Page 134 of 472 FirstFirst ... 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 ... LastLast
Results 3,326 to 3,350 of 11780
    Well, apparently, if you still think it's the 1960's, that's where all the gossip happens.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

overheard on lift: "our neighbor is a dentist. he skis all the time. or hes off all the time. i dont get it"

so what mag is the neighbor?

Quote Originally Posted by Lelandjt View Post
    My girlfriend just got back from the Breck City Market with this gem: A large group of 2 families was standing in front of the dish soap chatting and she had to say multiple "excuse me's" and elbow through to get some soap. One of the mothers seemed annoyed at being interrupted and said, "You'd think in a grocery store there'd be some place to stand around and talk."
    Why?????
    I loathe going into that place when it's busy. Entire families standing around clogging up the aisles, trying to decide what they want. Arrrgghhh.....
    Old's Cool.

^That's why I make the girlfriend go She's about to get promoted.

*The dish soap was to wash my dirtbike for an upcoming Moab trip

Not really a quote, but when I was in Jackson a couple weeks ago I witnessed quite a gem.
    We were in one of the gift shops in town on a hunt for christmas presents when two guys walk in fully decked out in western-wear. Each of them were sporting a brand new large brim cowboy hat, wrangler jeans, snake skin boots, race-fit spyder jackets, and speaking french...
    The thing that really caught my eye though was that one of them was sporting gaiters over his cowboy boots.

I should add that on opening weekend at Lookout Pass, I kept bitching to my friend about the lift stopping and starting. I don't really think it was people having trouble, I think a lot of it may have been power or other kinks just getting worked out.
    I literally said "How fucking hard is it to stand up and sit down? I have never stopped the lift. Ever. Not even as a little kid."
    No long after, I proceeded to space and stop the lift. hahahaha. What a douche.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Ape_Natural View Post
    Not really a quote, but when I was in Jackson a couple weeks ago I witnessed quite a gem.
    We were in one of the gift shops in town on a hunt for christmas presents when two guys walk in fully decked out in western-wear. Each of them were sporting a brand new large brim cowboy hat, wrangler jeans, snake skin boots, race-fit spyder jackets, and speaking french...
    The thing that really caught my eye though was that one of them was sporting gaiters over his cowboy boots.

Found this in the parking lot at northstar

So at Baker this weekend (which was awesome!) with the girlfriend and we're skating up to the chair while two young girls, about 12 years old, are nervously waiting to load. We figure it's a quad so we skate right next to them to share the ride up.

One of them now looks really nervous and says to her friend "oh no, do we have to go with 4 people or can we go with 2 so I don't take someone out again?"

I encourage them to take the chair on their own, we'll wait for the next one.

Gotta commend the little ones acknowledgment of being a total newb and genuine concern for people's safety.

that's called a newb, not a gaper. Good for her.
    No longer stuck.

jgb@etree Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude Bro View Post
    Found this in the parking lot at northstar
    Wow. Sideways & latching to different sides. Didn't know anyone could be dumber than this guy:

Quote Originally Posted by jgb@etree View Post
    I saw something today that underscores the fine line between idoiocy and brilliance.

I'd like to meet the driver for a quick interview to determine which it is, although I strongly suspect it's the 1st option. I suppose it is possible that the guy actually thought about this and decided not to drop a couple hundred $ on crossbars.....

As seen in a parking garage at Okemo today:

Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot?!?!

Lots of excellent posts today.

This is more of a newb thing, but it made me laugh. Riding up a lift today, I see a guy looking at a tree well with a snowboard upside down on the lip. I hear the guy say "You've got to learn to go back and forth." From down in the tree well I hear someone say "I know."

So my friend, who is a new business owner, was talking to her part-time neighbor, who only lives in town a few months a year. Neighbor was asking about what Local's specials were going to offered, and started throwing out ideas for various things to give away for free. Friend's response was that during the offseasons they will be offering various discounts and special events. Neighbor gets a little irritated and exclaims, "Well what about those of us who aren't here the entire year?". Friend's response, "Well, maybe that means you're not a local if you're not here all year". It should also be noted that Neighbor is very vocal about things that should be done to the condo complex that he doesn't occupy all year. To each their own; at least it gives us a chuckle.
    I think the potato gun proved the stability.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Lots of excellent posts today.

This is more of a newb thing, but it made me laugh. Riding up a lift today, I see a guy looking at a tree well with a snowboard upside down on the lip. I hear the guy say "You've got to learn to go back and forth." From down in the tree well I hear someone say "I know."
    There's enough snow somewhere for there to be treewells?

Wow. Sideways & latching to different sides. Didn't know anyone could be dumber than this guy:
    Cracks me up that they can shell out for a Sequoia/Volvo but can't find money in the budget for crossbars...

After what can best be described as a tumble on to the lift:

Guy #1: We don't really know how to ski.
    Me: Yeah. I can see that.
    Guy #2: *laughs* We just drove in from Iowa today.
    Guy #1: It's flat there. No skiing. Just corn fields.

Guy #1: My shins hurt!
    Me: Did you tuck your pants into your boots?
    Guy #1: Well, I'm wearing three pairs of pants... But yeah, I think one or two are tucked in there.
    Maybe if you took your headphones out, you'd realize the girl next to you on the lift is hitting on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bottleman View Post
    There's enough snow somewhere for there to be treewells?
    New Mexico.

gaper comes up to me noticing I work at the mountain, we got about 6 inches of snow that day...

Gaper: I think there's something wrong with my skis, they won't slide in this soft stuff (she was on a totally flat traverse)
    Me: I don't think it's your skis (and then point at a 10 yr old in a lesson ripping it up)
    Me: He's not having any trouble

Quote Originally Posted by ODHGABFE View Post
    So my friend, who is a new business owner, was talking to her part-time neighbor, who only lives in town a few months a year. Neighbor was asking about what Local's specials were going to offered, and started throwing out ideas for various things to give away for free. Friend's response was that during the offseasons they will be offering various discounts and special events. Neighbor gets a little irritated and exclaims, "Well what about those of us who aren't here the entire year?". Friend's response, "Well, maybe that means you're not a local if you're not here all year". It should also be noted that Neighbor is very vocal about things that should be done to the condo complex that he doesn't occupy all year. To each their own; at least it gives us a chuckle.
    My wife runs her own business and gets second homeowners asking about 'locals discounts' all the time.

Cracks me up that they can shell out for a Sequoia/Volvo but can't find money in the budget for crossbars...
    Haha the one i posted actually had factory crossbars

Have you ever noticed that it's always the nOObs and second home owners that dare to ask for "local" discounts?! Just ask to see where drivers license says that they live. Or ask them who the mayor is. This usually shuts them down pretty quick!
    Leave No Turn Unstoned!

Heard at Mt. Southington tonight: "I waxed my board for like 4 hours last night. I think its gonna help."
    It's not tragic to die doing what you love.
    http://www.flickr.com/pearljam09/
    http://pearljam09.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by PearlJam09 View Post
    Heard at Mt. Southington tonight: "I waxed my board for like 4 hours last night. I think its gonna help."
    Hope that he/she was using the special "jumping wax" I used to sell Southington skiers back in my Alpine Haus days.

"I can ski all of the black diamonds at Southington and Powder Ridge and I love airs, what kind of wax do I need?"

Me: "See Rick at the front desk - he'll point out our special jumping wax."

Three hours later, I saw the same kid heelslipping down Dom's Way....
    All that waxing seems like it didn't improve his riding.
    It's not tragic to die doing what you love.
    http://www.flickr.com/pearljam09/
    http://pearljam09.blogspot.com/

I like how they did it when I lived in summit county, CO. Extent of "locals discount" depends on your goggle tan in the winter and farmer's tan in the summer. If that shit is deeply burned in, you are a local. If your face is just burned red, like from that day and your eyes are white you are a tourist. Pretty simple.