Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Originally posted by JH Hank
    I predicted you'd say that.

Hey Dexter - look, its your ass!
    Shouldn't you write 'maalox' across it, or something? [it took me a minute to figure out what you were talking about, and then figure what the picture was]
    [quote][//quote]

Man, your ass looks like a close up of Telepath's toe.

I don't wanna say alot... so I'll let other people say alot... not that it'll matter... more people will shit on me or daring to disagree.

Originally posted by Skidawg
    Maybe it's because you don't have a history with Blurred but you all take him way to seriously, and that's where this big issue got rolling. Some of you chose the "ignore" route, which is fine, but thinking you're a saint because you ignore him is pretty pathetic in my book. Just ignore and move along, we don't need a production about it. Some of you take the mildly derogatory comments seriously and sling back. Blurred will rarely let things just go, and with a few dozen people slinging back at one time can really get the board rolling in the trash heap.

Blurred is the #1 contributer of slop on the board, no doubt. However, there's prolly twenty of you that are just as bad, but just don't have the quantity of slop on the board. Having said that, he's definately top 5 in stoke posting of which not a one of you match.

Do I think he's the victim in this? Absolutely not. But to wish him ousted and think you had nothing to do with it is idiotic. There's plenty of other trolls around that do the same as Blurred and post NO ski stokage. Obviously you take this place and him way too seriously.

I realize ONS had a very difficult decision to make and I'll respect it. I just think there's plenty of other people around that are Blurred act-a-likes and get to remain here. A lot of them have stood up and cheered at the banishment. Hopefully you'll pick up the slack left from Blurred's (and S1776's for that matter) ski stoke, but somehow I doubt it.
    I wonder why that is... can ANYONE tell me? ANYONE???

Starting with Ted Stryker.. and we now have PROOF that Ted Stryker is NOT Blurred because otherwise ONS would have that alias banned too.

Is it ok to supply 100 purely negative posts but not ok to supply 200 purely negative posts and 50 postive posts? (number to example.)

Originally posted by Dexter Rutecki
    Stopped reading when...
    All together now: 'crock of shit'.
    I stopped reading because I didn't agree? All together now...

You're not helping me the way I expect, roo. I might have to order a performance review for you.
    Originally posted by Jetter
    you know what I don't get? on powmag, the old guard flamed many a newcomer away, because it was their playground. I remember some of it myself, I lurked for quite a while. then WTF is the big deal with KQ's quitting the board? Some feedback scared her off, and while there were aliai created that pales by comparison to some of the shit pulled on powmag. So why the big stink?
    Yep... and people don't know how to let shit from years past go.

If the big stink... why not axe other people who do nothing but negative things and contribute nothing positive? Hypocrisy.

Just like the "code of conduct" when creating an accont... well thats been broken a hundred times today already. Arbitrary... highschoolish... if you are popular you can get away with it.

Originally posted by Beaver
    Dex, put a fucking sock in it. You have a chance to shut the fuck up and sit the fuck down and you are missing it. A lot of what Brett says is true and some of it I couldn't say one way or the other. You're really making yourself look little.
    Originally posted by EPSkis
    Yep,yep. It happened there, it happened here. "They" did it to me when I started posting over there...But it was done in a way that was (almost) funny.

It's been said & I agree ~ Lately it's gotten downright nasty & personal. It needs to stop. I no longer matters who started it, let's just damn well FINISH it.

Over the last few weeks, it's like I'm tuning into a soap opera...Wondering how one of a dozen different threads has gone to shit overnight.........Why?

Can we just make a concerted effort to tone down the shit-slinging? Quit hatin', mothafuckahs!
    I dunno... at this point you should be asking Dex and his defenders of the light who shit over anyone who dares to disagree.

Originally posted by Canuk
    I have tried to keep my nose out of the bitching and moaning that goes on here, because it honestly doesn't interest me but your comment to Beaver is bullshit, Dex. For the past two day's you have been on the war path - maybe it's warranted, maybe not - you have been all over Brett and anyone who has jumped to his defense.
    And that is why so few have... I have talked to a dozen maggots who have said they think the whole debacle went down wrong but they are afraid to voice their opinion because Dex and the bandwagon will shit all over them like they have me.

Do you know how to shut the fuck up?
    Prove it.
    Resting my case.

Originally posted by JR
    Hey Dex,

I've always thought you seemed like a decent shit. Your contributions are generally pretty humourous. However, the recent BS has me wondering. I for one could not agree more with your views on blurred but keeping it going is only playing into his hands and reflecting poorly on yourself.
    Dex couldn't let it go any more than Blurred... but don't forget... Dex is one of the cool kiddos.

As for me, I don't know why some people feel they have the responsibility to tell others when they 'should' be done posting about something.
    Because that is a responsibility reserved for you, right?

Originally posted by Schmear
    Dex, no one is telling you what you 'should' do. In fact, you're getting some rather good advice.
    Originally posted by Buster Highmen
    I'm very concerned that Dex is wiping up and not down. Soon, a new rapport with broken glass, torn doll parts and vitriol cocktails will season my personal postings to Dex.
    Lookout, you'll get yourself banned or something.

Originally posted by Pinner

Y'all gotta get over yourselves. This same scenario repeats itself EVERY spring. Bunch a little bitches get all bitchy until the Las Lenas pictures start coming in, and then we get four hundred replies of "Man, I really want to ski in South America next year."

This place has become so fukking predictable, it's retarded.

However "the world according to Brett," reads, I only take exception to one element of it. Y'all give me far too much credit if you think I and the "old guard" done runnn offft anyone who didn't really have a place here anyway. The culture dictated that you proved your mettle or you found another home at newschoolers or epic or biglines or soapoperadigest or wherever.

And Dex, seriously, give it a rest. We know you're smart, we know you like a fight, but c'mon now. This has been going for years and you have nothing to gain by it.
    Originally posted by iceman

All the handwringing about "how this place has gone to hell" bothers me more than any squabbles.
    They didn't listen to you before. You were right on the money then. You know they won't listen now either.

Originally posted by The AD
    If every topic on this board was either random ski photo "stoke" or trip reports I think I'd get bored pretty fast.
    Well you are headed that way now... unless you are a big fan of pizza threads and politics.

Guys, I had no intention of posting anything further about Brett here,
    I'm not slagging on anyone here--
    Sure you aren't... you never slag anyone... just like your aren't afraid that someone might tell another side to the story.

Originally posted by snowsprite
    I'm really sorry...I was promising myself not to bump this thread, but I strongly agree w/ you on the above comment iceman.

I enjoy getting to know the people on this board through how they relate their adventures on the snow and off. I also like hearing about people skiing together but it doesn't even have to be some hair-raising epic ski trip or sick stunt: I like reading all of them. Also a lot of the stuff that's not exactly ski-related but is enlightening, funny, and interesting certainly works as "stoke" for me.

Sprite
    A wakeup call to certain folk (not really iceman)that their opinions are not the ONLY line of thought on this board. Glad someone had the balls to speak up.

And a few others had some courage too... but it still looks like the select few get to say who may sit at which lunch table.

edited for formatting
    Last edited by Summit; 05-05-2004 at 01:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Somebody.......MAKE IT STOP!!! PLEASE NO MORE....

EDIT: Hey Dex - check out your ass. So hot right now.
    "If you keep your expectations tiny,
    in the end you won't be so whiny."

Originally posted by SummitCo 1776
    but it still looks like the select few get to say who may sit at which lunch table.
    You may sit with Blurred. Blurred may sit with me. But you may not sit with me.

You may sit with Blurred. Blurred may sit with me. But you may not sit with me.
    But then how can I... but... owww.. OWWWWWWWWWWW... *POP*

shit... now my head has exploded all over the cafeteria table...

Without regurgitating all that bollocks again, SummitCo - what is your beef? That Dex gets treated differently to Blurred? You get a cookie if you can work out why Dex gets treated differently to Blurred.

I didn’t want to get in on this whole thing. But the whole “Take the hate & shove it!” Who brought most the hate to the board? BRETT. Yeah, he did bring some stoke and funny things. But, the rest of his personalities were all ass holes. Reading the shit he posts is like watching Sybil. Who is he going to be today?
    “When I die, I'll rot. When I live, I'll give it all I've got.”

Talking

Blurred ===> Pretty fly for a white guy.

LOL!~
    Wrecker of dreams.

I refer you to my previous post... read it again more carefully. Especially the first quote and comment and the last quote and comment.

Originally posted by Fueltank Jones
    Think of baby jesus. Ask yourself WWGWBD? I'll tell you what he'd do, he'd bomb Iraq. Go get 'em tiger!!
    Just to clue you in... I am not Blurred. I don't share all of Blurred's beliefs. Insert quarter and try again?
    Last edited by Summit; 05-05-2004 at 01:51 PM.

Wink

Originally posted by bad_roo
    white guy.
    Are you sure? There was that avatar he told us to look at... (I mean the one before the...you know)

Damn you roo!! You spoiled it all. I was going to say: "Hey look, meats is ontop of Sandy." But then you have to go post and ruin everything.
    I'm the meat in this sandwich. Get off me, you dirty, dirty little man.

I think you've come to the realization that 90% of board is pleased with this and they feel it was needed.
    Actually something like that number has been silent on the issue (and most of that number usually are silent on most issues anyhow). There are some very loud people out here... and some people who would speak up but are being quiet because they don't want to get shat upon for disagreeing in public.

Now you're just trying to take somebody else down.
    No... I'm not... and if you'd paid attention to what I'd said, you'd know that.

If not what is?
    To point out the illogical hypocrisy and unfairness of the situation and to make it clear that the dominant clique's opinion is not the only opinion.

And yea that last bit did sound pretty funny.

The dominant clique thinks you're squealing like a know-it-all attention whore.

Is there any topic on which you are not an expert? I mean from avalanche analysis to f-stops to coffee grinders to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict to chat room moderation, you got all the right answers to every question.

Maybe you'd like to be appointed "Governor" here also?

in my search for kitten pics to post in this thread, i came across this:

http://www.bonsaikitten.com/bkintro.html

errr hhhhmmmmm.

Summit:

Seriously, even if there is a large silent group that is unhappy with how this went down, there's just as large (if not larger) a contingent that's 100% fine with a board w/o Blurred. We can all understand that you feel your buddy got the shaft, but seriously you and Dex are coming out worse than Blurred in all of this and I don't feel like either of you are bad guys.

Blurred is banned. Get over it. If you want to leave the board, do it. If you only want to post pictures that don't feature Brett, go ahead. But just like Dex, you should let this whole topic die and that'll be my only/last comment on the subject.

People can disagree.
    Uh-uhhh, no, ne, nein. They can't.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

The dominant clique thinks you're squealing like a know-it-all attention whore.

Is there any topic on which you are not an expert? I mean from avalanche analysis to f-stops to coffee grinders to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict to chat room moderation, you got all the right answers to every question.

Maybe you'd like to be appointed "Governor" here also?
    Jack of all trades am I? Does this mean I can sit with the cool kids now?

It's a good thing you never post your vast knowledge on a wide variety of threads, Pinner.

The abandoned bus at the back of the junkyard.
    Originally posted by Buster Highmen
    Uh-uhhh, no, ne, nein. They can't.
    You just blew my mind, disagreeing that people can disagree. I think we've just found the center of the universe.

i hope we all agree that i'm going out drinking for cinco de mayo.

Can we all please SHUT THE FUCK UP about this now - it's over and done with - get on with your life or better yet get a life. I find it hard to believe that folks are still up in arms about this - GROW THE FUCK UP.

I didn't cry this much when I broke my Big Wheel when I was 7 years old.....

elevens
    why make ten turns when you only need to make NONE!

Originally posted by SummitCo 1776
    Jack of all trades am I? Does this mean I can sit with the cool kids now?
    Sure thing, "Governor."

Just keep the squealing to a dull murmor.

You just blew my mind, disagreeing that people can disagree. I think we've just found the center of the universe.
    It's from a small town in the south of France, Can Num d'Rum where the set of all sets which are not members of themselves tax the barber who shaves everyone in town except himself and the cat who is everwhere else, but not there.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

wait what the hell just happened?
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care