Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

why can't we all just get along

http://www.zwpatch.com/images/fun_sc...peace_sign.jpg

Come on now guys. Lets just all get along or start calling this board newschoolers.com

Re: why can't we all just get along

Originally posted by powwrangler
    http://www.zwpatch.com/images/fun_sc...peace_sign.jpg

Come on now guys. Lets just all get along or start calling this board newschoolers.com
    Shut it, Hippie.

Re: Re: why can't we all just get along

Originally posted by slim
    Shut it, Hippie.
    That's the spirit!

For whatever my opinion is worth, I'm going to write it and keep it short. While I don't post whore often and my count reflects it, I've been around through the entire thing.

I was on K2 the day Hugeairdog arrived from Akron and have been able to keep up with all the incarnations of his persona. Some overly cocky kid from OH talking smack about his skiing and daring others to ski as well as he did. This obviously attracted a lof of attention and he'd flame anyone for any reason. Back then his flames focused on your name and the crotch area. He had a million crotch terms. Pretty annoying, but we dealt with it.

Then the Powmag days. This was the pinnacle of the HAD flame wars. Some funny, some not. The focus war was the only one that I felt went over a line. Again, the brett, HAD, Blurred, or whatever person really didn't bother me. Sometimes funny and sometimes not. He did contribute more ski stoke than the average, so in the end I'd consider him a contributer to the community with an attitude problem. Seeemed to me he was one of a handful of people just looking to flame. As long as they were flaiming each other, I didn't much care.

I'm pretty much a rookie TGR person, but this is clearly the best creation of a ski message board to date. Maybe it's because you don't have a history with Blurred but you all take him way to seriously, and that's where this big issue got rolling. Some of you chose the "ignore" route, which is fine, but thinking you're a saint because you ignore him is pretty pathetic in my book. Just ignore and move along, we don't need a production about it. Some of you take the mildly derogatory comments seriously and sling back. Blurred will rarely let things just go, and with a few dozen people slinging back at one time can really get the board rolling in the trash heap.

Blurred is the #1 contributer of slop on the board, no doubt. However, there's prolly twenty of you that are just as bad, but just don't have the quantity of slop on the board. Having said that, he's definately top 5 in stoke posting of which not a one of you match.

Do I think he's the victim in this? Absolutely not. But to wish him ousted and think you had nothing to do with it is idiotic. There's plenty of other trolls around that do the same as Blurred and post no ski stokage. Obviously you take this place and him way too seriously.

I realize ONS had a very difficult decision to make and I'll respect it. I just think there's plenty of other people around that are Blurred act-a-likes and get to remain here. A lot of them have stood up and cheered at the banishment. Hopefully you'll pick up the slack left from Blurred's (and S1776's for that matter) ski stoke, but somehow I doubt it.

Originally posted by Pinner
    I kinda like all this melodrama.
    Heh, strangely, so do I. Good post pinner, I agree with you completely.

Anyone remember my entrance to powmag? It wasn't quiet, lemme tell ya.

All the handwringing about "how this place has gone to hell" bothers me more than any squabbles.

Ski pictures are great but after a while they sorta all blend together. I stick around for humor and wordplay more than anything else.

So somebody say something funny or witty, please

something funny or witty.
    "There is a hell of a huge difference between skiing as a sport- or even as a lifestyle- and skiing as an industry"
    Hunter S. Thompson, 1970 (RIP)

My first three or four posts on powdermag, I took it right to MPK and rubbed his face in it.
    That was my entrance as well. I remember bitching about MRG snowboard ban and got right into it with MPK
    "Do the interns get Glocks ? "

Cool

Well I'm mad as fuck at myself. I wasted a good oppertunity to get hammered. Posting really stupid shit about this subject, while thoroughly embarrassing myself.

Frankly it's over and done. Let's move on. Maybe after a period of time the party's concerned will shake hands over the entire mess and move on.

I've been a thread killer of late so let's hope it works here. It's time to put it to bed and move on.

Not yet.

i remember my intro to powdermag, which i'm guessing is now lost. it was in a questionaire-esque thread that was for sub-100 posters. ahh the memories... and now kimmy's mammaries.

Originally posted by TJ.Brk
    Well I'm mad as fuck at myself. I wasted a good oppertunity to get hammered. Posting really stupid shit about this subject, while thoroughly embarrassing myself.

Frankly it's over and done. Let's move on. Maybe after a period of time the party's concerned will shake hands over the entire mess and move on.

I've been a thread killer of late so let's hope it works here. It's time to put it to bed and move on.
    You forgot to say 'Semper Fi'. You big silly!

No, that one's still there. Moooooon river

Originally posted by acostiga
    i remember my intro to powdermag, which i'm guessing is now lost. it was in a questionaire-esque thread that was for sub-100 posters. ahh the memories... and now kimmy's mammaries.
    That thread is still there, it's long as hell, though, so I didn't see your first post. I just bumped it if you're feeling nostalgic.

Originally posted by bad_roo
    You forgot to say 'Semper Fi'. You big silly!

Doh!

Man this old age makes you forget things quick

Ahh fuck. I said to quit posting on this thread and here I am doing.

Guys, I had no intention of posting anything further about Brett here, I just thought the way Beaver chose to give his 'advice' was pretty heavyhanded. I simply responded to what he posted to me. What JR said to me, which was substantively the same as Beaver's I think, was fine by me.
    I'm not slagging on anyone here--but there do seem to be a good number of people very afraid I might post something about someone that will lead somewhere and give somebody some wrong ideas that could somewhat degrade our sometimes amusing board.....whatever.
    I'm very content to let everything that happened yesterday slide into the depths...Daniel can nuke it for all I care.
    [quote][//quote]

Originally posted by Skidawg
    Having said that, he's definately top 5 in stoke posting of which not a one of you match.

Hopefully you'll pick up the slack left from Blurred's (and S1776's for that matter) ski stoke, but somehow I doubt it.
    So, are you valuing us, in part, on how many skiing pictures we post?

You know, some of us are happy just skiing.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

I was on K2 the day Hugeairdog arrived from Akron and have been able to keep up with all the incarnations of his persona. Some overly cocky kid from OH talking smack about his skiing and daring others to ski as well as he did.
    Not to drag this thing on, but are you thinking of bumpskierx??
    [quote][//quote]

he's definately top 5 in stoke posting of which not a one of you match.
    Given that he's top 5 but none of us can match him, I definately want to know who the other four of us aren't.

Originally posted by iceman

So somebody say something funny or witty, please

?????

[IMG]http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=Count+on+Sesame+Street/v=2/l=IVS/*-http://www.icedotblue.com/singlebloke/images/articles/20020721024523469_1.jpg[/IMG]
    Skiing, where my mind is even if my body isn't.

Originally posted by Dalit
    Note to self: never get in an argument with roo.
    He'll cut you, man.

Ski pictures are great but after a while they sorta all blend together. I stick around for humor and wordplay more than anything else.
    I'm really sorry...I was promising myself not to bump this thread, but I strongly agree w/ you on the above comment iceman.

I enjoy getting to know the people on this board through how they relate their adventures on the snow and off. I also like hearing about people skiing together but it doesn't even have to be some hair-raising epic ski trip or sick stunt: I like reading all of them. Also a lot of the stuff that's not exactly ski-related but is enlightening, funny, and interesting certainly works as "stoke" for me.

Sprite
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ

I think Iceman's right about this. If every topic on this board was either random ski photo "stoke" or trip reports I think I'd get bored pretty fast. I'm not saying this stuff isn't great to have, but it certainly isn't the only thing of value here. I keep seeing all these comments about how much stoke someone posts as if this is some yardstick to the value of that member.

The abandoned bus at the back of the junkyard.
    Originally posted by The AD
    yardstick to the value of that member.
    ...hu uh...you said "member' .... and "yardstick"

This place has become so fukking predictable, it's retarded.

I predicted you'd say that.

Hey Dexter - look, its your ass!
    "If you keep your expectations tiny,
    in the end you won't be so whiny."

Originally posted by Fueltank Jones
    ^^^^^^
    Hey, I know that guy!
    [quote][//quote]