Page 358 of 472 FirstFirst ... 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 ... LastLast
Results 8,926 to 8,950 of 11780
    Quote Originally Posted by core2 View Post
    It is bowl of dicks and bag of cocks
    Well a few months ago, I had (I thought) negotiated a good deal on a car purchase from the most fkn douche-tastic car dealer ever. When I showed up in person, turns out they were totally being dishonest about the deal we'd made on the phone (voice + texts). Wasted like my whole day and I wound up storming out of the place loudly spewing profanity.

When I got home, I texted them: "Suck a bag of dicks!!!". Immediately afterwards, I was pissed, cuz I thought I meant "Eat a bag of dicks!!!"

I was trying to reference Louis C.K. Thanks to this thread, I'm relieved to know I got it correct after all:

I never understood the whole 45 minute big sky tram line thing. Headwaters is only a little less vert, similar pitch, and there's rarely a line.

Sure, if there's minimal line at the tram, I'd rather go there. But standing around for 45 minutes for 1 run? There better be an attractive hooker giving out free handies in the dictators.

Best Gaper qoute of the weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    I never understood the whole 45 minute big sky tram line thing. Headwaters is only a little less vert, similar pitch, and there's rarely a line.

Sure, if there's minimal line at the tram, I'd rather go there. But standing around for 45 minutes for 1 run? There better be an attractive hooker giving out free handies in the dictators.
    Agreed. Last year the Tuesday after BBI I made one tram lap in epic conditions. The line grew to a 45er. I went and lapped A-Z and headwaters for fresh tracks every run until my legs gave me the finger.
    Last edited by 2FUNKY; 01-15-2019 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    heard that was a good day
    Mediocre at best.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    There better be an attractive hooker giving out free handies in the dictators.
    She’s there. Ya just gotta know where to find her. Not very good handies, but worth a 45 min wait.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    That's true, they run it an extra half hour for scenic rides. Most people don't really know that though. The real gapers are the people who overestimate their abilities and end up having a gapefest on the peak, getting hurt or needing ski patrol to help them down. I actually admire the ones who have the guts to be honest about their abilities, ride back down and file past the line of judgmental brobrahs.

Are you in Big Sky now? I'll be there Friday, let's do a lap.
    'fraid not. We were there a couple of years ago. Pretty low tide--stuff like Headwaters was fairly sketchy, A-Z chutes were closed, by far the best skiing was off the peak. I could see that with more snow the wait might not be worth doing too many times. I would love to get back there and do Big Couloir in better style but it probably won't happen. When we were there there was 6 inches the night we arrived and then nothing, but the wind kept blowing snow into Big and patrol bombed it every day, the last day the closed it for avalanche risk.

The week before we got there patrol was telling people everything off the peak was slide for life, so we felt lucky with the conditions we had. One woman did take a very bad slide on Otter Slide--some days it had snow, some days ice, depending on the wind.

Have fun there.

Quote Originally Posted by DolphinSki View Post
    I'll never be as awesome as core2 or whatever, but that being said, it is a pretty wild experience to be ski touring with a view of the Grand Canyon.

An Arizona gaper phenomenon I've noticed is that people drive up from Phoenix or wherever to the base of Snowbowl, get their picture taken, and then leave. That's it. No skiing.
    A few years ago when they started making snow up there it was piss yellow from sediment in the pond and they had signs all over telling people not to touch it. The first day I went up to ski I saw a family of mexican nationals playing in the yellow snow, rolling around in it making snow angels, taking pics, right under one of the signs. They are spirit gapers, and I honestly have come to admire their pure and innocent love for snow. I just wish they wouldn't trash the fuck out of our mountains when they come to look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by core2 View Post
    A few years ago when they started making snow up there it was piss yellow from sediment in the pond and they had signs all over telling people not to touch it. The first day I went up to ski I saw a family of mexican nationals playing in the yellow snow, rolling around in it making snow angels, taking pics, right under one of the signs. They are spirit gapers, and I honestly have come to admire their pure and innocent love for snow. I just wish they wouldn't trash the fuck out of our mountains when they come to look at it.
    The mountains were theirs before they were yours.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    3:09 pm, 21 minutes before lift closes today. Chick skis up to the scanner guy "Can you scan my pass through my jacket?" At ABasin, where they only have barcode scanners... WtF? Did you just get here? You are seriously just figuring this season pass shit out 21 minutes before lift closes?

Meanwhile I'm trying to get scanned and get on the lift for as many laps as possible so I'm a dick and just ski past them.
    A few days ago at the basin a couple guys where bitching that it was so lame they had to pull their pass out of their jacket to the lifty. Without dropping a beat the lifty says 'yeah, it IS lame, but you know what's not lame? Keystone, you should ski there'

I lol'd. Lifty called the dudes gapers and poor guys didn't even realize it

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    That's what I'm getting at. I understand that. Or riding a tram from the base to see the view. I did it a very long time ago in Chamonix before I skied. But to ski somewhere, wait nearly an hour to get a view is a head scratcher.
    I have had friends and family come to visit me in Chamonix who would ski on the greens and blues, as befits their abilities, then wait in line for the summit of the Grands Montets to enjoy the view which, as I'm sure you know, is one of the finest on the planet.

No scratching of the head at all, dude. It's simple: people like to see a pretty view, and you should shut the fuck up with your nonsense opinions.
    Short stories about snow and rock, and pictures, too

Quote Originally Posted by KyleLanTheman View Post
    A few days ago at the basin a couple guys where bitching that it was so lame they had to pull their pass out of their jacket to the lifty. Without dropping a beat the lifty says 'yeah, it IS lame, but you know what's not lame? Keystone, you should ski there'

I lol'd. Lifty called the dudes gapers and poor guys didn't even realize it
    You know what's lame? A lifty with attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by peds View Post
    I have had friends and family come to visit me in Chamonix who would ski on the greens and blues, as befits their abilities, then wait in line for the summit of the Grands Montets to enjoy the view which, as I'm sure you know, is one of the finest on the planet.

No scratching of the head at all, dude. It's simple: people like to see a pretty view, and you should shut the fuck up with your nonsense opinions.
    For fucks sake. They rode a tram in Chamonix from the bottom to go see a view up there like probably millions of non skiers and near skiers before them, during all seasons. They didn't ride three lifts, skiing in between them, and then stand in line for nearly an hour to go see a little better view than what they could have seen from another chair. Besides, just go down the backside. It's a little sketchy, but they bulldozed a catwalk for the gapers. Or just stay home. Just don't take up prescious room for your view gaping.

Quote Originally Posted by peds View Post

The view from the Aiguille du Midi is better

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    The view from the Aiguille du Midi is better
    Yeah, duh.

Ooh, ooh, look, squint real hard, look, it's the Tetons!

Yeah, duh.

He meant than Grands Montets...

Quite amusing he's telling Peds that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Yeah, duh.

We get it. You think since you're a better skier you're more entitled to a tram that everyone paid for access to.

When I was a big sky local it annoyed me but they paid to be able to ride it, case and point. You're not entitled to it any more than they are.

It's a badass view especially for a lot of tourists (which make up a huge margin of big sky's market) isn't something they get to see often. Imagine being from the south or somewhere and being told you can take it up there for the view. I sure as hell would.

Quit being a dick and let people enjoy the mountains whether or not it's how you think they should be.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

You certainly have a point. But, like most here, I'm special and above average.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

I wonder if this is the right thread to give gapers some slack. Maybe we need a Be Nice To A Gaper Today thread.

Maybe we need a Be Nice To A Gaper Today thread.
    I hope you enjoy your breakfast later today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    I hope you enjoy your breakfast later today.
    Benny needs some sort of food in his belly right now. guy sounds like he's getting hangry!

Quote Originally Posted by S_jenks View Post
    Benny needs some sort of food in his belly right now. guy sounds like he's getting hangry!
    Eating some peanut butter on toast. Maybe tech talk, but, refrigerate PB or not? A quandry, for sure.

Two teenage girls riding the lift with me, one points to a random cloud and says "that must be from the snow making machines."

Quote Originally Posted by pyromaniacman129 View Post
    We get it. You think since you're a better skier you're more entitled to a tram that everyone paid for access to.

When I was a big sky local it annoyed me but they paid to be able to ride it, case and point. You're not entitled to it any more than they are.

It's a badass view especially for a lot of tourists (which make up a huge margin of big sky's market) isn't something they get to see often. Imagine being from the south or somewhere and being told you can take it up there for the view. I sure as hell would.

Quit being a dick and let people enjoy the mountains whether or not it's how you think they should be.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Nobody says they don't have the right to ride the tram. Just that they're gapers for doing it. Gapers have the right to gape. That's what makes this a great country.
    The biggest gapers I think I've ever seen were on top of the Aiguille du Midi, not during ski season. This couple were outfitted with full one piece goretex climbing suits, packs, helmets, ropes, harnesses, crampons, ice axes. They went out through the tunnel with their friend who took their pictures with a pocket camera (ie not a pro foto shoot), as they rearranged their gear, tied in to coils, did various poses, then turned around, went back through the tunnel and down the tram.

Gaper: Expert level
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    lifty’s with attitude get butts in seats, not lame
    lame is guests that don’t properly load & unload.
    Personally I prefer liftys with attitude. The world needs more sass.