Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

100 cm over night.....

What a day is all I can say at Castle, some shots from the hill by an old local that always snaps. Wish I could have got some photos but the turns where just too good. Forcast is calling for another 20 cm tonight, and all through out the week more and more. I have been pretty gifted with my first season of skiing, I have had the chance catch some amazing days so far.

From the site

Snow- IT HAPPENED
    UPDATE: As of 12:53 pm there is a meter of snow at the top of Red. The temperature is -4 and the wind is 9 kph. What more can you ask for? The forecast is for 21 cm. overnight so you might have eye problems tomorrow, that is in seeing to go to work. The word is that there is sooo much snow in Desperado you can't even turn. See you tomorrow!!!!

Steve

I saw the weather warnings and snow reports this morning. Powderking near prince george got 82cm over night as well.

I sure wish I was able to get after some of that
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

fuck me!
    I ski therefore I am.

Looks like you hit it right!
    I'd love to go tomorrow and would, if the high was going to be a little higher then -24C!!!
    Man, It was great...

skiing castle tomorrow would be a dream - fuck thatd be sweet
    "When restraint and courtesy are added to strength, the latter becomes irresistible."
    Mohandas Gandhi

Ya today was warm, snow was heavy so you had to work a little harder. Tomorrow is going to be chilly, mid week is looking good, looks like a sick day for me me!

Steve

mmmmmmmhmmmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by wicked_sick View Post
    I saw the weather warnings and snow reports this morning. Powderking near prince george got 82cm over night as well.

I sure wish I was able to get after some of that
    Minus 34 yesterday and not getting warmer I doubt they got the diesel lifts running (if that makes you feel better).

http://www.skicastle.ca/snow.cfm

DO COME SKIING/BOARDING BUT we have will a delayed opening today because of frigid temps. Base temp at present is -28 and at the top of the Red Chair it is -36 with a light wind of 30 km/hr. Exposed skin will freeze in about 30 seconds at that temp. All that aside the skiing will be awesome as there is another 35 cm. upper mountain and 20 cm in the base. The expected high temps today will be around -25. The Red Chair will have a delayed opening to around 10:00 am and the Blue Chair as well will have a delayed opening. Bundle up, protect exposed skin,wear MITTS and LINERS hands will stay considerably warmer than wearing just gloves.

Runs Open: 61
    Current Temperature: -26°C Expected High: -25°C
    New Snow Overnight Mid Mountain : 35 cm
    New Snow Overnight Village : 20 cm
    Last 48 Hours Mid Mountain : 88 cm Last 48 Hours Village : 41 cm
    Last 7 Days Mid Mountain : cm Last 7 Days Village : cm
    Base Mid Mountain : 265 cm Base Village : 110 cm
    Total accumulated snowfall to date this year:
    Mid Mountain: 635 cm Village: 220 cm
    Forecast:
    The weather forecast is for temperatures to rise to about a cool -25 on the upper mountain. There will be snow continuing today and into the night. Temperatures will moderate towards the middle of the week.
    Last edited by mntlion; 01-28-2008 at 11:20 AM.

I saw the snow report early this am and messed myself a little.

With the volume of snow that fell AND the snow that would have come in from wind HOLY FRAK it's going to be going off there huge. The Chutes would be incredible.

Screw how cold it is, that snow is going to be amazing.

If only it were not a 6-7 hour drive one way on these roads.
    It ain't skiing till your a$$ is puckered

Had planned to go out today but i can't plug in my car. it wouldn't start.
    It is really cold out there....

I love being only a hour and half away. Its super chilly right now -45 with windchill, weds and thursday though are looking great! Should be fun. I can't even imagine what the chutes are going to be like.

The wind is just going to be an extra bonus when it does come on those windy days and all this stuff gets tracked out. It will just recycle and we can do it all over again, stoked!

Steve

WE need pics asap of some super cold smoke contrails!

Quote Originally Posted by FreakofSnow View Post
    WE need pics asap of some super cold smoke contrails!
    Waaaaay too cold for pics, but it was sweet.

100cm overnight? Yeah right. I have it on good authority Red didn't even open today with the cold temps and wind chill. Still great skiing...nice skin there! Bring on the frostbite
    PS Fernie did not suck today BTW. A balmy -24 with 82 cm in 36 hours. Oh and actual light winds of less than 25 km/hr (30km/hr is considered moderate)
    "if it's called tourist season, why can't we just shoot them?"

2nded for the Fernie did not suck. Cold but do-able. Nesta everthing open tomorrow? Please!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    2nded for the Fernie did not suck. Cold but do-able. Nesta everthing open tomorrow? Please!!!!!!
    Hoping it will. We did get Currie open late in the day and Lizard got a late Arrow/Sunnyside/Twr 6 Rd opening. Frozen avalaunchers did not help matters! But it also looks like quite a bit more snow in the forecast for the next couple of days...so?? Boo-hoo! Might have missed our window for heli bombing today, not our fault- Bighorn unavailable. Like the Beatles once said, "Happiness is a Warm Gun baby" Let's hope we can shoot it up- otherwise it may just be pow on top of packed pow. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by nesta View Post
    100cm overnight? Yeah right. I have it on good authority Red didn't even open today with the cold temps and wind chill. Still great skiing...nice skin there! Bring on the frostbite
    PS Fernie did not suck today BTW. A balmy -24 with 82 cm in 36 hours. Oh and actual light winds of less than 25 km/hr (30km/hr is considered moderate)

Saturday night I was talking about not last night. Castle should be great weds and coming thursday, they are still expecting more snow. Sunday was the best day of life like I said, Red was tits deep on sunday from what I experienced.

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    http://www.skicastle.ca/snow.cfm

DO COME SKIING/BOARDING BUT we have will a delayed opening today because of frigid temps. Base temp at present is -28 and at the top of the Red Chair it is -36 with a light wind of 30 km/hr. Exposed skin will freeze in about 30 seconds at that temp. All that aside the skiing will be awesome as there is another 35 cm. upper mountain and 20 cm in the base. The expected high temps today will be around -25. The Red Chair will have a delayed opening to around 10:00 am and the Blue Chair as well will have a delayed opening. Bundle up, protect exposed skin,wear MITTS and LINERS hands will stay considerably warmer than wearing just gloves.

Runs Open: 61
    Current Temperature: -26°C Expected High: -25°C
    New Snow Overnight Mid Mountain : 35 cm
    New Snow Overnight Village : 20 cm
    Last 48 Hours Mid Mountain : 88 cm Last 48 Hours Village : 41 cm
    Last 7 Days Mid Mountain : cm Last 7 Days Village : cm
    Base Mid Mountain : 265 cm Base Village : 110 cm
    Total accumulated snowfall to date this year:
    Mid Mountain: 635 cm Village: 220 cm
    Forecast:
    The weather forecast is for temperatures to rise to about a cool -25 on the upper mountain. There will be snow continuing today and into the night. Temperatures will moderate towards the middle of the week.
    pffft. Celsius pussies.

I remember one time I was skiing at minus 40 and I just knew the Celsius pussies couldn't hang.

-36 celsius = -33 fahrenheit. I grew up in that crap in Duluth. Can't say I'd want to ski in it.

But if it's a dry cold...

[QUOTE=nesta;1660079]I have it on good authority Red didn't even open today with the cold temps and wind chill.[QUOTE]

You may want to check your sources, your "good authority" isn't so good.

Hoping it will. We did get Currie open late in the day and Lizard got a late Arrow/Sunnyside/Twr 6 Rd opening. Frozen avalaunchers did not help matters! But it also looks like quite a bit more snow in the forecast for the next couple of days...so?? Boo-hoo! Might have missed our window for heli bombing today, not our fault- Bighorn unavailable. Like the Beatles once said, "Happiness is a Warm Gun baby" Let's hope we can shoot it up- otherwise it may just be pow on top of packed pow. Oh well.

Yesterday was sick! Got Decline at 3:45 and was probably the 5th person down it. Unbelievable! Hoping Tuesday brings the snow they forecast.
    Nesta, Any chance you can post and update on what opens Tuesday?
    Revenge is like the sweetest joy next to gettin pussy

Quote Originally Posted by flanker769 View Post
    Yesterday was sick! Got Decline at 3:45 and was probably the 5th person down it. Unbelievable! Hoping Tuesday brings the snow they forecast.
    Nesta, Any chance you can post and update on what opens Tuesday?
    Well it's Tues at 1315 and we just closed the Lizard Traverse, but man was it sweet from 9:15 on. Cedar Bowl still really good I would imagine, sure was amazing a couple of hours ago. Currie's open, say no more. The snow looks like it's picking up now. I would say 2 cm per hr at the moment. There was 2 cm overnight, and 5 cm between 6:20 am and 12:15 PM. Forecast was for 8-15 today and 8-18 tonight. I would guess around 33 would be fairly accurate-at least I'm hoping it is, if not way more! Griz is goin' off!

Griz is goin' off!
    Damn Work!!!!

Flanker let me know if your heading up tomorrow.

Maybe the bossman is in a good mood and I can get the day off.
    Smoke'em If You Got'em

So much for rocking my gaper gap steeze, time to get a better fitting helmet/goggle combo eh?