Page 57 of 472 FirstFirst ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 11780

Thread: Best Gaper qoute of the weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Who needs a warning?

1) Wear a helmet.
    2) Keep your head back.
    3) Remember - the bar comes down EVERY time.

Be more attentive. Why are you leaning forward anyway?
    Volunteer 'troller perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by SkiFreeor... View Post
    Who uses the bars anymore? Unless of course you are the one using it only to hit people in the head.
    Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    Volunteer 'troller perhaps?
    Nah - I just like hitting people in the head.

What I meant was... someone on the lift will always lower the bar, so you gotta be ready for it.

I've been hit on the head by the bar at almost the exact moment I've sat down on the chair

Last year at the Canyons, I was in line for a chair, looked like it was going to just be mine, when this family of gapers comes flying up to the line at the last second. One of them bumps me damn near off the loading zone. As soon as the chair swoops us up, BAM - a serious conk on the head. If I wasn't wearing a helmet I'd have been knocked out. Anyways, I'm pissed now and turn to the father and mother and say "I don't care which one of you did that, but that fucking hurt. Call out that you're lowering the bar next time". Instead of an apology, the Texan father responds "Don't you talk to my kids that way, if they want to lower the bar, then you need to look out". The kid was about 5 and he could barely reach the bar when it was down, let alone when it was up.
    Last edited by ski_adk; 12-03-2009 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BushwackerinPA View Post
    in europe that is a moose, and in a moose is called an elk over in euro land.

she could be euro, or REALLY dumb.
    Could someone please translate this into American English?
    Living vicariously through myself.

Quote Originally Posted by ski_adk View Post
    Last year at the Canyons, I was in line for a chair, looked like it was going to just be mine, when this family of gapers comes flying up to the line at the last second. One of them bumps me damn near off the loading zone. As soon as the chair swoops us up, BAM - a serious conk on the head. If I wasn't wearing a helmet I'd have been knocked out. Anyways, I'm pissed now and turn to the father and mother and say "I don't care which one of you did that, but that fucking hurt. Call out that you're lowering the bar next time". Instead of an apology, the Texan father responds "Don't you talk to my kids that way, if they want to lower the bar, then you need to look out". The kid was about 5 and he could barely reach the bar when it was down, let alone when it was up.
    So you just let it go? There had to be more to that conversation!

3) Remember - the bar comes down EVERY time.
    Only in VT, JONG!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

nah...he got to the unloading station and skied across their tips
    Last edited by mtnjam; 12-03-2009 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnjam View Post
    not if you're riding the chair with me...i'll tell people no if they ask if they can lower the bar
    Seriously? You're that much of an ass?
    "Laughter and tears are both responses to frustration and exhaustion. I myself prefer to laugh, since there is less cleaning up to do afterward."
    - Kurt Vonnegut

yep, just to be a jackass then I tell them I didn't get the flu shot this year and cough/sneeze all over them out of spite

totally joking of course, I'm just feeling fiesty today

Quote Originally Posted by grrrr View Post
    Could someone please translate this into American English?
    fucking euros

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moose[/ame]
    Quote Originally Posted by skuba View Post
    you can let it free and be as stupid as possible

Thread Killer
    I would like to see your point of view but I can't get my head that far up your ass.

Quote Originally Posted by gincognito View Post
    Seriously? You're that much of an ass?
    Seriously I am. If they have little kids or I have my kids ( on a short lift ) then I do it. But on the full sized mountain on the full sized lift for the big people I think it is stupid to put that fucking thing down. Makes me sit at a funny angle instead of splaying my shit all over everyone elses shit and swinging my legs. and if I bother to get my feet up on the foot rest it actually makes the bottom of my feet cramp up for some weird reason.

especially if I am in the line first, so it's my chair - fuck them. get your own chair. and put the training wheels down so you can lean forward and do whatever shit you need the bar for.
    Quote Originally Posted by skuba View Post
    you can let it free and be as stupid as possible

Thread Killer
    I would like to see your point of view but I can't get my head that far up your ass.

I never understood this bar up attitude until I skiied in N America - now I realise you have really tiny hills with fuckall exposure on the chairs, as opposed to 50 foot drops onto big pointy rocks and actually have to have signs telling people that you're not supposed to disembark at the next mougl.

Quote Originally Posted by cunners View Post
    I never understood this bar up attitude until I skiied in N America - now I realise you have really tiny hills with fuckall exposure on the chairs, as opposed to 50 foot drops onto big pointy rocks and actually have to have signs telling people that you're not supposed to disembark at the next mougl.
    x2

I learned to ski in CH and there the bar goes down, whether it's an old lady or some gangsta snowboarders.
    I got 99 problems but this pitch aint one

My head was ringing so bad that I couldn't even think straight and I pretty much just stewed until we got to the top. Before I skied off, I finally came back to my senses and told him how manly it was to blame the incident on the kid, that was such a great example and that "a simple fucking apology would have been nice". He turned around, caught an edge and fell down as I skated off towards home. And that's all there was to it. At the time, I didn't think there was really much else that could've been done.

Quote Originally Posted by ski_adk View Post
    Swearing in front of a 5yo is zero class.
    I got 99 problems but this pitch aint one

Quote Originally Posted by 72Twenty View Post
    At the ski swap last weekend, I was bringing in some gear to sell (the gear drop off was the night before the ski swap) and this girl had some fairly beat up tele boots that she wanted to sell. She asks the guy that was making the tags: "I bought these last year from a friend for fifty bucks, do you think someone would by them for $150?"

This wasn't really a gaper thing and I guess there is nothing really wrong with it, but it just kinda rubbed me the wrong way. I guess it is just because I have been buying and selling used gear for so long.
    You should of said "I might if you let me buttfuck you, then titty fuck you and cum on your face"

Who needs a warning?
    Be more attentive. Why are you leaning forward anyway?
    Because sometimes I'm in the process of putting my poles under my leg, or fixing my boot buckle. I lean a little forward and to the side. Because I'm tall that's enough for me to get hit. In fact, on some chairs, if I just sit up straight I can get hit.

All I ask is that you give me a bar coming down call before it's actually on it's way down. Like the guy I rode the lift with last weekend who gave me plenty of warning. His only problem was that he was sitting where the handle comes down and rests on the chair (3 of us on a 4 person chair). Proceeded to smash his leg multiple times as his wife kept pulling the bar, wondering why it wasn't going all the way down.

Ever wonder why those who pull the bar down right away, before you are even out of loading, want the bar back up 200yds before unloading? Don't they realize that usually that's a higher spot than the loading area?

If they've hit me in the head I wait as long as possible to raise the bar and watch them get a squirmy as we approach. When they ask to raise the bar I say no I'm afraid I'm going to fall off. If there's a kid on the lift I won't mess around like that.

I like the bar down to rest my feet between runs, but its only comfortable if u can stradle. all u gotta say is "ready for the bar?"......pause...proceed...

almost as worse as getting your head crushed, is your elbow if your sitting on the outside and using the side as an arm rest. if u dont get the headsup, youre in for some pain.

if i dont have the bar down im leaning to the point of falling.......love it.

How about pulling the bar down BEFORE you get on the chair? Headwall chair, couple of guys behind our chair grabbed the bar cause they were too lazy to walk up to the loading point--pulled the bar down, hit us in the back, chair stopped, everyone yelled at them, they laughed BUT I KNOW WHO YOU ARE AND WHERE YOU LIVE.

Quote Originally Posted by PuderLuder View Post
    Swearing in front of a 5yo is zero class.
    Don't pull the bar down on my head and the kids don't get any vocabulary lessons. On that note, my typical instinctual reaction to getting hit on the head is to start swinging. Don't know why, but even just a little tap to my noggin brings out my inner hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by carvedog View Post
    Seriously I am. If they have little kids or I have my kids ( on a short lift ) then I do it. But on the full sized mountain on the full sized lift for the big people I think it is stupid to put that fucking thing down. Makes me sit at a funny angle instead of splaying my shit all over everyone elses shit and swinging my legs. and if I bother to get my feet up on the foot rest it actually makes the bottom of my feet cramp up for some weird reason.

especially if I am in the line first, so it's my chair - fuck them. get your own chair. and put the training wheels down so you can lean forward and do whatever shit you need the bar for.
    Being one of those pesky snowboarders, I'm totally with you. If we're on some old school lift that hangs you out to dry with 30 knot winds and 200 ft drop, sure wtf put the bar down. Other than that, we're all grown ups on the higher lifts, so save me the foot / hip cramps by me having to twist sideways and keep the bar up. I wear a pack (and no I don't take it off) with poles and snow shoes sometimes so that makes it doubly worse (that I realize is my choice obviously).

If there are small kids on the chair, I have no problems with the bar btw.
    "No avy training but I've watched K2 so many times I think I know what to look for." -JoeStrummer

I fall into the tall enough to get whacked category. It's usually by the footrest on its way down. I don't put it down myself nor do my kids, but have no problem if someone else wants to. Just warn me don't hit me in the fucking head!

The problem with this discussion about getting whacked on the head by the bar (or castrated by the footrest) is that the fools who do it aren't reading this. This discussion should be taking place on epicski where they can read it (at least the ones who can read).

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    The problem with this discussion about getting whacked on the head by the bar (or castrated by the footrest) is that the fools who do it aren't reading this. This discussion should be taking place on epicski where they can read it (at least the ones who can read).
    I laughed

quoted for truth
    Live