Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Seattle mags: skiing Wednesday?

I'm flying into town Tuesday night and staying w/ rehabit in Seattle. Is anyone heading out to ski on Wednesday? I will be car-less but otherwise ready to go. Just about anywhere would do as I've never skied in WA. I'll be happy to pay for gas if you could hook me up with a ride to the mountain. Thursday and Friday are also possibilities.

cheers

boooombp

Perhaps I'll just rent a car and drive to Crystal. I'm now having a mental image of myself digging out a Pinto and laughing skiers in cars with 4 pair of Pontoons each drive by.

You picked a great time to come. I'm in Bellingham and going to Baker so that won't be much help if you're without a car in Seattle. If you think you might make it up here let me know.

That is a scary image in your head!
    In drove this drunken madman and stopped on a dime! Unfortunately the dime was in Mr. Rococo's pocket!

Quote Originally Posted by fiddler View Post
    You picked a great time to come. I'm in Bellingham and going to Baker so that won't be much help if you're without a car in Seattle. If you think you might make it up here let me know.

That is a scary image in your head!
    Thanks for the offer, man. I might head up there for the weekend, who knows. I'm pretty tickled by the Cascades forecast!

Does anyone know if there is someplace in downtown Seattle where you can rent a car with snow tires?

edit: I think that I just answered my own question by calling. i.e. there aren't.
    Last edited by Dromond; 01-28-2008 at 05:08 PM.

I'm resisting the urge to blow of work one day this week but I fear the urge will win regardless.

Very short notice ride from the Eastside to either Alpy or Crystal is likely all I can offer. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
    Thanks for the offer, man. I might head up there for the weekend, who knows. I'm pretty tickled by the Cascades forecast!

Does anyone know if there is someplace in downtown Seattle where you can rent a car with snow tires?
    You won't find a rental here in Seattle with snow tires. SUV is your best/only bet. Alamo and National have branches at the Hilton on University and Sixth.
    Last edited by PNWbrit; 01-28-2008 at 05:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

I'm heading down to a friends in Portland to ride Hood on Wed, It's supposed to be retarded epic.

Dude, hit me with a PM tomorrow. I’m game for a half-day at Alpy Wednesday or Thursday, I need to see how some things shake out at work tomorrow.
    The trumpet scatters its awful sound Over the graves of all lands Summoning all before the throne

Death and mankind shall be stunned When Nature arises To give account before the Judge

yeah go to Alpy, they have been getting much more snow in this storm than xtal has.

Quote Originally Posted by Greydon Clark View Post
    Dude, hit me with a PM tomorrow. I’m game for a half-day at Alpy Wednesday or Thursday, I need to see how some things shake out at work tomorrow.
    Will do.

Quote Originally Posted by bfree View Post
    yeah go to Alpy, they have been getting much more snow in this storm than xtal has.
    Well, it's just as well. Right near the city and all

Here are a couple of handy links for you while your in town Dromond:

http://www.alpinedescent.com/crystal...tercompare.htm

http://www.turns-all-year.com/wealinksfr.html

If you want to tour and you don't suck - I may be headed out on Wednesday.
    Have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Jong? View Post
    Here are a couple of handy links for you while your in town Dromond:

http://www.alpinedescent.com/crystal...tercompare.htm

dude. you might totally rip, and your snowpit data is tech, but that shit is incomprehensible. in other words, not a handy link.
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

Hugh Conway Guest
    If the others don't work out I might be able to swing Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeedashbo View Post
    dude. you might totally rip, and your snowpit data is tech, but that shit is incomprehensible. in other words, not a handy link.
    that isn't his site (unless a certain xtal member has rechristened themselves)
    http://www.alpinedescent.com/crystalday/allgraphs.htm
    me likey that one (as well as the pit data, thanks!)

i'm sticking with it. not a handy link. TAY is very nice.

as for skiing wednesday. i'm gonna try. treee and a hav feeet!
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

Gonna be a night rider at Summit on Wednesday. PM me if anyone wants to meet up at North Bend.

No solid plans yet, but thanks to all who've replied.

do you have your ski's with ya?

Interstate 90 is closed indefinitely due to high avalanche danger and naturally occurring snow slides. The roadway is closed eastbound at milepost 34 near North Bend and westbound at milepost 106 near Ellensburg. Avalanche control work is presently underway. Due to the weather related nature of this closure an estimated time of opening is not known. Updated information will be provided as details become available. // Snowing hard
    as much as I want to skip out on work and ski tomorrow, I'd put it less than 50% chance that chair2 goes tomorrow if the full 3' comes down on top of the 15" so far.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Thursday....I turned around in N. Bend this am.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Airpoppoff View Post
    do you have your ski's with ya?
    I'll be flying in with them tonight. Arriving at SeaTac at 11pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    as much as I want to skip out on work and ski tomorrow, I'd put it less than 50% chance that chair2 goes tomorrow if the full 3' comes down on top of the 15" so far.
    Hrrm. What the next best bet destination wise? I take it that 90 is closed east of Alpental - but I imagine it doesn't much matter in chair 2 isn't running. I'm still at the whim of whatever other people are doing.

more rest on the knee is okay for me.

sounds like it is pretty sketchy up there. hope the next wave brings some stability, tho i'm sure that is pretty hopeful.

Damn I was gonna say I'm leaving to a friends in Portland tonight @ 8pm and you could ride down with me, Were going to hit up mt hood meadows.

Quote Originally Posted by BC-FLOW View Post
    more rest on the knee is okay for me.
    You have a new knee thing going on?

Or sympathy pains for BH and Mofro?

I-90 sounds 'orrible this morning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
    I'll be flying in with them tonight. Arriving at SeaTac at 11pm.

Hrrm. What the next best bet destination wise? I take it that 90 is closed east of Alpental - but I imagine it doesn't much matter in chair 2 isn't running. I'm still at the whim of whatever other people are doing.
    Hard to say,because the chair 2 bit is pure speculation on my part based on a few past experiences, but maybe try to hook up with someone for xtal on weds?

Try and convince rehabit to take a drive with you to Alpental. I know he's still crutch bound, but B. can swing by and I'll loan him a key to house. He's more than welcome to hang up there for the day, unless watching it snow is too painful.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    Hard to say,because the chair 2 bit is pure speculation on my part based on a few past experiences, but maybe try to hook up with someone for xtal on weds?

Try and convince rehabit to take a drive with you to Alpental. I know he's still crutch bound, but B. can swing by and I'll loan him a key to house. He's more than welcome to hang up there for the day, unless watching it snow is too painful.
    Heh, I'll what he's down for. Xtal tomorrow (Weds.) would be awesome but I haven't found anyone who's going yet.

cheers

Well it looks like nobody can go after all. If anyone changes their minds, give me a call. six oh three, 9862155