Neck Sprain/Strain?

Anyone have any experience with a neck strain? While I wish it was from something cooler, I must have slept in some messed up position last night because when I woke up my neck was in severe pain. No constant pain anymore but still motion limited towards the left side and I feel like my head is tilting to the right all day.

Any advice on remedies besides painkillers (had about 4 ibuprofen for breakfast) and rest? Any idea on time to heal? I'm only asking because A) I'm supposed to ski this weekend and B) It's my neck and I don't want to seriously screw anything up.

Thanks

I threw my neck like that the other day. Luckily, it wasnt from sleeping I would say if it isnt going away, and motion is limited, go to a chiropractor. Make sure he adjusts your hip though, in all seriousness, because that is where a lot of the strain related to neck injury is. I was having a really hard time looking down and to the sides, and after a day the chiro fixed me.

Quote Originally Posted by single View Post
    I threw my neck like that the other day. Luckily, it wasnt from sleeping I would say if it isnt going away, and motion is limited, go to a chiropractor. Make sure he adjusts your hip though, in all seriousness, because that is where a lot of the strain related to neck injury is. I was having a really hard time looking down and to the sides, and after a day the chiro fixed me.
    Thanks, on my walk in to work this morning I noticed my hip felt awkward, but I don't know if its actually because its off or because I read that this morning and i was looking for it.
    Feeling better today, still a little pain deep in the muscle but I'm back to about 80% rotation on the left side - couple of beverages tonight should do it. Any recommendations for a beer that goes well with ibuprofen?