Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    I'll bet if you tried really hard you could guess

Fernie getting hammered!!!

32cm overnite, 61 cm in the last 48hrs. 142 in the last 7 days and it's still puking. All blower. Well over a 3 metre base now.

20 cm rule is in effect for me this AM WOOOO HOOOO!!!!

Thats all!!!!
    You don't need freerides when you got freeheels

God damnit. A winter too soon. But I'm happy for you guys.

ARRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!

This is making me cry. Fu*#, fu*#, fu*#, I can't wait till this work project is done.

Good on ya Freeheel. Now tell Robin to buck up and open the Headwall.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

They won't even open the bowls up. I think the face lift only ran once for a short time this year. I don't think the headwall will ever be opened before 4PM.

Robin is getting more and more cautious in his old age

What was open today? Will be up there tomorrow.

The Big ruled today and will be tough to leave...

On the old side the triangle was opened (Bear, Boomerang, Cedar ridge) The bowls were closed. I never went over to the timber side, just stuck to the steeps on the old side.

It's puking out again so I suspect tomorrow will be more of the same.

I've got the next 3 days off, and my girlfriend's permission to go without her (how the hell did I manage that?) but no way to get there and nowhere to stay. (I'm in BC about 600km away) Looks like I won't be getting my skis shined up this weekend.

I expect a good TR or two. Enjoy this snow
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

I have got to get back to Fernie!!!

Anyone heading up tomorrow - feel free to change up the two guys on matte black and sunset praxis

Heading out tomorrow to get on the slopes for the weekend. I hear every room in town is booked out as of a couple of days ago. I can't wait.

Give a shout to the tall guy on old big daddies or AK rockets mounted tele. White jacket, green pants, black helmet, and flouro green poles.
    Recently overheard: "Hey Ralph, what were you drinking that time that you set your face on fire?"

FYI another 25cm is reported this morning. To make 167cm in the last week. This is the kind of Fernie all of us old locals remember. I gotta stay a work today. I'll be out Saturday.
    Hope you all can get out and get yourselves some!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gripen View Post
    What was open today? Will be up there tomorrow.

The Big ruled today and will be tough to leave...
    The Big is off the hook this year. 6ft this week alone!!! And its still snowing outside.

Post some pics!!

No pics, but upper Lizard opened about 11:30 - I've never skiied snow that deep. Literally. Turns out the relatively flat tree area just before Dancer/Easter Bowl was shoulder deep on me (and I'm 6'4). If anyone saw the guy wading out for 30mins there, I was that jong.

Total sickness today, but super busy. Currie bowl opening at 10:30am ish had approx. 60 ppl duck the rope at once - four or five guys got clotheslined by it, there were a couple of pileups after that - real destruction derby stuff. Awesome.

Did they open upper Cedar and Snake?
    I heard the masses are arriving. Tomorrow will be nuts. I guess we got spoiled all week all that pow and hardly anyone here. I see there's more in the forecast for next week.

It looked like the (steep, skiiers left of bear) chute-ish dropin to Cedar was open, but not the traverse. I assume it was still closed past Cedar Centre. Will probably open tomorrow for the weekend warriors

I'm so spoilt being here. Compared to Europe, the weekend is the same as a weekday for crowds. Guess I'm never going back to Europe

How busy does it get at Fernie during times of deep snow like this?
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

The destruction derby is just the locals practicing for the Labor Day Demolition Derby. Watch out for the girls, the Powder Puff run is brutal!!!

Enjoy the fluff and pray the temps stay cool!

My 67 year old dad will be down there in 10 daze to be schralping the powder so enjoy the quiet while you can... he beat us to Revi... and he will be cat skiing in Fernie... he puts us all to shame, he just waltzed in from skiing 0900 to 1600 in Bye-Bye Bowl at SSV!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wicked_sick View Post
    How busy does it get at Fernie during times of deep snow like this?
    Many weekend warriors called in sick today and headed down to Fernie
    but the 4 previous days were not very busy. Especially Monday and tuesday when the bitter cold scared people away.

Here is a photo for an idea of what its like.
    I am sinking to my waist and I am riding on my Pontoons!

Quote Originally Posted by Eldo View Post
    what happened to Shadam this year? Usually by now he is posting drinking reports daily.

Huckin - I was stood behind you in the Currie lineout, almost asked for change when I saw the 'toons - ah well

Wish I had a camera today!

Quote Originally Posted by toiletduck View Post
    Huckin - I was stood behind you in the Currie lineout, almost asked for change when I saw the 'toons - ah well

Wish I had a camera today!
    Well. Dont forget to ask next time then!!!! ( P.S. wasnt that a great gong show? I neatly slid by all the carnage)
    I shouldnt be hard to recognize. I think the toons will be getting lots of work yet!

This morning I asked a guy with Praxis sitting next to me on the White pass chair if he had change for a nickel. He said no as seriously as if he thought I had asked for change for a fin. Funny but strange!
    Last edited by Huckin eh?; 02-01-2008 at 07:20 PM.
    what happened to Shadam this year? Usually by now he is posting drinking reports daily.

They're only reporting 8 cm this morning. Hopefully they open it all up. My widows are rattling as I type this with all the avi bombs going off. When they open Snake Ridge it's gonna be insane, no ones been on it for a week.

Anyway I'm heading up soon. Black helmet with a G3 sticker on it, dark green Arcteryx jacket, will be skiing on black Gotamas with fixed heels (ya I know I've been treading on the darkside a lot this year) and orange Nordica boots. If anyone who reads this spots me, give me a yell and lets rip it up.
    Have a good one everybody!!!

WEAR YOUR BEACONS
    Last edited by Ferniefreeheels; 02-02-2008 at 08:48 AM. Reason: add line

Chances of me meeting you are slim. If I go to that side its to get 1 lap in before heading out for a hike.
    I'm not gonna stand in those lift lines today!

looks like you are up before me so good luck with the timing of the opening and rip it.

As sick as Snake will be today, I'm taking a well earned day off - this week has been so insane I can't be bothered to park at the back of lot 4 and fight my way though the weekend warriors, and pretty much every part of my body aches - it's a hard life living here right now

I might go up this afternoon and try and work out how snowplow works again... got my CSIA1 starting monday and need to remember how to ski slowly and stuff again