east... Could you compare the grip on these to any of this years carving skis?

Quote Originally Posted by DePierre View Post
    Summary: They ski very similarly to the 179 BROs, but more user friendly and a little bit more turny. Very fun, tons of pop, rails turns. Easily the most versatile ski Ive ever been on. Two thumbs up. Id say the flex is a touch softer than Legend Pros.

More to be added soon.
    To tie ^^^ in, per this response, the 188 Tahoes are 20 ounces lighter than the 188 stiff Bros (per pair). And per this reply, a pair of 188 Tahoes are less than 2 ounces heavier than the 183 soft bros. Don't have a measurement on the 180's unless montanaskier finally decides to weigh them.

I'll see if I can weigh mine tonight, 180cm with Axial140s

The only other "carving" ski I've been on in the last two years is the nordica top fuel, which is a TANK comparatively - might weigh twice as much as the Tahoe no exaggeration. Nordi's plowed through the chop a lot easier but locked you into a much longer radius turns - high speed GS style only. The Tahoe's have a shorter turn radius, the grip is very comparable (surprising for how light it is but obviously not quite as strong as the TF) however you can make any turn shape on the Tahoes, where you would get worked to death making short turns on the top fuels, which need you stay on the throttle all the time to get them to respond.