Page 131 of 472 FirstFirst ... 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,275 of 11780
    Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    Was he wearing the all black AM uniform. One of the trail crew guys only skis spats, another one solely teles on EP Pros...
    could have been. Maybe the shovel was for work. I prefer to think it was for irony. Reminds me of another depressing Tahoe day at Sugar Bowl--it was a bad sign that patrol was carrying a lopping shears instead of a shovel.
    Last edited by old goat; 12-25-2011 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarcal View Post
    While ski instructing in Mammoth a woman pulled me aside and asked if we took precautions against wildlife during the lessons. When I assured her that there weren't many bear or mt. lions around, she pointed to a deer out in the parking lot and said, (while moving her hand like a mouth) "What about those? Don't they bite?"

Quote Originally Posted by tBatt View Post
    That was brutal! Looked like the deer might have killed that dog, when the cat's the one that instigated the whole thing.

Fucking cats, if they're not suffocating babies, they're getting dogs beat up. Fuckers!

Now back to Leroy. So awesome that in the first clip http://s195.photobucket.com/albums/z...GOPR0011-1.mp4 he rolls all the way from putting on helmet, zipping up jacket, putting gloves on and buckling boots, through the epic jump footage! Otherwise, the viewer might not have had time to mentally prepare for the hudgeness they are about to witness=mind blown!

Seriously, who would post shit like that anywhere without at least editing out all the static footage? Don't those P.O.S.'s come with editing software?
    Last edited by bendtheski; 12-20-2011 at 02:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

Not a quote, but this weekend at Big Sky a rented suburban pulls up next to us bursting with tourons from PA. While I listened intently for some gaper epicness, none was to be heard.

The saving grace was that 5'5", 300 pound patriarch of that shit-show waddled around proudly wearing a Penn State hat. Might want to rethink that display of pride, you mouth-breather.

I had a tough time resisting the urge to just yell out, "Sandusky likes kids poopenhausen."

"So, are they going to groom the mountain again while everyone is eating lunch?"
    This came from a gaper hacking down an intermediate run while wearing a GoPro on top of his helmet... Of course!
    Leave No Turn Unstoned!

Just found this jewel on YouTube. Not from this weekend, and I'm sure someone else has posted this epic video-
    http://youtu.be/xvRrIpD7_0E

I can't get this to embed. Sorry.

"Its not safe to hit these kinds of features, the landing is too flat" referring to about 3 feet of air tops

Quote Originally Posted by thedrew55 View Post
    Just found this jewel on YouTube. Not from this weekend, and I'm sure someone else has posted this epic video-

Ahhh Texans. That was cringe inducing. I had no idea Baldy was the highest point in Utah and Alta was in the Uintas. Huh, learn something new everyday.

"That guy can rip - he's crazy" ... the accent really brings that video home.

Laughed in my cubicle at that one. At least now I know I can impress some dork from Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    "That guy can rip - he's crazy" ... the accent really brings that video home.

Quote Originally Posted by thedrew55 View Post

Helmet gap for the mother fucking win!

had a half dozen different gapers from florida and alabama come up to me and ask "will the mountain be open if it rains?"... they were shocked and appalled when I said yes. Probably didn't help they were all wearing 3 down jackets each and nothing waterproof even though it was 65 and raining.

Lift lines are thin at Mt. Hood and I generally catch a chair by myself when skiing alone.....if not no problem but whatever.
    I'm lined up about to push forward and catch my chair as I feel a nudge on the shoulder and a dude awkwardly makes his way up next to me while giving me a dirty look. I assume the look is for standing in the middle and not creating enough space for him prior to his epic arrival.

As soon as the chair attaches to the cable he points at my 191 lhasas and sarcastically asks; "how those working out for ya today?" (obviously we're hurting for new snow).
    I reply with a simple, "they're doing great! Awesome skis I love them"
    I then am educated in the finer points of the sport as he informs me that "yea....my skis are especially designed for conditions like today" (points to his salamon x-wings that appear to be from the rental fleet of years past)
    I respond with, "huh...interesting" and solemnly look forward and down for the remainder of the ride.....sulking with the realization that I've been doing it all wrong. Back to the drawing board I guess.

While at Mountain Plaza at the base of vail. Some gaper skis down the cat track can't stop and manages to ski about 20 feet up the cobblestones in the village on rental skis. Like 10 people immediately start making fun of him.

His response: That's what the damage waiver is for; in case you hit rocks or something.

Not a busy day, mostly empty chair lift and very short lines. This is a quad that serves only expert terrain. Three people in front of me lined up to get on, rentals, jeans. I note this and start paying attention. Prior chair clears the loading zone and all three start to move forward to get on, I start moving up. So far so good.

Gaper on the left says HEY WAIT! WE NEED FOUR TO GET ON! and starts to BACK UP.
    Chair coming around barely misses him and he ends up standing on my skis. His buddies stop
    halfway to the loading line and start backing up too, chair wipes them out.

There are two lifties, one is like 'fuck!' and hits the stop and the other scrambles to
    hold the chair back. Eventually they get all their shit sorted out and skis back on,
    ready to try again.

Gaper who initiated this mess turns to me and says 'HEY YOU WANNA RIDE WITH US? WE NEED FOUR RIGHT?!'

I say "It's okay, you can go up with three."

I leave an empty chair and then get on by myself.

So my next question is: what happened at the top?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Oder View Post
    Not a busy day, mostly empty chair lift and very short lines. This is a quad that serves only expert terrain. Three people in front of me lined up to get on, rentals, jeans. I note this and start paying attention. Prior chair clears the loading zone and all three start to move forward to get on, I start moving up. So far so good.

Gaper on the left says HEY WAIT! WE NEED FOUR TO GET ON! and starts to BACK UP.
    Chair coming around barely misses him and he ends up standing on my skis. His buddies stop
    halfway to the loading line and start backing up too, chair wipes them out.

There are two lifties, one is like 'fuck!' and hits the stop and the other scrambles to
    hold the chair back. Eventually they get all their shit sorted out and skis back on,
    ready to try again.

Gaper who initiated this mess turns to me and says 'HEY YOU WANNA RIDE WITH US? WE NEED FOUR RIGHT?!'

I say "It's okay, you can go up with three."

I leave an empty chair and then get on by myself.

Quote Originally Posted by bendtheski View Post
    That was brutal! Looked like the deer might have killed that dog, when the cat's the one that instigated the whole thing.

Fucking cats, if they're not suffocating babies, they're getting dogs beat up. Fuckers!

Now back to Leroy. So awesome that in the first clip http://s195.photobucket.com/albums/z...GOPR0011-1.mp4 he rolls all the way from putting on helmet, zipping up jacket, putting gloves on and buckling boots, through the epic jump footage! Otherwise, the viewer might not have had time to mentally prepare for the hudgeness they are about to witness=mind blown!

Seriously, who would post shit like that anywhere without at least editing out all the static footage? Don't those P.O.S.'s come with editing software?
    You're pissed that someones personal POV footage posted on their own photobucket site and in no way marketed or advertised as being entertaining, which no one made you watch, was not properly edited? Really? Most of those vids are only there because they wouldnt play right on my computer and I was trying to figure out if it was the computer or footage that was corrupted.

I recently heard a snowboarder trying to explain the concept of a splitboard to an old lady. She could just not seem to understand that it split down the middle, she kept thinking it split between the feet to become the worlds worst pair of snowshoes. The boarder gave up after a while and just said, uh yea, sure, you got it.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    So my next question is: what happened at the top?
    I leave an empty chair and then get on by myself.....distancing himself from the carnage that would ensue @ the top ramp.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I recently heard a snowboarder trying to explain the concept of a splitboard to an old lady. She could just not seem to understand that it split down the middle, she kept thinking it split between the feet to become the worlds worst pair of snowshoes. The boarder gave up after a while and just said, uh yea, sure, you got it.
    I think you and the boarder got JONG'd by an old lady:

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    I leave an empty chair and then get on by myself.....distancing himself from the carnage that would ensue @ the top ramp.
    Yeah no story for the top, they seemed to get off okay. The last I saw them they were standing, with skis off, poking their ski poles at some double black on the big 'you are here' mountain trail map board.

Had to post this vid I just saw, the big trick is at 1:38, apparently the first triple backside rodeo ever caught on film. I put this in here cause check out the gaper that he almost kills after landing. How do you do this shit at an open resort without running some interference? Whaddya think that gaper was saying later?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAfSClKOUBI

yesterday at AB i saw a "SLOW" sign used as a braking aid.
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

I think you and the boarder got JONG'd by an old lady:

Wow. I mean just, wow. That is one of the stupidest things I've seen in a while.

So when people start to figure out that foot long tandem snowboards provide little to no stability, will they elongate the snowboards to say something in the 175-195cm range, and maybe reinforce the boots with an external hard plastic shell?

I know, crazy talk.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

Quote Originally Posted by stizzmt View Post
    Had to post this vid I just saw, the big trick is at 1:38, apparently the first triple backside rodeo ever caught on film. I put this in here cause check out the gaper that he almost kills after landing. How do you do this shit at an open resort without running some interference? Whaddya think that gaper was saying later?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAfSClKOUBI
    She was most likely wondering if anyone has already seen this thread:

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...out-of-it-quot

Quote Originally Posted by chez fips View Post
    the gaper was Cheryl Maas after a frontside nine fail.
    Or perhaps, if anyone has seen her Wiki page or visited her website.......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheryl_Maas

http://www.cherylmaas.com/

But, my guess is she said something along the lines of: DUDE, I had the best seat in the house!
    Last edited by Teh Poacher; 12-22-2011 at 11:48 AM.
    Crippled but free, I was blind all the time, I was learning to 'ski'.

The best backcountry advice ever given on the TGR forums:

Quote Originally Posted by skibee View Post
    Tits are a good thing, if making a good decision so you can live to see tits again is all that motivates you then so be it!!!

I'm going to come out and say it. I think that is a cool idea. I love that you can walk right back up the hill with them. That said, I'm wondering if riding them would actually be enjoyable experience or a groin popping disaster.