Page 185 of 472 FirstFirst ... 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 ... LastLast
Results 4,601 to 4,625 of 11780
    I work in a ski shop, a guy comes in with 70mm underfoot skis clearly from the 80's (along with his ancient jacket), and drops $350 on a new pair of bindings for them, and another $40 to mount them. He then proceeds to mark "expert skier" on the form we have people fill out for mountings. Okay, what...
    I am the dirt you created.

Quote Originally Posted by nicolaib211v View Post
    Getting ready in the Alta parking lot the other morning, and the people in the car next to me are ready to go. One guy says to the other...

"Alright, ready? Let's go do some Gnar!"
    I'm using that. That's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by nemophilist View Post
    I work in a ski shop, a guy comes in with 70mm underfoot skis clearly from the 80's (along with his ancient jacket), and drops $350 on a new pair of bindings for them, and another $40 to mount them. He then proceeds to mark "expert skier" on the form we have people fill out for mountings. Okay, what...
    It happens. Never easy.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

I dont spend 350 on the whole setup. Does that make me level 3?
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Two this weekend.

"That doesn't look like natural snow over there, the way it's all piled up moundy like."

and

"They close this place after dark, right?"

Quote Originally Posted by nemophilist View Post

Maybe he was in 1985.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Maybe he was in 1985.
    Once an expert, always an expert. Anyone posting here should know that.
    "... Enjoy yourselves, keep your brain in your head and your head firmly attached to your body, the body active and alive, and I promise you this much: I promise you this one sweet victory over our enemies, over those deskbound people with their hearts in a safe deposit box and their eyes hypnotized by desk calculators. I promise you this: you will outlive the bastards." – Edward Abbey

Support Hinterlandian backcountry skiing: wwhsta.org

Guy separates his skis in the racks in front of the lodge...there is only three pairs out there
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

At Vail, to his friends..."Watch out I'm gonna hit this cliff!" The 'cliff' was a 3-4 foot rock.

"This deep snow makes my skis stupid!"

My father who is 60 rips on his skis from when he was a kid with new bindings and reverse entry boots. That's hysterical

Riding up the ski-lift at Heavenly I encounter a local, older female snowboarder. She was nice enough; got laid off with severance and is homeless so she just collects unemployment and 'boards, asking about how many days I've been up and bragging about how many days she's been out this year. Okay, cool, priorities - unemployed and homeless with gear and an Epic pass, okay.

Then she starts into how she hates all the gapers and people on the mountain and whatnot. Kind don't like it when people start going off and ranting about nonsense, putting people down who're just trying to have some fun so my response: "Hey, I'M a gaper. I BELIEVE!"

She got real real quiet after that and didn't say another word the entire rest of the way and I got to enjoy the beautiful ride up in blissful silence. Wouldn't even acknowledge my "have a great day" at the top. *rofl*

Tram convo: Guy gets my attention with, "hey, whoa! is that a new yoga position?", his friend, "nah, just buckling my boot" they then proceed to have a several minutes conversation about how the building above keyhole is an NSA data gathering post and how they feel so much safer that the NSA is collecting all that data. Honestly, I don't know what that building above keyhole is - always figured it was related to ski resort operations - but that seems reasonable.

Saw a girl towards the top of the Cirque stuck in abunch of rocks, no idea how she got into them with out hurting herself. Asks if she needs help "I'm good, almost out. Hey this might be a silly question but is my gopro on?"

Wolf Creek got 80+ inches in a week heading into this weekend and it is still snowing.

Friday it was anywhere from 3-5 feet deep all over the mountain, just ridiculous. I share a chair with a bitchy couple that live in Pagosa. I tell them I live in Bayfield.

"That's a long way! Is it even worth it to drive all the way out here?" [it is 1:15 to get to Wolf from my house]

me: Looks around at the endless untracked chest deep... "Um, yes???"

They then told me that they would rather ski Purgatory and were going back to the Bonanza lift because the snow was too deep to "do anything."

Quote Originally Posted by Smoova View Post
    Sig worthy
    I ski because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things.

girl, sobbing at the top of keystone today... "there's too much fucking snow ASSHOLE!!!!, get me down from here"

snowboarder boyfriend....no words... just slowly toe slipping down the fall line away from her.... look on his face was classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Swift12440 View Post
    Was looking for some info about getting started in gs racing on the east coast. Ben shredding all the mountains in the area for years going faster than everyone any suggestions will help thanks guys
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...ing-east-coast

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    girl, sobbing at the top of keystone today... "there's too much fucking snow ASSHOLE!!!!, get me down from here"

snowboarder boyfriend....no words... just slowly toe slipping down the fall line away from her.... look on his face was classic.
    Another Powday another girlfriend.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

pdt1374 is offline get ur fuckin shine box!!
    yesterday about 2pm on i70 - 1/2 mile west of eisenhower tunnel: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140209_131036.jpg 
Views:	1320 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	150372 in case you wondered why there is epic traffic on the way back to denver

Quote Originally Posted by moxford View Post
    Riding up the ski-lift at Heavenly I encounter a local, older female snowboarder. She was nice enough; got laid off with severance and is homeless so she just collects unemployment and 'boards, asking about how many days I've been up and bragging about how many days she's been out this year. Okay, cool, priorities - unemployed and homeless with gear and an Epic pass, okay.

Then she starts into how she hates all the gapers and people on the mountain and whatnot. Kind don't like it when people start going off and ranting about nonsense, putting people down who're just trying to have some fun so my response: "Hey, I'M a gaper. I BELIEVE!"

She got real real quiet after that and didn't say another word the entire rest of the way and I got to enjoy the beautiful ride up in blissful silence. Wouldn't even acknowledge my "have a great day" at the top. *rofl*
    Not sure you get the point of this thread, which is that the gaper quote is supposed to be funny.
    Last edited by old goat; 02-10-2014 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pdt1374 View Post
    yesterday about 2pm on i70 - 1/2 mile west of eisenhower tunnel: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140209_131036.jpg 
Views:	1320 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	150372 in case you wondered why there is epic traffic on the way back to denver
    I don't see much traffic. Looks like a breeze.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by Newsance View Post
    Wolf Creek got 80+ inches in a week heading into this weekend and it is still snowing.

Friday it was anywhere from 3-5 feet deep all over the mountain, just ridiculous. I share a chair with a bitchy couple that live in Pagosa. I tell them I live in Bayfield.

"That's a long way! Is it even worth it to drive all the way out here?" [it is 1:15 to get to Wolf from my house]

me: Looks around at the endless untracked chest deep... "Um, yes???"

They then told me that they would rather ski Purgatory and were going back to the Bonanza lift because the snow was too deep to "do anything."
    I skied that day, f'n unreal. We got untracked waist to chest deep in trees just off the groomed on the Bonanza side. Alberta was ridiculous. The bitchy couple was probably a recent Texas transplant. Pagosa is stinking w/ them.

Quote Originally Posted by nicolaib211v View Post
    Getting ready in the Alta parking lot the other morning, and the people in the car next to me are ready to go. One guy says to the other...

"Alright, ready? Let's go do some Gnar!"
    Quote Originally Posted by skinipenem View Post
    That might have been me joking around
    If it was, that's awesome. The GF and I have been using it ever since.

My girlfriend was snowboarding with a friend of hers this weekend. She suggested they venture into the trees to find some fresh snow. Her friends response was, "I can't ride in the backcountry." (These trees were right in the middle of the resort)

Quote Originally Posted by Esses View Post
    My girlfriend was snowboarding with a friend of hers this weekend. She suggested they venture into the trees to find some fresh snow. Her friends response was, "I can't ride in the backcountry." (These trees were right in the middle of the resort)
    Most people I work with snowboard and use the word "backcountry" to describe anything that's not groomed. And they're all scared of the "backcountry"