Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: LinkedIn

Quote Originally Posted by Sinecure View Post
    OK, we now have a Group called "TGR Forum Maggots"

Here's an invitation that should get you in. If you have problems, PM me with your email address and real name and I'll invite you individually.

http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/151690/032CED25F17F
    And thus, the deathknell of LinkedIn begins.
    Henceforth it shall be known as LinkedFaceBook

A few maggots are in my linkedin group, which is fine, but I can't see putting this cakefarting hellhole on my business profile.
    . . .

I'm there as well. Samir Nagaenajar, Initrode Corp (formerly Initech).

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    And thus, the deathknell of LinkedIn begins.
    Henceforth it shall be known as LinkedFaceBook

A few maggots are in my linkedin group, which is fine, but I can't see putting this cakefarting hellhole on my business profile.
    I was kind of thinking the same thing, although... as career limiting moves go, it would not be so different from me just being me in the first place.

No one in this country can ever pronounce my name right. It's not that hard: Samir Na-gheen-an-a-jar. Nagheenanajar.
    Last edited by telepariah; 07-29-2008 at 10:26 AM.

I boiled my thermometer, and sure enough, this spot, which purported to be two thousand feet higher than the locality of the hotel, turned out to be nine thousand feet LOWER. Thus the fact was clearly demonstrated that, ABOVE A CERTAIN POINT, THE HIGHER A POINT SEEMS TO BE, THE LOWER IT ACTUALLY IS. Our ascent itself was a great achievement, but this contribution to science was an inconceivably greater matter.

--MT--

Naga... Nahgje... Well, Nagana work here any more, that's for sure.

I accepted the group invite...thanks, man!

The group is growing. The tough part is that I don't know peoples real names so I'm sort of stuck just approving everyone who applies for membership. Please alert me if you discover someone is abusing the group on LinkedIn. Right now its easy to figure out who I am - I'm the only manager of the group.
    I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

I've accepted everyone who has applied. For those of you not already connected to me, please add me as a connection, or PM or email me your contact info so I can add you. Its hard to connect screen names with real life names, but I've been able to do it with some. We're currently at 21 maggots in the LinkedIn group.

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

Make that 22. I just joined the group.

We're up to about 32 members of the TGR group on LinkedIn. I'm on vacation so there's a bit of a delay in me approving new requests to join, but I'll get to new ones in a day or two.

Now if I could just figure out a way for us to recognize our screen names from our real life names. I asked LinkedIn and they have no way to handle it (other than to add it to your profile which may or may not be a good idea - depending on how you behave here vs. how you want professional contacts to believe you behave).

-snowsprite

the guy in AK = me

thanks for gettin this setup sinecure

Actually we're at 33 (or more?) since I just joined... Should be pretty easy to spot, unlikely that many peeps from Finlandia have joined. And besides, my nick here is derived from my 1st name and last plus and extra S.
    Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier
    You should post naked pictures of this godless heathen.

We're up to 38 as of this morning.

-snowsprite

Hey the suns out go play golf, before it rains again.
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Dobish View Post
    i apparently did something, and now it requires an email address for everyone that I try and add.
    I have the same issue today. Won't let me add people that sent invites, takes me to the log in screen, type in password and takes me back to the same damn screen and won't let me add.

Anyone know why this is?

Hey - I'll play

I joined. Guess I have to await the approval
    Artist formerly known as yogachik.
    become a fan

LB is approved/anointed.

That brings us to 47 members.

-snowsprite

What the hell, you people can't be any worse than some of the kooks I'm "LinkedIn" with, can you?

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    I have the same issue today. Won't let me add people that sent invites, takes me to the log in screen, type in password and takes me back to the same damn screen and won't let me add.

Anyone know why this is?
    If you add a whole bunch of people at once, and some of them indicate they "don't know you" on the screen, it will lock out your ability to directly invite folks w/out their email addy. You can have the restriction removed if you indicate you understand the rules and contact customer service asking to have the restriction removed.

-snowsprite

I never, ever, use LinkedIn, but tooled around there today (I've been on there for like 6 years!), and realize I don't know any of your guys real names. If you invite me, be sure to mention TGR so that you don't get locked out!

Had an interesting look around some ex-boyfriend's profiles, was more interesting than Facebook.
    Artist formerly known as yogachik.
    become a fan

Quote Originally Posted by Sinecure View Post
    If you add a whole bunch of people at once, and some of them indicate they "don't know you" on the screen, it will lock out your ability to directly invite folks w/out their email addy. You can have the restriction removed if you indicate you understand the rules and contact customer service asking to have the restriction removed.
    Thank Sin, sent email to them.

You can also select your groups not to be shown in your profile.... FWIW.
    Since then it's been a book you read in reverse, so you understand less as the pages turn.

The things you find on the net.

I've just joined the group. Senior Lecturer, London UK.
    Monty Python's version of the cougar phenomenon:
    "This is a frightened city. Over these houses, over these streets hangs a pall of fear. Fear of a new kind of violence which is terrorizing the city. Yes, gangs of old ladies attacking defenseless, fit young men".

I'm going to try to get a invite out to everyone in the next 2 days... So if you get a duplicate sorry about that.

I'll be asking for change.
    Since then it's been a book you read in reverse, so you understand less as the pages turn.

The things you find on the net.

Count me in........