Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Originally posted by non grata
    in my search for kitten pics to post in this thread, i came across this:

http://www.bonsaikitten.com/bkintro.html

errr hhhhmmmmm.

Kitty body manipulation====>So freakin deranged- always.

[peta style rant]I hope they track this guy down and put him in a little box. Sick bastard.[/peta style rant]

Oh, and I hate all the haters.

Wait, that makes me one of them.

Ahhhh fuck it, as you were.

Ok, my turn.

First off, sc, SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP!!!

I know you are really young and really bright, but you have absolutely got to subdue yourself. On this forum and in the backcountry. Open your ears and shut your mouth and you can learn a lot about skiing and about life. It is totally inappropriate for you to try to shame or coerce me or anyone else on this forum regarding Brett.

Now about Brett. I cannot condone the language and the attacks - I can't even read them, to tell you the truth. But I also know this whole internet community thing is in its infancy and we're all still trying to figure out how we want to overlap our internet lives with our real ones. I'm guessing that Brett's thinking was much like the kids on freeze - they got a playtoy and they were going to have fun with it. Like pulling the wings off flies.

But this is not freeze and I am so pleased that this is a real community of real people. Not just the internet. And it's got a culture that is like no other. I love it. Sometimes I get annoyed or bored or whatever, but I love this community. And I respect what ONS did.

That said, I like Brett very much and hope I can call him a friend. I have seen him puke and I have seen him huck and I have seen him take very good care of his friends in the backcountry. He is fun and inspiring as a skier and I feel lucky to know him. I hope he will be able to use this time away to grow as a person and reconsider his internet life. I think he was already on the path to doing that when he got booted.

When he's ready to turn over a new leaf and participate in this community as a real person, and I'm not just talking about "look at me" stoke, I hope that everyone will be big enough to give him another chance. In the meantime, I will ski with him as much as I can.

That is all.

Mir
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

I love it when Mir gets all schoolmarmly.

Unhappy

i wish someone would get marmly with me... SIGH. sounds sticky.

Thumbs up

"Schoolmarmly" or "Schoolmarmy"?

Either way ~ Hot for teacher!

http://www.mjdundeez.com/kacey/images/64220.jpg
    We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need? ~ Lee Iacocca

Wink

Just don't forget the claws...

http://www.garlynzoo.com/images/Cougar_Rock_2.jpg
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Originally posted by non grata
    i wish someone would get marmly with me... SIGH. sounds sticky.
    [cough]www.myfirstsexteacher.com[/cough]

Say Mulletizer sent you.

BTW Nice sig SheRa! I am very flattered

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Mulletizer

Say Mulletizer sent you.

OMG, is that yours? Love it! I've been reading some in aspect journal lately. Great stuff.
    Henry David Thoreau

Man I leave for 3 days and the board gets crazy. Now I have to backtrack and figure out what is going on.
    "Steve McQueen's got nothing on me" - Clutch

Originally posted by SheRa
    Ok, my turn.

First off, sc, SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP!!!

I know you are really young and really bright, but you have absolutely got to subdue yourself. On this forum and in the backcountry. Open your ears and shut your mouth and you can learn a lot about skiing and about life. It is totally inappropriate for you to try to shame or coerce me or anyone else on this forum regarding Brett.
    Yes I am young, but since your being older doesn't actually give you more status (we are all equals, right?), I'll go ahead and answer you in same spirit.

First off, Shera, SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP!!!

If you have some sort of problem with how I act in the backcountry, the first time I hear about it shouldn't be in some sort of attack post on a thread that has nothing to do with the backcountry. That's horseshit and doesn't match the standards you just espoused and you'd know it if you'd thought before posting.

Secondly, I have in no way tried to coerce or shame you regarding Brett. So that accusation is bullshit. I have given you and everyone my opinion on the matter and what I think would be appropriate courses of action. The only people I have attempted to shame are those whose actions I strongly disagree with or those who attacked me. I guess now that you attempted to shame me, I shamed you right back. I have attempted to coerce NOONE. You must have some deranged idea of what coercion is because I can't figure out where the where the hell you got that false accusation. Feel free to disagree with my position, fine, you are entitled to your own opinion on Blurred but screw your FALSE accusations.

Think before you make an attack post (not that I'm innocent of that by any stretch). If that was meant to be a friendly advice post, it was made a hostile and accusatory manner especially in your opening and that set the tone.

I hope this hasn't affected any sort of friendship we might have, but don't expect to call me to the carpet without a response.

I'm going skiing now.

That is all.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

This kid is blowing my fucking mind.

Talking

SummitCo: I know the board is different to real life'n'all and that you're young and gobby but I was just wondering...

Do people frequently punch you square in the kisser for no apparent reason?

Wow, maybe it's just me, but you seem to be a very wound-up person. Take a deep breath.

Originally posted by Mulletizer

Say Mulletizer sent you.

oh yep, I understand you plainly on that one Alastair.
    Very nice bit of writing.

Unhappy

Originally posted by trainnvain
    Wow, maybe it's just me, but you seem to be a very wound-up person. Take a deep breath.
    Just what I was thinking, Train..

SC ~ To my knowledge, I've never aimed a negative comment in your direction. At the expense of THIS coming across to you as negative:

Are you not doing exactly what you've been telling Dex not to do?
    Are you not doing exactly what Brett did?

In light of all the drama over the last few days, can't you just let the bs go?

Didn't sound to me like SheRa was "attacking" you, it sounded more like she was asking you to stop "reacting" and just listen for a sec. But you didn't. You fired right back.

Heed your own advice, bro..

Relax, let it go. You have an opportunity here to do what SEVERAL people *had* the opportunity to do & didn't: Be bigger than this & walk away from it...

For the record, I didn't necessarily agree with what happened w/ Brett - But obviously there were a lot of things going on behind the scenes that NONE of us knew about - it was between Brett & ONS.

Having said that, your comments to ONS were harsh. If I were him, I probably would have sent you packing myself. But he didn't. He let you voice your opinion & he's continued to. Despite how nasty you got with him on a personal level...

Done. Just my .02 ~ Not an attack, just stating how I see it.
    We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need? ~ Lee Iacocca

Who wants Pizza?
    why make ten turns when you only need to make NONE!

Sorry, I lost my appetite when Fluffer started shreiking again.

It’s so quiet, it’s so cool, it’s so cold

Originally posted by Billow
    Perhaps
    Stalkers

Stalkers are exceptionally hostile breathers who follow a victim from room to room. Their need to intrude upon, dominate, and control the other user is obvious - and probably reflects their own underlying anxieties about being helpless and victimized ("doing to others what one fears will be done to oneself," also known as "turning the passive into the active"). Some victims of a stalker have described the experience as quite creepy and frightening. The mute command will take a lot of steam out of the stalker's abuse, though they may also resort to antagonizing their victim by using their avatar to poke at and sit on the victim's avatar (blocking). The "hide" command will enable the victim to delete his/her name from the list of users at the site and the room they are in, which will make it more difficult for the stalker to track the person. But it still means the victim has to run to initially escape the stalker, which is not a pleasant option. It may be necessary to page a wizard for help. At first, the wizard will probably intervene in a manner similar to dealing with the ordinary breather, which may include the necessity of verifying that an abuse is really taking place. Persist stalking deserves a long kill, or even a ban.

Fascinating stuff.

Originally posted by Pinner
    Sorry, I lost my appetite when Fluffer started shreiking again.
    No shit. The more he types, the less I like the guy. Having never met someone, the only thing with which you have to form an opinion of someone is their online persona. Thus, I'm forced to assume that scummit1492 is a loud, whiny, annoying, know-it-all crybaby. This is not an attack, I'm merely trying to give him feedback that this is how I honestly perceive him. I know it's cool to not care about what other people think, but since he's trying to be part of this 'community', he must know that that type of behavior isn't tolerated. Not just from him, from anyone.

I hope he falls into line on here, most people do, some just take a little longer than others.

Originally posted by homerjay
    Having never met someone, the only thing with which you have to form an opinion of someone is their online persona.
    I'm going to have to stop wearing my water wings when I type.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Originally posted by Buster Highmen
    I'm going to have to stop wearing my water wings when I type.
    I knew it, that's exactly how I pictured you.

In real life, I wear mens clothing.