Kootenay Pass infos!

Hi everybody! I've been following this forum for months and it's so a good way to get into western mountains joys and dangers!
    I'm in Creston now for work for 1 month so Kootenay pass is so near! I've been driving threw it to get to Whitewater sunday and it looks awsome! Since Creston is kind of quiet and a bit aging (no offense!!!) i didn't realy had the chance to meet anybody into backcountry snowboarding (and I work all the time too...)
    Do you think if i go up there like a friday/sat/sunday i could hook up with some dudes? I just had my avalanche class in kicking horse 3 weeks ago and would like to venture out of the resorts for real! (though sidecountry that gets you down the road at whitewater in the trees is incredible as a funny 55year old cool local guy showed me all day last sunday!!!)
    I guess when you do those trips you want to be with people you trust and obviously a stranger hanging by the highway is hard to trust at first sight!
    Any info about if you think it's possible some people let me learn a bit the real things and share their knowledge??? Anybody going there soon?
    Cheers

bring lots of doobies??

Goods from the Pass...

Gunsight notch, a good area to lap...

Some steeps if you are into that type of thing...

Some good lines on the way to the Craggs and Show off slope behind the VSA pullout...

Some nice tracks on cornice ridge...

Sun rising on some nice peaks...

Cleaning up some avie debris...

I would personally recommend to get to know some slednecks (no shortage of them in ctown) and they will show you the real goods...

I hope you find some good turns man... What are you doing in Creston?
    Last edited by DyingToLiveToSki; 01-24-2008 at 11:45 AM.

A yr ago w/ Snoboy + me homies.
    Lightning Ridge dropping west and then up to showoff.
    Oh my poor feet, alpine boots w/ freerides.
    Last edited by Schralper; 01-22-2008 at 08:53 PM.

Hey big thanks dying! Those maps are realy nice, probably the best you can find on the net for the pass! I'll probably go there friday or saturday and try to follow some dudes there! I'm doing a 1 month rotation at the hospital there....pretty quiet town....with the highway passing threw it unfortunatly! everybody tells me thought it's way better in the summer and it looks that a lot of fellow quebecors are camping there and picking apples!
    cheers!
    nic

Right on Nic, hope you have fun out there... Don't pass that map on to too many people cause I am pretty sure that there are only 4 or 5 guys with it, and I don't want too many people poaching Dick's (the 70 year old ripper that made the map) lines. haha

Anyways, hope it starts snowing out there and you get some turns!

Hey dying could you send me again those maps i did'nt recorded them!
    Thanks again for your help! It haven't snowed for some time there but consequently avalanche risks are decreased so it should be good with that sun!
    Cheers!
    Nic

It's posted at the Ripple Ridge Cabin, not like it's a state secret or anything...

Now the K Pass guidebook, put out by Trevor ??? that's about as common as hen's teeth. If anybody has a copy, I need to see it.

Great beta! We're likely headed there this weekend.