Page 340 of 472 FirstFirst ... 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 ... LastLast
Results 8,476 to 8,500 of 11780
    Black&White checkered jacket? If I hear Hey Jude every again.......
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Heard a dad telling his son on the bus at Copper on a pow day: "Goggles are for Gapers, good skiers wear sunglasses". I know he was probably just trying to convince the kid he didn't need a $200 pair of Oakley's, but it sounded pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    "Goggles are for Gapers, good skiers wear sunglasses"
    In the "Vuarnet era" before helmets became de riguer, the cool skiers wore sunglasses and no hat no matter how cold it was. There are still a few around but getting scarcer as each season passes. Maybe that ski dad was starting junior on a new trend?

"Squaw was OK.
    But they didn't groom Granite Chief."
    Every man dies. Not every man lives.
    You don’t stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

Heard some dudes calling some other dudes gapers. When someone actually says the word "gaper" aloud, unless they are Glen Plake, they themselves become a gaper. Just something to keep in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by core2 View Post
    Heard some dudes calling some other dudes gapers. When someone actually says the word "gaper" aloud, unless they are Glen Plake, they themselves become a gaper. Just something to keep in mind.
    "It must suck to ski like you." -Glen Plake's t-shirt
    Leave No Turn Unstoned!

Mott chair on a pow day...

Dude skis under the lift through the beaver patch and gets stuck in the creek.

Two guys on the chair behind me: “Are those real jeans?!”

Guy stuck in creek: “Oh yea, bud! I’m from Minnesota!”

Every chair within earshot erupted in laughter.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by gnarbro365 View Post
    Mott chair on a pow day...

jeans?!”
    You should change your user name to

THE GNAR BRO MAN

Get An avatar of a cowboy skiing in jeans with a pack of reds rolled up in the sleeve of a white T-shirt
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    Standing in line at Mary Jane last Saturday, lifties are blasting Stairway to Heaven. Dude next to me goes "good music, I love Dust in the Wind". Sorry to say that I was skiing with said person, and he is a family member. I guess we can give him credit because he's still in college...?
    Well, give him a break. That music is like fifty years old.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Older woman in the Squaw lot today in a speed suit, struggling to carry her race skis which where scissoring badly over her shoulder. I guess it's NASTAR championships. Those are handicapped, aren't they? She's probably a sandbagger with an excellent chance of winning. Still, I would think you should learn to carry your skis before you start racing.
    She cut the brakes off to save weight...

Quote Originally Posted by goldengatestinx View Post
    She cut the brakes off to save weight...
    Good thing they have an uphill component to the race...
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

Heading out on High Traverse at Alpine and just before the crux, snowboarder and his girlfriend ask "do any of you know if this run leads back to a lift".
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

Traversing out to Pali at kw Sunday. Full on pow day. Two college aged idiots laying down in the traverse track as I roll up.

Idiot: do u know if this leads to Palisades?
    Me: you're in Palisades
    Idiot: but then what's that (points further out)
    Me: outer Palisades.

As i skate away: "by the way, would you mind sitting above the track when you're taking a break? You're blocking the traverse."

Idiot: ok sorry

They then proceed to step back into the track and trudge up at roughly the speed of my 102 yr old grandmother and completely cut off my buddy that was following me. We eventually ask them to move aside to allow him to pass, but DAMN the obliviousness of these people is just world class!

Brand new gear. Obviously.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using TGR Forums mobile app
    No gnar was harmed in the writing of this post...

Base of the paradise lift at CB, a guy with his GoPro and a couple dozen patches on his outfit walked up to the lifte. Not sure what he said but the lifte went and retrieved his snowboard from under the lift so I’m pretty sure whatever he said should be in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by TheK12 View Post
    Heading out on High Traverse at Alpine and just before the crux, snowboarder and his girlfriend ask "do any of you know if this run leads back to a lift".
    I don’t know, we are used to that sort of thing but if you had no clue I could see them wondering if everyone was dropping down the other side and wondering whether that was inbounds or side country. Although the lack of packs should be some indication.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Best Gaper qoute of the weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I've heard a claim that someone in a sports shop asked the clerk how much bear spray they had to apply to themself for it to be effective.
    I believe it.

Multiple times I have witnessed tourists spraying down tents and stuff. Last summer some dipshit with Texas plates on a huge RV was parked in the grocery store parking lot here in Big Sky spraying his whole RV.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

lift 4 at kirkwood, buddy to his female companion:

"ya so i just got back from jackson, was there for the last 10 days, do you know who doug coombs is?"
    female snowboarder companion has no idea...
    "ya well my old roommate from telluride is a heli guide in valdez and just posted a facebook video of doug in his helicopter from yesterday"

me to buddy: "Coombs has been dead for 12 years, don't disrespect the guy like that, get your shit together"

commence an awkward 10 min lift ride...

Best Gaper qoute of the weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I don’t know, we are used to that sort of thing but if you had no clue I could see them wondering if everyone was dropping down the other side and wondering whether that was inbounds or side country. Although the lack of packs should be some indication.
    Reasonable but the “gaper” behavior is being out there without knowing where it leads (even if it’s not that consequential)
    Last edited by TheK12; 03-28-2018 at 12:47 AM.
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    In the "Vuarnet era" before helmets became de riguer, the cool skiers wore sunglasses and no hat no matter how cold it was. There are still a few around but getting scarcer as each season passes. Maybe that ski dad was starting junior on a new trend?
    I don't know about most folks but my eyes tear up if I try to ski fast in sunglasses. If I wear wrap arounds or glacier glasses they fog; goggles don't. Skiing in sunglasses is how you tell the world you only ski so you can drink beer.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I don't know about most folks but my eyes tear up if I try to ski fast in sunglasses. If I wear wrap arounds or glacier glasses they fog; goggles don't. Skiing in sunglasses is how you tell the world you only ski so you can drink beer.
    I ran out of contacts earlier this season and skied in over-the-glasses sunglasses (stereotypical granny glasses) for two days. Worked perfectly: no fogging, no tears, maximum steeze. Maybe I'm the gaper?

Yeah, contacts are tough with just sunglasses.

Quit using contacts years ago. Springtime Sunglasses.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Wish Rog could weigh in on this

Quote Originally Posted by Toddball View Post
    Maybe I'm the gaper?
    Yup. and JONG!
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Toddball View Post
    I ran out of contacts earlier this season and skied in over-the-glasses sunglasses (stereotypical granny glasses) for two days. Worked perfectly: no fogging, no tears, maximum steeze. Maybe I'm the gaper?
    when I think of skiing in sunglasses I think of this look.
    Name:  stein.png
Views: 970
Size:  644.8 KB