Page 399 of 471 FirstFirst ... 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 ... LastLast
Results 9,951 to 9,975 of 11762
    Heard a guy complaining about the powder being too deep last weekend at Jackson Hole.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    There's a chute in Silverado called Mr. Toad's that in average snow is just wide enough to make turns--until someone on a snowboard sideslips a trench down the center.
    I was riding up one of the Mineral Basin lifts a few days ago, and the results from maybe hundreds of sideslipping boarders in some "chutes", or narrow little spaces between some outcroppings, was obvious. They aren't bumps, they're like waves of snow deposited in these places, and you don't see it at Alta or DV.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning1911 View Post
    Heard a guy complaining about the powder being too deep last weekend at Jackson Hole.
    He was right. If it wasn't for the refills every day the trenches that got left behind would have made the skiing difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I was riding up one of the Mineral Basin lifts a few days ago, and the results from maybe hundreds of sideslipping boarders in some "chutes", or narrow little spaces between some outcroppings, was obvious. They aren't bumps, they're like waves of snow deposited in these places, and you don't see it at Alta or DV.
    Next time you're at Snowbird post in the wasatch thread and we'll get a crew together. Most of us aren't that weird in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Next time you're at Snowbird post in the wasatch thread and we'll get a crew together. Most of us aren't that weird in real life.
    And you can get some gaper quotes from Benny to post in this thread. Winning!
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    And you can get some gaper quotes from Benny to post in this thread. Winning!
    Big colour. Or is it little colour? I always mix them up. Like Big and little cottonwood. Seem the same to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Back when I skied Vermont.. the Boarder sideslip effect was so sickening on the steeper slopes.
    When the base is icy, and a good dump comes>>> all the snow from the runs gets Pushed downhill, leaving solid ice runs with deep piles at the bottom. Pretty sickening to have to ski ice on a Powder day.
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

Quote Originally Posted by baron View Post
    Back when I skied Vermont.. the Boarder sideslip effect was so sickening on the steeper slopes.
    When the base is icy, and a good dump comes>>> all the snow from the runs gets Pushed downhill, leaving solid ice runs with deep piles at the bottom. Pretty sickening to have to ski ice on a Powder day.
    That's how I broke my back (although it was a hand charge, not snowboarders, that slid all the snow to the bottom).

Presidents / family day weekend with long lines. The lift is stopped because someone fell off as it was leaving the terminal. I see the guy doing the walk off shame back to the loading zone - it's a lifty (in uniform). Looks like he tried to take a lap on his break and fell off the chair. That's the second time this year I've seen a lifty fall off the chair shortly after loading.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Presidents / family day weekend with long lines. The lift is stopped because someone fell off as it was leaving the terminal. I see the guy doing the walk off shame back to the loading zone - it's a lifty (in uniform). Looks like he tried to take a lap on his break and fell off the chair. That's the second time this year I've seen a lifty fall off the chair shortly after loading.
    I posted last year about having to carry up a ski patroller's dropped pole.

European lady on the LCC bus just asked me why my skis were so wide. They're only 107s lol.

Good lord she just asked me what a tram is.

she wants you.

some guy on the chair asked me why my skis were so narrow. Perfectly normal question to ask of someone with GS skis on a rock hard morning. A lot of western skiers don't understand skinny stiff skis, just like a lot of eaterners don't understand >100 mm daily drivers.

And here I thought I was one of the few guys on an 88 waist ski all winter this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

That seems like maybe a language barrier thing?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

That seems like maybe a language barrier thing?
    Yeah, ask if she knows the difference between butt sex and camping.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Yeah, ask if she knows the difference between butt sex and camping.
    Trick question?
    No longer stuck.

Trick question?
    A: “No? Want to go camping?”

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    A: “No? Want to go camping?”
    Don't have enough lube.
    No longer stuck.

In lift line this morning. We got 15" overnight, first real storm in almost 2 months:

"Man, it's busy, I thought the bad weather would keep everyone away"
    It sucks to suck.

Quote Originally Posted by DolphinSki View Post
    In lift line this morning. We got 15" overnight, first real storm in almost 2 months:

that's funny

Quote Originally Posted by DolphinSki View Post

That's solid. Best post in this thread in a while - really gets to the heart of the matter of just being clueless.

Not a quote ,more less a rant at a clueless Gaper Grandpa . Or alternate story title "Old man yells at cloud"

Friday night I take my teenager out to a local East Pa. Molehill . I drop him and our equipment off and after a 15 minute fruitless parking hunt give up an park in the far end of the lot . After walking some distance a school bus pulls up and on cue 150 kids with all there shit pile out . Reminded me of playing frogger . Only saving grace is I'm headed for guest services.

Young kid at the counter gets us out with little delay . Walk up to the long line out the end of the cattle chute and notice no lights on in the loading area??? Half the quad chairs have one ,two people WTF!!! We take another run and the lines still bullshit . My son and I are getting close to the loading area and I notice two kids and motion for them to file in ......Kid says I'm going with theses guys WTF? more empty chairs@@#$%^ .An hour later Still no lights on.

An hour later I'm in line again and notice Grandpa with a 5yr old and ask to pair up. A second later I see how he's holding his poles and Immediately have a regret. We get to the loading line and I see Jr hand grandpa something ? He starts trying to stuff it in his pocket . My son and I move onto the ramp ...No grandpa ? I Look back and he's still fumbling.... Jr start to move but too late . He gets hammered hard by the char and flung against the opposite side bar and is being pulled underneath. I lunge over and grab his coat by the chest and pull him up onto the seat. Grandpas grabs the chair and his pulling the chair back!@#$%^Y&()). Lifty had a rake and didn't see what happened . I'm yelling shutdown!!!!!!.

Granda climbs up and loads with one ski in his hand and whippers "Thank you" I didn't say a word up.

The kid was OK ...Other lifty stopped the chair and asked what happened ? I say grandpa was fumbling with something ....Granpa does his best "No I wasn't " . I hope Jr Rats you out and Grandma kicks your ass into next week " Dick head !"

An hour later I get off the lift and hear a commotion behind me . I look back and see Jr's ski on the middle of the unload ramp .

I shut the hell up and the rest of the night ...screw empty chairs I'll wait .
    "It's only steep if you're backseat"

Riding up a lift today at Snowmass with a couple who ask me where I've been skiing.
    Luckily for me I'm currently on an extended trip and respond:
    "I just finished up five days at Jackson Hole, and was planning on heading up to Big Sky but their forecast went to shit so I came here instead,".
    Her: "Went to shit meaning no snow or too much snow?".
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...