Page 93 of 471 FirstFirst ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,325 of 11762

Zipper

Quote Originally Posted by telesucks View Post
    you guys that start arguments and get in fights with "idiot snowboarders" make me ashamed to be a skier.
    grow up.
    Dude, hello, your username is a put down/call out.
    Who are you to tell others not to start fights, when that's the first thing we see about you...give me a break!

It is a well accepted fact that *most all* snowboarders do not know "the code" as they learned how by hanging out with their loser chums, not by taking lessons.
    Hence the never looking uphill when they start out, coming to a stop in the middle of a trail and hanging out, etc.
    I'd be happy if they just stopped scraping off all the snow with their heel-edge...

I've had to chase down a grey-beard old-school skier, and tell him off for nearly knocking over Cinders, on Gunbarrel at Heavenly.
    He reckoned he had the right of way, as she was "in his line", or some such crap

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Quote Originally Posted by minimal View Post
    Hate to say it, but you're wrong. Maybe. He might have only seen flouro bases which do seem like they're glowing, but you can actually buy snowboards and skis with LEDs in the base. Glowboardz
    From the website:

Proven out in the world’s nastiest SuperPipes, two-part thermoset resin and epoxy blend that consistently delivers the industry’s most insane flex - at all temperatures and under extreme cyclical loading conditions. It bonds, flexes and responds, but it does not break!
    lights + insane flex = ???

Quote Originally Posted by telesucks View Post
    I imagine you are probably something like this really cool dad:

YouTube - Angry skier dad tries to fight snowboarders
    The dad went way over the top, but those boarders are idiots jibbing a skinny cat track on a busy day. That is Glacier Road on Blackcomb, which is the easy way down to Crystal, it also passes above a big cliff band (which a novice skier who fell off the cat track went over a few seasons ago). Jibbing is fun, skier or boarder, but doing it on busy cat tracks/greens is fucking stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by TurxSki View Post
    Dude, hello, your username is a put down/call out.
    W
    It is a well accepted fact that *most all* snowboarders do not know "the code" as they learned how by hanging out with their loser chums, not by taking lessons.
    Hence the never looking uphill when they start out, coming to a stop in the middle of a trail and hanging out, etc.

I'd be happy if they just stopped scraping off all the snow with their heel-edge...
    Dude, these days, it all evens out with the numbers of raging douche bags arguing on the hill and people both skiers and snowboarders who know none of the rules.

Take your angst back to the 90s.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Aunts

Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post
    ...both skiers and snowboarders who know none of the rules...
    ...Take your angst back to the 90s.
    Sorry brah, I gotta disagree. Don't know why you're even disputing it. Your beliefs versus everyone elses actual experience.

Just take a look at the groms. Ski-kids are often in a bunch "in class", with a teacher, right OneHotChilly, Dookey?
    But young kids on boards are hanging around in the park, with older kids, dialing in their tricks.

..and I wasn't doing snow stuff in the 90's. Nor were my aunts!
    I'm a 21st Century Ski (zoid) Man...dah dahdahdah dah dah daaah.

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Quote Originally Posted by bcd View Post
    That doesn't make you a gaper. It just makes you a fuckin hero. There's a pretty big difference.
    There, I fixed it for you.

I created a new thread for this argument about asshole skier/snowboarders cutting people off and what the appropriate response is. I'd like to know what telesucks, DasBlunt, and bcd think is the right way to deal with someone (anyone) cutting off a less able skier/boarder friend of theirs: [ame="https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3089240"]Proper way to deal with reckless skier/boarders? - Teton Gravity Research Forums[/ame]

Back to the funny.

Not gaper quotes per se, but Epic Ski is dialed in tonight with the active threads being one asking for validation on how it's admirable to ski powder on skinny skis in order to perfect "technique" and another titled "What has happened to the classic lines of skiwear?" that features wistful wishes for the return of Bogners.

In the old gondola at Stowe, I ask how her day is going and the very distressed woman from Philly says:

"There's all these humps of snow and they have ice on the back. [rising whiny inflection] ... They're dangerous!"

I was getting a little boot tweaking done early this morning at a shop.
    Guy who looks like John Q. Gapenstien had a little shell fit action going on while I was waiting, Tech says yeah, at least a full shell size smaller, lower volume boot, we have some demo's. Bring in your PSIA card for a pro-form and we can set you up with a pair if you like them (Guy must have said he was an instructor)
    "what's a Pro-form, a liner?" tech was ah, no...did not mention the discount. Then he gets the demo boot and the tech gets his skis which were demos from elsewhere to adjust them, "What do you set your DIN at"

DIN? he says.... Gonna be a long winter!
    Last edited by Crampedon; 12-09-2010 at 07:49 AM.

So its the end of the day, last run after 4pm. I'm cruising down thru the gaper zone and thus going slow and this milf wearing ipod is making the worst unpredictable turns as she works her way across the slope and lines me up but is completely oblivious. I take extreme evasive action but buddy behind me gets it wrong and BANG! bodies collide. It was ugly, 2 skiers yard sale and she was a-hurtin! But the bitch was wearing a helmet and ipod, I called out to her and she clearly didn't hear me and I wathced her line up buddy perfectly.
    1 wearing ipod!
    2 wearing helmet!
    3 cutting across existing run!
    4 FEMALE !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    = way to ruin a great day
    We, the RATBAGGERS, formally axcept our duty is to trigger avalaches on all skiers ...

Helldawg Guest
    ^^^

5. NOT A GAPER QUOTE!

You FAIL fucking JONG!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadam View Post
    So its the end of the day, last run after 4pm. I'm cruising down thru the gaper zone and thus going slow and this milf wearing ipod is making the worst unpredictable turns as she works her way across the slope and lines me up but is completely oblivious. I take extreme evasive action but buddy behind me gets it wrong and BANG! bodies collide. It was ugly, 2 skiers yard sale and she was a-hurtin! But the bitch was wearing a helmet and ipod, I called out to her and she clearly didn't hear me and I wathced her line up buddy perfectly.
    1 wearing ipod!
    2 wearing helmet!
    3 cutting across existing run!
    4 FEMALE !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    = way to ruin a great day
    1. Your fault or your buddies. If she was downhill its your fault.
    2. And its your fault for not gently caressing her wounds and bringin her to the hot tub later since it was the end of the day.
    3. And its your fault for not adhering to the thread subject.
    4. Male (maybe?)
    = way to ruin a great thread moron.

A dude posted somethng about "glowboardz" and this was said:

Quote Originally Posted by point it View Post
    wow i cant believe I just saw that..... definitely just bumped that up to the top of my christmas wish list
    The best things in life aren't things.

Quote Originally Posted by MotherFucker View Post
    A dude posted somethng about "glowboardz" and this was said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Point it View Post
    wow i cant believe I just saw that..... definitely just bumped that up to the top of my christmas wish list
    Probably how he intends to let his parents know he's gay...

or...it was sarcasm? maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by OverTurn View Post
    glad to see not everyone is relying primarily on their cerebellum for day to day interactions....

Quote Originally Posted by OverTurn View Post
    On this site ?? Get the fuck outta town !
    "You damn colonials and your herds of tax write off dressage ponies". PNWBrit

"As you know, we in the Wasatch hate booting, it's undignified and ungraceful."

Quote Originally Posted by Snakeboy View Post
    1. Your fault or your buddies. If she was downhill its your fault.
    2. And its your fault for not gently caressing her wounds and bringin her to the hot tub later since it was the end of the day.
    3. And its your fault for not adhering to the thread subject.
    4. Male (maybe?)
    = way to ruin a great thread moron.
    fuck offffffffff

The holidays are here and soon there will be rich peoples' kids shredding the inbounds, wearing big mtn. twintips, mounted with Dukes, wearing full-face helmets, airbag avy packs with shovel handles sticking out, wearing iPods, and sporting helmet cams.

"What exactly is the purpose of that one lone carabiner clipped onto your pack anyway?"
    Leave No Turn Unstoned!

Heard on the chair at Stowe yesterday:

"Mid December is NOT the time to ski moguls. Stick to the groomers, work on some other things. When everything else is done, then hit the groomers."

He went on to discuss how he spent a whole day working on hockey stops.

I saw a kid beeping on the opening day at squaw. There was about 18" of fresh and they only had searchlight open (100yrds of blue grade)
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Not necessary on Searchlight I agree (for that matter skiing at all on searchlight is not necessary--reminds me too much of skiing in Southern Michigan)-- but don't rule out slides on blues--I saw one a year or two ago on Spring Bowl on the Mountain Run.

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    I saw a kid beeping on the opening day at squaw. There was about 18" of fresh and they only had searchlight open (100yrds of blue grade)
    Maybe he thought some other terrain could open that day? Wearing your beacon to the hill if you think unskied, steeper terrain could open, is a good idea imo. Ask Montanaskier about inbounds avalanches.
    Old's Cool.

Definitely not a gaper move to wear a beacon inbounds at Squaw if the past couple years are any indication. If he's wearing it on the outside of his clothes, then its a poseur move, but not a gaper move.
    I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite