Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Shit that sucks so fucking bad! I was just watching clips of him on youtube about an hour ago thinking how cool it would be if he was one of the instructors at Gordy's camps...go downstairs to eat dinner and saw the story on the news...man that sucks! Def one of my favorite skiers out there. RIP Billy Poole.
    oh so i guess i'm the asshole!

Fuck!

Why is this season so fucked?!

Never met Billy, but remember seeing him throw a fucking gigantic lincoln at Alta 3/05.

RIP

Only met him once (late November) but he seemed so happy on life and anxious for the season to really get going. RIP Billy.

"In the woods, we return to reason and faith. There I feel that nothing can befall me in life, — no disgrace, no calamity, (leaving me my eyes,) which nature cannot repair." -Emerson

I just heard this news, and it sent chills down my spine.

Rest in peace, Billy.
    ...so I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

This is so hard to believe...

Billy Poole was always throwing down so hard. The year I lived up in Alta he was everywhere and everyone was talking about what an up and comer he was. He certainly had the potential. He was out there everyday pushing it more than anyone I've ever seen.

He used to poach our hotel's pool. He had this awesome red beard. And everyone in the Alta community loved him.

RIP Billy and know that you've inspired a lot of people before it was your time to go.
    I'm having the best time being off my pickle and feeling the music. -HT

That straight up sucks. Just read that Powder profile yesterday. Rip in peace...
    or don't

still in so much shock. just don't know what to say or think. there are sad skiers across the globe now, the entire entire thing. hell, i bet there are some penguins down on Antarctica that he's inspired to work hard, love the mountains, and always have fun in life. just shocked and speechless right now, I'm sure Billy is already skiing some epic lines up there in the great pow pow in the sky while he is very greatly missed down here

I cant say that I knew Billy the best but I got to spend over a week with him last season.
    He was stoked on being able to live this life he called a dream, and stoked on others chasing after there own version of it. Like many other people in this sport there was more to him than just the skier. I had of course hoped to host him again here and watch him ski some of the lines that he could really see and ski. RIP Billy Hiro, Hannah and Nick.

Shit that is fucked up. I met him just yesterday at Alta Java, and today got to the top of Patsy Marly right after the accident. Seemed like a great guy vibes to friends and family++++++
    People who live in Grass houses shouldn't get stoned ~Michner

Quote Originally Posted by (from Powstash's video)
    As cliche as it sounds, skiing up here was my life's dream, and I'm pretty content with whatever happens in my ski career after this.
    Speechless.

Met him once, on top of Patsy. Only talked for a brief minute, long enough to share a smoke, but he was a super nice, calm guy. I saw him ski some really impressive lines various times last season, including the biggest backflip I've ever witnessed off A-Frame.

Bless his family most importantly. I hope all his close friends are getting through this ok, much power and love to you guys. And finally, this will leave a deep hole in the entire Alta community.

The loss of a great guy and an inspiring skier is never easy. We just didn't need it this year...
    Last edited by powder_prophet; 01-23-2008 at 12:02 AM.
    Skiing, whether you're in Wisconsin or the Alps, is a dumbass hick country sport that takes place in the middle of winter on a mountain at the end of a dirt road.
    -Glen Plake

RIP Billy, thoughts and prayers to his family and friends...
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

And if anyone knows where we can send something along to the family like flowers please pass on the addy here or in a pm. Kanuka Kanuka

I can't even understand how this shit happens, and yet it does. Just saw him this morning from afar. He is one of the pro skiers around here that never made me feel like I was staring up at him all wide-eyed and amazed...Billy came through for me several times with huge hugs and cold beers. One of the kindest and most badass people I've ever met. +++++ vibes for our huge skiing family!

I am deeply saddened and affected by his death; each breath shall be a little deeper this season...
    Special vibes out to his girlfriend....stay positive sista

I was really hoping this wasn't true. Fuck, he was one of those guys that you can see on film and read about and just really like and know he's a good guy. My thoughts are with the family, friends, and the community. RIP
    "Oh, no pics. To simulate the skiing today, walk out your door, grab a handful of snow, and throw it in your face. Repeat as necessary.
    If you don't have snow outside your door, what the fuck are you living there for?"
    -Bum Z 1/30/08

At first, Billy was more a "friend of a friend" but I got to know him a little better this season at Alta, both skiing and at the Sitz. Today is a very sad day for the local ski community. My condolences to the family and many friends of Billy.
    Avoiding the real world since 1979

Godammit. So bummed to see this.
    Billy threw down so fucking hard. So fun to ski with and watch.
    Rest in Peace Billy.
    "It's too bad that a lot of people have never experienced the feeling of rollerblading in the cool air of a summer evening"
    TheQuietStorm

RIP Billy.
    slopstyle crosscarver junior

This is terrible. RIP Billy. +++++VIBES+++++ to the family.
    Fightin' to save the motherfucking day...

Both Jane and I are floored with sadness. Billy was our couch surfer for the 2003 season in Snowmass. John Brennan had passed along BP's number to me to hook us up to shoot. We met and immediately fell into a wonderful relationship built on skiing. Billy was always ready to push his limits and his limits were so far above the rest of us. Billy wanted to shoot the Ships Prow in Snowmass, he got permission to do so and we went for it. He nailed it, not without a concussion however. This was the beginning of Billy's rise to stardom. When BP moved to UT, we knew he would soon become a star based on his skiing alone. I remember hearing a story of BP skiing/shooting with Adam Clark on forbidden line in Snowbird, which got him banned. Not sure how the story went, but when BP cleared it and they were getting busted by Patrol at the Bird, they told AC that he could not publish the photos and AC said something the effect "I don't care, that was the sickest thing I have ever seen"! I will always remember Billy that way.
    Billy was also instrumental in Jane's career as a big-mtn freeskier. He showed Jane lines, gave her the confidence she needed to tackle burly lines. We will miss Billy P SO MUCH. We are devastated. THIS SUCKS!!!!!!!! Long live the RED HEAD!!! We love you Billy

RIP to one of the young Jedi Masters of the Mountains.

Vibes and Condolences to all he who knew him.
    . . .

Very sad. My thoughts go out to his friends and family. Terrible loss for the ski community.
    -
    14erskiers.com

"Don't be afraid of the spaces between your dreams and reality. If you can dream it, you can make it so." - Belva Davis

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle"--Albert Einstein

Very sad news, heard from a friend as I was leaving the Bird today.

Never met Billy but saw him around @ Alta.

Seemed like a real nice guy and definitely a fuggin RIPPER.

RIP IN PEACE BILLY!
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

This is a painful, awful shock.
    Billy was just a cool guy.
    Spent time with him this summer, riding bikes, and tipping up a bottle of JD.
    He was phenomenal athlete, and I was looking forward to getting to go out and ski with him this season. He would just pedal that kona freeride bike, cranking tehnical singletrack in his big ring, and hauling all kinds of ass on the way down.
    Sincerely bummed.
    "Last one to the bottom is a Coward"

heard about this at the OR on snow demo today. Shit news for sure. I only met him briefly in SA in 05 but he seemed like a genuinely nice guy and I know a lot of my friends held him in high regard.

Condolences to all of his friends and family.

Be careful out there.
    Putting the "core" in corporate, one turn at a time.

Metalmücil 2010 - 2013 "Go Home" album is now a free download

The Bonin Petrels