Page 381 of 472 FirstFirst ... 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 ... LastLast
Results 9,501 to 9,525 of 11780
    Don't move the car next time. Pull the keys and put them on the seat and lock the car.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

You got balls, TJ. That's hilarious.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    Don't move the car next time. Pull the keys and put them on the seat and lock the car.
    That is generally what I do minus locking the door.

Nobody has tried to fight me yet. I just give them the look like "I could have just stole it you know..."

nice cops ....

up here, you might spend the night
    locked down with ICE
    "you got some ID?"

"we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up"
    mike tyson

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Ha. I figured worst case scenario, the guy would get all crazy and demand video footage from the store and call the police... at which point the cops would laugh at the guy and tell him not to leave his keys in the car! It's a small town, so part of me hopes I come across his car again running idle so I can do it a second time! lol...
    something similar was done to someone a few years back at Alta..a rustler bartender if I remember correctly??

edit>>oh GG! the ones that are really psycho are the moms who let kids stay in a running car!!!

I saw an out control car Manned my a child before..>in the ft Monmouth PX parking lot..wha a mess kid put it in drive by accident..lucky no one was killed
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    No shit; how cold is their car gonna get in ten minutes? Suck it up, buttercups.
    On a -15 degree dark morning? Really fucking cold.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    On a -15 degree dark morning? Really fucking cold.
    HA! go - 40

"we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up"
    mike tyson

I grew up in MN. Even on a -30F day, after driving to the store, there was never a reason to keep the car running. In the ten minutes it takes to go in and buy something, the car and it’s engine never plummeted to -30.

When it's really cold out (like below freezing) I don't blame people for leaving their cars running while they quickly go into the store and grab something. But last spring it was a perfect late morning - 72 degrees - and saw this car left running (a fancy new Range Rover). Hmm. A few days later, same great weather, SAME car, left running again. So I got in and moved it across the parking lot. Then waited around to watch. He was in the store long enough that I didn't feel even a little bit guilty. Guy flipped out!! Then finally spotted his car. For the life of me I don't know why I didn't take video...
    ( Wouldn't that be considered theft (?) )

Best Gaper qoute of the weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    ( Wouldn't that be considered Theft (?) )
    Not unless the DA is mentally deficient and wants to waste his time, then lose.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Ha. I figured worst case scenario, the guy would get all crazy and demand video footage from the store and call the police... at which point the cops would laugh at the guy and tell him not to leave his keys in the car! It's a small town, so part of me hopes I come across his car again running idle so I can do it a second time! lol...
    He especially deserves it because those RRs usually come equipped with remote electric start so he could have left it running and still locked up. That's how most people roll those.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

On a dark, below 0 morning, the car might not even be warmed up all the way, so it's good to keep it running, but in sunny Napa, go fuck yourself.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Best 500 dollar option I ever installed on a car is my remote starter. Can't live without it now. You tree huggers can just go freeze your tiny balls off, I'm cranking that thing up twice on a below zero morning.

the new teslas have a "dog mode" that keeps the vehicle warm or cool inside even while the car is off
    https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a2...mode-pets-car/
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    the new teslas have a "dog mode" that keeps the vehicle warm or cool inside even while the car is off
    Our friend has a Model 3 and she loves this feature. So awesome. Especially here in the midwest. Super hard to take your dog anywhere in the summer which is hard with a dog like ours that leaps into the car as soon as you open a door.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post

That sounds sweet, until you realize that some motherfucker still gonna break your window because they don’t understand that you have this fancy ass “Petsmart“ dongle on your freaking car.....

That happened here last year. Car was running, AC was on, doors were not locked. Somebody saw a dog in the car, broke the window to let the dog out....

They were all happy that they “saved” the dog.

apparently they include some big projection on the window saying it's all good

not totally dumbass-proof but sounds pretty solid
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    That sounds sweet, until you realize that some motherfucker still gonna break your window because they don’t understand that you have this fancy ass “Petsmart“ dongle on your freaking car.....

That happened here last year. Car was running, AC was on, doors were not locked. Somebody saw a dog in the car, broke the window to let the dog out....

They were all happy that they “saved” the dog.
    It displays DOG MODE in huge letter on the huge dash display. People have lost all reason though on the dog in car thing, agreed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Best Gaper qoute of the weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    People have lost all reason though on the dog in car thing, agreed.
    Happened to me today. I’m having breakfast in Sacramento (75 degrees) on my way home from Bachelor.

The manager finds me to say some lady is upset about the dogs in the motorhome. I tell him that they are good and finish eating.
    When I walk out, she is standing guard near my rig. (Of course Murphy doesn’t like people on the other side of the glass.)

She informs me that with no open windows they are suffocating. I point out the open roof vents and running fan. (“But that is hot roof air!”)
    After she tells me to expect the Police or Fire Department, I ignore her and go inside to give them lunch.
    Never looked at her again, she eventually left, I guess.

Last summer I was able to show a responding officer how comfortable they were, he thought they were great.
    I have thought about a sign in a window, though.

p.s. I know, wrong thread.

pickup I parked next to yesterday morning with a dog in the truck with the passenger window rolled all the way down. A very large dog that looked like a cross between a wolf and a mastiff. A very effective theft deterrent. Except that when I got out of my car--I was on his right--the dog didn't bark but just wanted to say hello. Still, if you have the right dog leaving the windows wide open seems fine as long as it's not 100.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    pickup I parked next to yesterday morning with a dog in the truck with the passenger window rolled all the way down. A very large dog that looked like a cross between a wolf and a mastiff. A very effective theft deterrent. Except that when I got out of my car--I was on his right--the dog didn't bark but just wanted to say hello. Still, if you have the right dog leaving the windows wide open seems fine as long as it's not 100.
    My dog isn't much of a theft deterrent, but he agrees that leaving the windows open is enough to keep him comfy on all but the hottest days. Not much in my car is worth stealing, so it's never been an issue. And I've never even had an uppity white woman give me shit about it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1439.JPG 
Views:	400 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	278464
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1440.JPG 
Views:	409 
Size:	685.2 KB 
ID:	278465
    Enough said...

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    Enough said...
    Not enough said. There must be a story behind the gear; surely you asked. Maybe it came free with his new Ferrari, in which case not gaper, although I suppose Ferraris are shit driving in the snow.

Aren’t those rebranded Dynastars from ten years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Not enough said. There must be a story behind the gear; surely you asked. Maybe it came free with his new Ferrari, in which case not gaper, although I suppose Ferraris are shit driving in the snow.
    They have an AWD model. https://www.ferrarili.com/ferrari-ff.htm of course, the only place I've seen one in the snow is Aspen. Three of them.