Page 176 of 472 FirstFirst ... 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 ... LastLast
Results 4,376 to 4,400 of 11780
    Quote Originally Posted by Angle Parking View Post
    Not so much a singular quote but rather a series of bizarre lies. I know a dude who goes around claiming credit for stuff I do. Ex.#1 I spent a lot of time last summer 'improving the forest' and dude goes around telling everyone he did it. Ex.#2 Dude goes around telling people he skied a couloir I skied when he has never even been there. Ex.#3 Dude tells other friends that we have plans to go on this big glacier traverse to ski a line. No such plans ever existed. Pathological liar = plethora of gaper utterances. Who knows what other B.S. has come out of this guy's mouth!
    I have a coworker that constantly talks about his Heli skiing trips and how epic they were. Which is fine by me, but they all take place in Tahoe, last winter...

Quote Originally Posted by Skirotica View Post
    ^wow. Is that for fucking real? That's like buying a car that only goes to work.
    lulz...,,
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Really good Gaper friend of mine (who I hadn't seen in about a year) as we are getting off lift one, about fifth chair, after a 17 inch dump - Hey can we wait for my GF at the top? She is getting her boots on. . .

Me - Bye

Quote Originally Posted by Westbasinchutes View Post
    Really good Gaper friend of mine (who I hadn't seen in about a year) as we are getting off lift one, about fifth chair, after a 17 inch dump - Hey can we wait for my GF at the top? She is getting her boots on. . .

Me - Bye
    Explains why you hadn't seen him in a year

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Explains why you hadn't seen him in a year
    Fack!!!!! You're right.

Good thing he already knows the deal, we met up later, and had some coldies

its a pwoder day today in australia ...

5cm ... hahahahaaa
    We, the RATBAGGERS, formally axcept our duty is to trigger avalaches on all skiers ...

Why does this beater licence keep slapping me in the face

I like to ask people stupid things. My buddy's repairing a flat on the side of the trail so I asked this jogging couple if they had a tube. They got the joke.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

A customer said this to me the other day, "I don't have to carry shit, I've got sherpas for that."

I can hear that in a NY accent.

It's true though. I could see myself saying it. You don't have to carry shit on one of those Himalayan treks.

Quote Originally Posted by grubbers View Post
    A customer said this to me the other day, "I don't have to carry shit, I've got sherpas for that."
    not surprising In the least given the town you work in.

rog
    Last edited by icelanticskier; 09-21-2013 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin267 View Post
    I can do better...
    Leaned skis against side of truck while sitting on tailgate taking off boots, hopped in and drove home without my skis. Someone saw me do it and knew where I worked and dropped them off, was soo lucky haha.
    About 25 years ago, I walked back to my car after a morning duck hunt. I set my Remington 1100 on the nice rubber Thule rack as I unlocked my car. About a mile down the dirt road, by buddy looked up through the glass and told me my gun was up there. Like a true dumbass, I hit the brakes and the gun bounced off my hood and hit the road. I ended up with a split stock which I fixed and you cannot see the damage. I had to replace the barrel though and I had a gouge on the receiver

"Where do y'all keep the git sticks?"

Excuse me?

"Ya know, git sticks. To get ya across the flat parts."

You mean poles?

"That might work too. Now which way to the stunt ditch?"

Quote Originally Posted by icelanticskier View Post
    not surprising In the least given the town you work in.

rog
    You should've seen his shoes. $$$

Maybe it was OldLarry.

Was hiking up the final 1,000' of 14,336' La Plata yesterday, and some guy was coming down with an extra backpack in hand and yelled over our heads towards a group we had just passed "did someone leave a backpack at the summit?"
    Some dumb chick had apparently forgotten it? Wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    "did someone leave a backpack at the summit?"
    did you check it for a bag?

Gaper dad to the rescue:

Jump to 4:00 or so....

WestCoastPDR Guest
    Roommate's BF comes in from outa town. he say's "how much is a lift ticket" My response "95 dollars" His response "Is that good for the week!"

Quote Originally Posted by Damian Sanders View Post
    Gaper dad to the rescue:

Jump to 4:00 or so....
    Gaper dad? Seriously? Guy runs down a little kid, then leaves the scene of a collision before he knows if kid is hurt, which is a crime where I live. And you think the dad is a gaper? Mr Go-pro got off very lucky.
    The gaper quoter of the weekend is you. Plus the video is proof of why Go-Pros should be banned.

Gaper dad? Seriously? Guy runs down a little kid, then leaves the scene of a collision before he knows if kid is hurt, which is a crime where I live. And you think the dad is a gaper? Mr Go-pro got off very lucky.
    The gaper quoter of the weekend is you. Plus the video is proof of why Go-Pros should be banned.
    Nope, try again. Though I do think he left a little quick.

Here is the skier's code:

Seven Points to Your Responsibility Code

1.Always stay in control, and be able to stop or avoid other people or objects.
    2.People ahead of you have the right of way. It is your responsibility to avoid them.
    3.You must not stop where you obstruct a trail, or are not visible from above.
    4.Whenever starting downhill or merging into a trail, look uphill and yield to others.
    5.Always use devices to help prevent runaway equipment.
    6.Observe all posted signs and warnings. Keep off closed trails and out of closed areas.
    7.Prior to using any lift, you must have the knowledge and ability to load, ride and unload safely.
    KNOW THE CODE: IT'S YOUR RESPONSIBILITY.
    After reviewing the video several times, the snowboarder is properly observing points 1 & 2 of the code. He is able to navigate a long stretch of trail with mixed ablity traffic by giving others enough room and slowing down as needed, while also avoiding the kid who skis into him from the left, which he is not overtaking. He is traveling at an appropriate speed for conditions and traffic, about the same as most traffic, around 15-20 mph. He is in a controlled braking manuver at the time of the collision.

The "father" is can be observed from 4:15 until the collision as NOT properly observing points 3 and 4 of the code, nor is his child. They are stopped in the middle of a trail, and the pair are not visable from above the rollover. Even worse, the father is blocking the view of the child. They do not turn around and look up hill before the father allows the child to move perpendicular to the fall line and into the path of the snowboarder.

I'm not a lawyer, but common sense says that this is 90%+ the fault of the father.

How would I handle this situation if I was one of these people? As the father, I would avoid taking my small child out on a high traffic trail in early season conditions, period. I see people stopped in dangerous spots at Killington, and I go as far as stopping to talk to people and ask them to move to a safer stopping location. As the snowboarder, I would be a bit more careful at rollovers and choke points, while making sure my board was well tuned and I could edge with it effectively.

If I was skiing this trail, I would probably come to a full stop off the side of the trail, at the top of the rollover and look at traffic, similar to how I would deal with the lower bittersweet rollover at Killington.

^^ Snowboarder didn't have to squeeze between the kid on the left and the dad and his kid. He easily could have went around like his buddy. And true, dad shouldn't haven't sent his kid.

The only gaper part of that vid is the fucking gopro footage of a flat, icy, shitty, congested ski run. Beware the WROD.

Snowboarder definitely should not have left like that.

Sorry steal on one, "/ Um" I met some #1
    "I, the undersigned,
    shall forfeit all rights, privileges, and licenses herein
    and herein contained, et cetera, et cetera . . . fax mentis
    incendium gloria culpum, et cetera, et cetera . . . memo bis
    punitor delicatum!" It's all there, black and white, clear
    as crystal! You stole Fizzy Lifting Drinks. You bumped
    into the ceiling which now has to be washed and sterilized,
    so you get nothing! You lose! Good day, sir!

Holy crap! That was crazy, so,crazy that it probably deserves it's own thread, even in the right forum for good measure.... Just crazy.

Snowboarder is a teenager that was punched in the head by an adult. He left the scene because he was scared and didn't know what was going to happen next. You can hear the snowboarder in the video repeatedly ask the kid if he is okay. This was the fault of the father. He stopped in the middle of a high traffic run, just below a blind roller, and allowed his kid to ski out without checking uphill. Not sure how this video is any proof that Go-Pros should be banned - if anything they're that much more valuable in documenting what occurred.

I'd be very upset if my kid was hit on the hill, but if it is my fault because I'm not watching my child and not teaching him to ski safely, I'm going to be upset with myself.