Page 347 of 472 FirstFirst ... 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 ... LastLast
Results 8,651 to 8,675 of 11780
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I didn't mean to dis the guy. Like I said--nothing gaper about it; I thought it was a clever and amusing idea. The amusing part is why it's here.
    Guys do it all the time here. Guess I’m used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Bored most likely. We used to lie down on them - the rollers would give you a pleasant massage.
    I gotta try that. We used to ride conveyor belts at the steel mill I worked at.

A British fellow , fifty something grabbed a chair with us at Blackcomb. He tried breaking ice with a joke I can not even consider repeating but then asked if he could ski with us. Dubious of our new acquaintance, off to the Blackcomb glacier we went. Skiers right, on a higher traverse line we stopped to survey the track as the light was really flat. We could see the track lead to a kicker off a small rock with a wicked lip. His desire to lead was strong but his goggles musta been foggy as he straightlined right into the kicker and did a phenomenal "lost in space". We all skiied over to check on him. He was disheveled and missing ski's, poles, hat and useless goggles but bounced up and said,"Who put that there?" We could not help the laughter that ensued.

Quote Originally Posted by L82thegate View Post
    ....we stopped to survey the track as the light was really flat. We could see the track lead to a kicker off a small rock with a wicked lip....We could not help the laughter that ensued.
    .its always a good idea to look before you leap....
    happy it ended well
    "we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up"
    mike tyson

Yes, and thankfully no harm done. The British Cockney accent was the "moment maker". Moral is: When you're an eccentric man skiing in a strange land, look before you leap (or at least clear your goggles)

"Never trust someone who wears their goggle straps outside their helmet."
    "Skiing is the easy part, Carl."

Quote Originally Posted by SlyFoxxx View Post
    Ha. Sounds like a Park Rat.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Ha. Sounds like a Park Rat.
    Yeah.. Newb rat..

His reasons were:

1. Because style
    2. Comfort
    3. Because style
    4. "Cause all the pros except McMorris and White wear them inside.."

I listed a bunch who don't... He proceeded to tell me that Bentchetler and Cattabriga are just "old power skiers that no one cares about.."

Then, he tried to tell me that most park skiers are just as good or better than big mountain freeride skiers..

Took him to school after that.

Yeah.. Newb rat..

His reasons were:

1. Because style
    2. Comfort
    3. Because style
    4. "Cause all the pros except McMorris and White wear them inside.."

I listed a bunch who don't... He proceeded to tell me that Bentchetler and Cattabriga are just "old power skiers that no one cares about.."

Then, he tried to tell me that most park skiers are just as good or better than big mountain freeride skiers..

Took him to school after that.
    When I see someone on a warm sunny day with their face completely covered by a neck gaiter I assume one of two things--a) their picture is on the wall in the post office, or b) they're really ugly.

I'm waiting for Rahlves vs random park rat

Now get the FUCK off my lawn (actually, in the winter here it's "Get your fucking car out of my driveway.)

When I see someone on a warm sunny day with their face completely covered by a neck gaiter I assume one of two things--a) their picture is on the wall in the post office, or b) they're really ugly.

Now get the FUCK off my lawn (actually, in the winter here it's "Get your fucking car out of my driveway.)
    You telling me to get the fuck off your lawn?

Quote Originally Posted by L82thegate View Post
    A British fellow , fifty something grabbed a chair with us at Blackcomb. He tried breaking ice with a joke I can not even consider repeating but then asked if he could ski with us. Dubious of our new acquaintance, off to the Blackcomb glacier we went. Skiers right, on a higher traverse line we stopped to survey the track as the light was really flat. We could see the track lead to a kicker off a small rock with a wicked lip. His desire to lead was strong but his goggles musta been foggy as he straightlined right into the kicker and did a phenomenal "lost in space". We all skiied over to check on him. He was disheveled and missing ski's, poles, hat and useless goggles but bounced up and said,"Who put that there?" We could not help the laughter that ensued.
    It's ok, you can tell the joke here. We've heard it all.

Speaking of British humor, I heard John Cleese tell a Jewish joke the other day.

The maitre d goes over to the table of two older Jewish women who have just finished their lunch, and asks, was anything acceptable?

I know that's part of the park rat fashion show, but it's also good sun protection. Gotta keep it covered now or it's gonna be option b later on.

i wear a balaclava almost all the time. heavy one in winter, light one on spring. i burn easily and have plenty of skin cancer in my family.

Quote Originally Posted by zartagen View Post
    I know that's part of the park rat fashion show, but it's also good sun protection. Gotta keep it covered now or it's gonna be option b later on.
    Gotta pull that shit down in the lift line and on the chair though and expose your face to the masses like a proper gentleman.

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    i wear a balaclava almost all the time. heavy one in winter, light one on spring. i burn easily and have plenty of skin cancer in my family.
    Doesn’t mean you’re not a) a fugitive or b) really ugly.

I guess I'm untrustworthy. What I gathered from watching the olympics was that goggles under the helmet = having goggles for your toque when you take the helmet off even if they are just going to sit on the forehead. Some sort of weird snowsports style guideline.

Watch people coaching or instructing skiing at night. Goggles up all night even while skiing. Either they leave them duct taped on there, or at some point, they made the conscious decision to put them on the helmet with no intention of using them, ie lenses to dark, glare, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Doesn’t mean you’re not a) a fugitive or b) really ugly.
    or both!!

You've just won a ski trip.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181213_191044.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	323.0 KB 
ID:	260023
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

You telling me to get the fuck off your lawn?
    I don't actually have a lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    We were in Ecuador a couple of months ago--neck gaiters over the face are very popular there, for the same reason. I prefer sun screen though, it's unfair for me to deprive the world of my beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    You've just won a ski trip.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181213_191044.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	323.0 KB 
ID:	260023
    A gay acquaintance of mine tells me that SLC has a surprisingly vibrant scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    A gay acquaintance of mine tells me that SLC has a surprisingly vibrant scene.
    Vibrant?

Quote Originally Posted by skiitsbetter View Post
    I guess I'm untrustworthy. What I gathered from watching the olympics was that goggles under the helmet = having goggles for your toque when you take the helmet off even if they are just going to sit on the forehead. Some sort of weird snowsports style guideline.

Watch people coaching or instructing skiing at night. Goggles up all night even while skiing. Either they leave them duct taped on there, or at some point, they made the conscious decision to put them on the helmet with no intention of using them, ie lenses to dark, glare, etc...
    Yeah, that's where the trend started. About 15-20 years ago.. Goggles are a fashion statement now, bruh.. You need that gnar gnar steez to build the cred, so you can impress the bunnies.. Doesn't matter if you're a jerry as long as you look dope af and say gaper a lot...

Quote Originally Posted by skiitsbetter View Post
    .... Some sort of weird snowsports style...

count me in!!

mike tyson

Someone was listening to Nickelback in line yesterday. Just coming out the Bluetooth speaker for everyone to hear...and me to talk shit about.

Also, a lot of people seem to feel loading single when it's busy is totally cool. Fuck off.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    ....a lot of people seem to feel loading single when it's busy is totally cool....
    charge right in like a boss and ask, "single?"
    you know what to do next ....

mike tyson