Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7
    Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    More people have been hurt-died falling off the chair. Do you in bounds beacon wearers put the safety bar down too? Especially carrying a pack full of gear.
    I carried full pack @ the wood yesterday after the 2 previous days having inbounds slides. I set off quite a few small (4"-6") slides while riding in Thunder Saddle. And I only have to remember one slide to make me want to ride fully loaded. That was 2 years ago at the begining of March that broke inside the Cirque & pushed Debris into 30' snowmounds into the meadow. Now granted it was a patroller started slide with the gun, but to see how massive this was, Amazing. I worked there for 9 years & can remember at least 5 inbounds, post-controlled, skier/snowboarded caused slides. Besides why spend the money on the equipment and then let it collect dust.

The new quad chair doesn't have a bar?
    Nope.

Oh, and this is Alta, Ut.
    This is the worst pain EVER!

More people have been hurt-died falling off the chair. Do you in bounds beacon wearers put the safety bar down too? Especially carrying a pack full of gear.
    My pack rides on my lap. Sometimes I put the bar down.

When I feel like living life on the edge, I leave it up.

I do like the idea of shoving a douchnozzle out of the chair on occasion.

You should visit Montana and ride a chair with me.

I promise you, the bar will remain up.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by alpinedad View Post
    ...My quibble was just with lph's dialectic, which presumed that either KW and/or its patrollers should be specifically invited, or this wasn't a dialogue.
    I think he means diatribe...

Quote Originally Posted by Imz View Post
    I think he means diatribe...
    I think he means dialectic.

di·a·lec·tic [dahy-uh-lek-tik]
    –noun
    The art or practice of logical discussion as employed in investigating the truth of a theory or opinion.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Considering they were flaming each other for pages, not sure what part seemed logical or reasoned...

di•a•tribe:ˈdī-ə-ˌtrīb\
    -noun

1: archaic : a prolonged discourse
    2: a bitter and abusive speech or writing

suck my knob.

Ahh, yeah. Often. I have no problem with the bar down. I've seen a limp body after it fell out of a chair first hand - so you do not need to convince me. Just let me know before hand.

The point is - why are people so upset when other take precautions? Does my beep hurt your ears? Then STFU. Why would you even try to convince someone that a beeper is a bad idea? Is it the battery use? Waste of energy? If that is the case, sure hope you are hiking for your turns. Oh - and beeping.

Quote Originally Posted by Imz View Post
    Considering they were flaming each other for pages, not sure what part seemed logical or reasoned...
    That's flaming for pages? Naah, that was nothing.

He posited two logical statements from which he drew what I thought was an inaccurate or incomplete conclusion. We disagreed. I know there's no hard feelings on my side, and certainly no burning sensation from a flame war. Well, unless you count when I pee, but that's another story.
    not counting days 2016-17

That's flaming for pages? Naah, that was nothing.

He posited two logical statements from which he drew what I thought was an inaccurate or incomplete conclusion. We disagreed. I know there's no hard feelings on my side, and certainly no burning sensation from a flame war. Well, unless you count when I pee, but that's another story.
    I concur.

That was far from a flame war. I was never even upset.

Oh, and I looked up 'dialectic' and IMVHO, AD's use of it was spot on.

I am bummed no one from Kirkwood felt the need to respond to this thread however. In the end, they probably felt they had nothing to gain.

I just watched a segment on Animal Planet about Doc, a dog at Kirkwood who saved a guys life after being buried in a heavy wet slide. I guess Doc is long gone, but it was a great story. He was completely buried and not only did Doc bolt on his handler to find him, but he also dug him out sufficiently for the guy to take his first breaths.

Didn't mean to be a dick about the definition thing (I know the way I posted kind of was) - just pointing out that it's AlpineDad and his penchant for precision.

(double thread drift)

... no burning sensation from a flame war. Well, unless you count when I pee, but that's another story.
    Heh, reminded me about something you said over the summer. Would a little search function for an old thread explain that one? Is that in any way related to the nerve you never realized you had until the doc was snipping away at you, or are you just joking. Seriously, I'm actually curious about that one ...

/drift

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell