Page 75 of 472 FirstFirst ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,875 of 11780
    "I didnt know TGR made skis"

multiple people at wildcat yesterday about my thugs with a TGR sticker on them.

Riding up KT yesterday with a guy who'd never skied squaw and the third guy on the chair starts pointing out stuff--Oly over there, the Nose, etc. Carrying on a very animated conversation with a lot of gesturing and pointing with his right hand. In fact, so much hand talking that he took off his glove, so we could hear him better, I guess. Nothing wrong with that, just weird human nature.

And since every post on this thread requires that the poster state what kind of skis he is wearing (women for some reason don't feel the need to do that) I will mention that I was wearing my Recons, which I use more and more just so I don't get any water ski comments which I would then be forced to post, because this thread DOES NOT NEED ANY MORE WATER SKI QUOTES. And BTW McConkey put bindings on water skis years ago. I saw it in a magazine.

So I'm backcountry skiing with some new people that are friends of friends. This chick is spewing about how rad she is, how much backcountry experience she has. Talking about this named run and that named run. I'm thinking 'sounds like a pretty cool girl, she must be from a ski town.' So I ask her, ' where you from?' Quickly she says 'Ohio' but I moved to CO 5 years ago. Someone needs to slap these idiots from fagville about the head and shoulders and wake them up telling them, 'any idiot can pick up and move to the mtns, you flatlanders are a dime a dozen' She had a husband too.

^^^^^^^^^ I am confused. ^^^^^^^^^

Helldawg Guest
    ^^^Congrats, you've now taken the lead position for "Biggest Douche in Thread".

You do realize that you can be bred, born, and raised in the mountains, and still be a total fucking toolbox, right? Of course you do, the proof stares you in the face every morning when you brush your teeth...

Helldawg Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dumpy View Post
    Got 18" over night yesterday, really heavy and wet. First run today I hop on the lift with a kid wearing GS boards. Ask him how they are handling in today's snow. He (obviously) says "not that great" and let's me know that he was a local college student. He told me that he didn't bring his MANTRAS to school with him because "I thought it never really snowed that much here".

Actually other than thinking Mantras are a pow ski and having no idea about local weather, he was relatively non-gaper.
    Dear asshat,

Most people who are not as uber rad as all of the internet super skiers here on TGR would consider a 96mm underfoot ski a powder ski. Especially if you are from the east and ski something 70-80 underfoot everyday.

Now quietly go JONG yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by kailas View Post
    So I'm backcountry skiing with some new people that are friends of friends. This chick is spewing about how rad she is, how much backcountry experience she has. Talking about this named run and that named run. I'm thinking 'sounds like a pretty cool girl, she must be from a ski town.' So I ask her, ' where you from?' Quickly she says 'Ohio' but I moved to CO 5 years ago. Someone needs to slap these idiots from fagville about the head and shoulders and wake them up telling them, 'any idiot can pick up and move to the mtns, you flatlanders are a dime a dozen' She had a husband too.
    wow douche!! I bow down to your born and bread douchness.

Quote Originally Posted by stupid idiot View Post
    ^whoever said Breck had chutes is a total total Gaper,
    totally
    I have never been so disapointed as I have at Breck. Soooo weak. They have a rating called double black diamond extreme and the runs rated with this would be regular blacks at a lot of resorts. The lake chutes what a fucking joke more of a bowl realy and a short one at that hardly extreme. I will not waste another day or dollar there. Gnarly park though, but can't understand why a non-jibber ski bum would choose Breck as there home resort.

Did you mean the gate going the other way to, Billy's Bowl?
    Yep out the back country gate, not just the gated hike to in bounds terrain.

the snow is to white today and where is the powder area anyway?

You eastcoast fags play like a strativarious.

What happened to your record Nov. snow fall Whistler-Blackcomb??

Hey man its BC, they're all high on that great bud.
    The nickname after a sacred Tibetan mountain is undeserved. Perhaps you should pick a board name after a small windswept knoll in Saskatchewan?

At the bottom of the ski out in lower Rock Springs I overheard the tail end of the following conversation:
    College kid in Jackson BC: "Whats a transceiver?"
    JH Local pulls out his tracker: "Its a beacon that can help someone find you if you get buried in an avalanche. You really shouldnt be back here without one."
    College Kid: "That's why I was asking"
    JH Local: "Please dont follow me"

We were in low/moderate conditions on Thursday, but the amount of yahoos I saw outside the gates without any gear, knowledge, or a guide was pretty amazing.
    Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam.

Quote Originally Posted by stupid idiot View Post
    ^whoever said Breck had chutes is a total total Gaper,
    totally
    It's called Twin Chutes. I didn't name it.

Heard 30 something attractive female say on chairlift while passing your typical tree covered in bras and panties:

"ha! That's funny. I wonder how they got all those up there"
    I told her to hand me her underwear and I'd be happy to show her.
    If it wasn't for douchebags there'd be douche all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet View Post
    The woman? You mean Christin Cooper? US Ski team for 8 years. Seven World Cup victories and 26 podiums. Silver medal in the 1984 Olympics - 3rd place in the World Cup....that woman?

"are like having a longer wheelbase, .." . Which is a true statement. A longer ski absorbs the bumps better just as a car with a longer wheel base is smoother ride.
    Wow, that was weirdly stalkerish. And don't Olympic level skiers have custom made skis? She wasn't on men's skis, she was probably on custom made skis that were at least the minimal length requirement for men's DH.

You are so local and core. Crazy, self-righteous mountain town folk are also a dime a dozen, believe it or not. Even the ones that are totally rad eXtreme skiers from birth. The I'm so core and local and I don't use chairlifts pissing match continues: you know who you people are.

Quote Originally Posted by Vino View Post
    Heard 30 something attractive female say on chairlift while passing your typical tree covered in bras and panties:

"ha! That's funny. I wonder how they got all those up there"
    I told her to hand me her underwear and I'd be happy to show her.
    win

Quote Originally Posted by Scree Shredder View Post
    So I'm getting off the tram at big sky a few days ago and its super super windy. So windy I had to hold my board lined up with my body to not get blown around. I see this guy chasing a pole that he dropped and is being blown off the side of the peak slip and eat it on the ice meanwhile his other pole that is barely stuck in the snow starts to blow away so I grab it and hand it to him thinking 'man this gaper is gonna be struggling on the way down'. Saw him in line again later and my buddy says "hey Scott Schmidt is skiing up here again" same guy no bull shit. Not quite the gaper I thought he was. We all get kinda gaped every once in a while I guess.
    Was it an older dude? One of the GNFAC guys is actually named Scott Schmidt. Pretty funny. Hiking the headwaters will make a gaper out of anyone, especially me. haha, almost lost a pole up there at least once.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Bros picked the wrong aspect early season:

wtf^^^ that's all I can say what were these guys geared for...hopefully some type of joke

I'm the gaper on this one...

I'm on a triple with my 7 year old. A single patroler joins us. The patroler turns to my daughter and says "Oh it's so great that you are wearing a helmet" and proceeds to make a big deal out of how important helmets are and then she gives her a free 6" Subway coupon for being a helmet wearer.

Sweeet!

Daughter says thank you.

I point out to the troller that I am also wearing a helmet.

Patroler says "good for you".

Hey, I tried...

Back when I was swingin' chairs:
    A young girl in line shouts to me "how far is the drop?"
    me "the drop?"
    girl "yeah, how far do I have to jump down at the top?"
    (Holy shit she thinks she has to bail out off the chair, I thought)
    me "30 feet"
    girl "oh hell no" as she started to unstrap
    me "Im only joking, but you may want to hit up the ropetow"

Coming from Spruce, going over to Mansfield on the "over-easy" crossing gondolda that takes you from peak-peak.
    Some heavy guy gets in with us, on Rental Ski's at about 3pm

Have you guys ski'd Nosedive today?
    Me: No, we've been mostly on chin-clip

The Gondola unloads, and we get back in line for the Gondola that goes up mansfield.

Same guy loads in with us.

Studies a trail map for 5 minutes.
    Turns to me...

Have you guys ski'd Nosedive yet today?
    Me: No, we've been mostly on chin-clip.
    Skiing made me Board

granite peak, wi this weekend

crappy phone pics, but gaper 1 had his jeans tucked into rear-entry boots on olins...

gaper 2 was wearing cargo shorts w/ski socks riding k2's from the 80's...later saw him taking a 10 footer in the park, leading to a double ejection...

Quote Originally Posted by heferly View Post
    crappy phone pics, but gaper 1 had his jeans tucked into rear-entry boots on olins...]
    That joke is played-out....

Skiing made me Board

^^with hunting hat and neon jacket? i couldn't help but laugh...

behind a camera, making other people look good
    lady on lift: so, i hope you dont mind me asking, but does your helmet make you go faster because it has a visor?

she was serious too.