Page 375 of 472 FirstFirst ... 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 ... LastLast
Results 9,351 to 9,375 of 11780
    Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    You know when you duck in to the woods for a piss, and you piss between your skis and make what appears to be a super-deep piss hole in the snow? Anyone know how deep that hole can actually get? For the average piss, I mean - not anything record-setting.
    Continental snowpack or coastal snowpack?
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalNomad View Post
    Continental snowpack or coastal snowpack?
    Whatever is in the trees at Whistler. 2m base, lets say.

Someone on the gondola asked if the gondola had Wi-Fi.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Gaperious Basterd View Post
    Someone on the gondola asked if the gondola had Wi-Fi.

Vail's gondola prominently has WiFi, and heated seats.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Waddya know. I suppose that is nice. LOL that’s actually kinda cool. I had no idea.

For $209, I would expect so.

Now that is genuinely a gaper move on Vail's part.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Now that is genuinely a gaper move on Vail's part.
    No its just another Epic nut shot and big FYOU! to the locals. See, what they're doing is they're trying to crowd the runs up even more with these flexible workstyle types by giving them a chance to do work while on the gondola!!!! More epic people will use their Vail days and crowd the place up.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Aspen's have bluetooth speakers.

Personally, I was offended by Squaw funitel cabins that had windows covered by advertising so you couldn't see out. Thankfully they got rid of those.

Well, the wifi cuts in and out about 3 times during the ride and the seats are cold by the 3rd tower. So, if that counts.

Christ. Turning a mountain into starbucks one step at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by b dubya View Post
    Tricks are for hookers

Quote Originally Posted by zartagen View Post
    Well, the wifi cuts in and out about 3 times during the ride and the seats are cold by the 3rd tower. So, if that counts.
    Try leaving the door ajar?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by narc View Post
    Christ. Turning a mountain into starbucks one step at a time.
    We have a ski through Starbucks on the upper mountain at Squaw... so that ship has sailed.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    We have a ski through Starbucks on the upper mountain at Squaw... so that ship has sailed.
    I kinda hate it and like it at the same time. Now, if it wasn’t chain coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by FLS View Post
    I kinda hate it and like it at the same time. Now, if it wasn’t chain coffee.
    I don't really get it. Why do I want a cup of coffee while clicked into my skis? Barely anyone uses the ski up window. I did get a latte once and ski down mountain run taking occasional sips, but that was just for my friends and being funny to mock the whole thing when it first opened.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I don't really get it. Why do I want a cup of coffee while clicked into my skis? Barely anyone uses the ski up window. I did get a latte once and ski down mountain run taking occasional sips, but that was just for my friends and being funny to mock the whole thing when it first opened.
    Riding the gondola several years ago at whistler, sharing the space with a wealthy eastern European older couple. They remarked how lovely the resort was, but lamented the fact there were no small cafes on the ski runs to stop, have a sit and a coffee. My wife and I did not quite know how to respond to that. Neither of us have ever skied in Europe, so maybe it’s a real thing there.

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    Riding the gondola several years ago at whistler, sharing the space with a wealthy eastern European older couple. They remarked how lovely the resort was, but lamented the fact there were no small cafes on the ski runs to stop, have a sit and a coffee. My wife and I did not quite know how to respond to that. Neither of us have ever skied in Europe, so maybe it’s a real thing there.
    Yeah, that I kinda get. The Squaw one is just weird because it's located right where everyone exits the Funi and walks out to the snow on the upper mountain. It's not somewhere you'd want to sit or hangout... and there aren't any tables or seats.

Does anyone remember the 60's movie "The President's Analyst"? Very unexpected, prescient vision of our future as the phone company takes over everybody's brain. It was clearly intended as a spoof, but it hit the nail squarely on the head.

I can hear the howls of anguish in the lift lines..."I can't possibly ride up a chair lift without being able to do endless stupid shit on a piece of plastic the whole time... oh yes GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY WAY CAUSE I AM BUSY HERE!"

Could point out Chic pea, ravens nest, that stand outside mid on the Whis gondy, the huts at harmony, crystal hut, horstman hut... But surprised there isn't Starbucks on ego bowl yet

Oh, very real.

From Jerry of the Day.

wtf?? looks like front opened and wind lifted them up???

Quote Originally Posted by kevin267 View Post
    Could point out Chic pea, ravens nest, that stand outside mid on the Whis gondy, the huts at harmony, crystal hut, horstman hut... But surprised there isn't Starbucks on ego bowl yet
    Our take was that the desire was for these rest stops to be mid run, not at the top of lifts or other general staging areas. I am a very infrequent visitor to Whistler, but my wife spent over 15yrs living and working around the resort, and she was just as confused as I by the statement.

2008 after working the world cup I skied 1 day at whis before I just couldn't take the place anymore, a tourist was looking at the stone inookshuks up top with the arms sticking straight out and she said aloud " I wonder what he is saying ? "

to which I replied " thats simple , he is saying all this land belongs to us "
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know