Page 290 of 471 FirstFirst ... 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 ... LastLast
Results 7,226 to 7,250 of 11760
    Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post

…there were no moguls yet, the snow was merely a bit tracked
    They probably put the moguls away for the summer. Or if they are one a budget they used disposable moguls.

Skiing down a cruiser run this morning, enjoying the view and spring weather, I came across a snowboarder and a lady working on getting the lady's skis back on her after, I guess, she crashed. I rolled up and saw that the heel pieces are still up so I said, helpfully, that you have to reset the heels. I got some blank looks and the snowboarder tapped the heel piece lightly with no results. So I got out of my skis and popped the heel pieces open for her. And she said - this is the gaper quote - "I never fall, so I didn't know to do that." She said that twice.

Of course I still had to help her get into the skis because she was on a slope and couldn't figure out how to push straight down into the bindings.

The quote was the real moment that I wanted to share.

Quote Originally Posted by Skistack View Post
    Not sure if this was a gaper move or a stoned out of your gourd move.

Twenty-something snowboard couple in front of me getting on a double chair. So the girl slides up to load, but the guy doesn't move. The lifty looks at the guy and says, "It's OK, you're allowed to ride up together." Guy slides forward and JUMPS onto the chair, wrapping both arms around bar on the side that attaches the chair to the rope.

He rides the whole way up half sitting on the chair, half hanging onto the bar. So we get to the top, and right before the offload ramp, the guy lets go of his death grip and jumps off the chair, hitting the ramp sloping downhill and slides backwards under the chair.

Lifty hit the kill switch with a WTF just happened? gesture. Guy yells up, "It's OK, I'm clear!".
    Impressive levels of fail
    Quote Originally Posted by b dubya View Post
    Tricks are for hookers

Speaking of gapeage where's digital death.
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    What altitude do the deer change to elk?
    Wow... Golden!

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    head stuck in his ass
    FIFY
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I think they go into a Zen state, where the meaning of life becomes clear and they become one with the universe. Or maybe they just sleep.

If anyone decides to reissue the SX series--a la Flexon's--this would be a perfect ad "So comfortable you can wear them for eternity."
    Well, speak of the devil. I'm getting coffee right around noon, look down, and see these.

They looked almost brand new, no shit. The dude says, they're 30 years old, and I say, yeah, I know. Sure didn't look it. Strange thing, he looked 40-45.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1490043333834.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	87.5 KB 
ID:	202876  
    Last edited by Benny Profane; 03-20-2017 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    Speaking of gapeage where's digital death.
    jonesy the pnw poser with no homies
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

http://www.epicski.com/t/150369/do-n...or-that-matter
    guy hits rock, breaks edge, decides Rossignol is at fault.

Ha. He called them powder skis.

He's out $730
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    He's out $730
    Probably find a pair used with bindings for 300.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    He's out $730
    He should have bought the pink ones.

7s the go to @ flachelor. Never been on them don't care to.
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

This really should be it's own thread. Thought Gaper Quotes couldn't deliver anymore..... wrong!
    [B]Safety third.......

Quote Originally Posted by yahs View Post
    This really should be it's own thread. Thought Gaper Quotes couldn't deliver anymore..... wrong!
    If you look closely, you'll notice it is its own thread...
    I demoed the TECH TALK JONG! pro model this spring and their performance was unparalleled which is good because I ski in a wedge most of the time - bendtheski, 2011

Not funny.
    And vid is boring with awful viewpoint.
    But fuck what a gaper!
    Can't help but feel sorry for the guy though.
    Perfect example of *in over head - what is so bad about riding groomers*?
    Last edited by TurxSki; 03-21-2017 at 01:51 PM.

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Quote Originally Posted by Gaperious Basterd View Post
    Gaper chick at Heavenly raved about Steven's Pass, night skiing with LED lights, how she was too cool for the GoPro her mom bought her, and how up at Steven's she and other cool people dig smoking huts in tree wells (WTF? (on many levels)).

And complained Heavenly is too touristy.... while riding there.

It was perhaps the most obnoxious 10 minutes on a quad chair.
    Send her my way. I'm a reformed Stevens local whose got something that will shut her up

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    I always tell people stevens is awesome.
    I always tell people that it rains at Alpental, there's no parking at Stevens, Baker is too small and White Pass is too flat - so they should always go to Crystal instead

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Couple of Stevens locals in the tram line at Big Sky a few days ago were going on about how much Stevens rules over Alpental. And over Baker too. I've skied them all but kept my opinions to myself.
    Was it Mofro? If so, he might've been pulling their legs...

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    Birds of a feather...

Isn't a quote because no words were exchanged. But I was just cruising westbound on I-80 in the Salt Lake past Parleys when I look over and see the on-ramp a lime green vehicle parked just about entering the interstate. Started to wonder what was going on when I see one guy walking away from the vehicle back towards the entrance scan back a little further as I get closer and I see his kid carrying two skis he must have picked up off the asphalt. Clearly they popped off the top. Would have made the same perfect if the rack on top had still been open but I think Dad decided to close it and they were going to put the skis inside the SUV for the rest of the drive home. Total bummer, but funny for me One of those moments I really wish I'd had the phone out and ready to snap a photo.
    I demoed the TECH TALK JONG! pro model this spring and their performance was unparalleled which is good because I ski in a wedge most of the time - bendtheski, 2011

Here's the real gaper quote in that thread:

Mod Note : A little humor is OK, and understood, as I see it in the above posts. But this could veer off the rails - please stay away from name-calling or insults, and try to stay on topic. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Here's the real gaper quote in that thread:
    Nahhhh, here's the real fucking gaper quote. What kind of fucking prick issues a chargeback because they implode there ski on a rock. Likke jesus, I imploded my ski this year and am just admitting to myself that it'll probably happen once a year just based on where I like to ski

OK, so if all that doesn't work. the guy isn't SOL.
    If customer bought with a credit card, just about all of the credit cards have 90days buyer's protection benefit even if it's his fault. Like if you drove over your skis with your car and it's totally your fault you still can get money back. He can file a claim with his CC company as soon as possible once he doesn't want to pursue with Rossi. You'll need to check the fine print though, not every card is the same.

Actually... just read more, that whole thread is gaper central. Someone said a ski edge being strong enough to damage the sidewall of the other ski indicates bad construction... like dude slam any ski edge in to the other hard enough and you can damage the sidewall. And the hell most well skiied top sheets look like

Quote Originally Posted by TurxSki View Post
    A little side note to this. The patroller Phil, who put the GoPro in his pocket took an 800 foot fall on Christmas Day at Bridger. Multiple broken bones. Pretty sure his fall wasn't caused by him taking his skis off tho.

Quote Originally Posted by thebirdhunter View Post
    A little side note to this. The patroller Phil, who put the GoPro in his pocket took an 800 foot fall on Christmas Day at Bridger. Multiple broken bones. Pretty sure his fall wasn't caused by him taking his skis off tho.
    Ouch. Vibes to the patroller.

That jerry snowboard removal and slide for life was just so stupid I have no words.

But it did remind me of this one:

. . .

Quote Originally Posted by straightlineorbust View Post
    Nahhhh, here's the real fucking gaper quote. What kind of fucking prick issues a chargeback because they implode there ski on a rock. Likke jesus, I imploded my ski this year and am just admitting to myself that it'll probably happen once a year just based on where I like to ski

Actually... just read more, that whole thread is gaper central. Someone said a ski edge being strong enough to damage the sidewall of the other ski indicates bad construction... like dude slam any ski edge in to the other hard enough and you can damage the sidewall. And the hell most well skiied top sheets look like

It's not a chargeback--it's basically the credit card company provides as a way to attract customers for its card. The CC bank eats the cost, not the manufacturer or seller. It's a benefit paid for by your credit card fee, if any, and by the fee merchants pay the cc company on each purchase--which is built into the price of the merchandise. No harm in using that if the CC company offers it.

As far as the edge remark--that was me, and it was a joke, obviously.

BTW, I hate it when I have to switch to TGR White to read a post. Don't know why I bother.