Page 353 of 472 FirstFirst ... 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 ... LastLast
Results 8,801 to 8,825 of 11780
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Didn't get a picture, but nothing screams Gaper More than a grown man coming down to breakfast at the Inn wearing a hat with goggles on the forehead. Extra points for the Extreme Snowboarding t-shirt.
    Maybe he was spelunking all night...

Up at Baker last weekend i overheard some maybe 6 year old ripper look up at his dad and say "daddy is it okay to call them knuckle draggers?"

I laughed pretty hard at that one.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Back in my room/bag/car... when im coming downstairs to eat breakfast. Sounds like guy was in normal "just woke up" clothes and had moseyed down the stairs from his room for breakfast, but just to make sure he and everyone knew what he was there for, he made sure to wear his Extreme Snowboarding T-shirt, with a beanie and goggles.

I bet he stomped a sweet imaginary pillow line down those stairs though (as a full grown man i still do this sometimes too. Its fun. sue me.).
    Maybe he didn't want to head back up to his room after breakfast? Benny never said if he had his jacket and snowpants or not.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

" Im not drunk enough to hit that"

Not some cougar in a bar but some nameless feature on the mountain. Late 20s...

3:09 pm, 21 minutes before lift closes today. Chick skis up to the scanner guy "Can you scan my pass through my jacket?" At ABasin, where they only have barcode scanners... WtF? Did you just get here? You are seriously just figuring this season pass shit out 21 minutes before lift closes?

Meanwhile I'm trying to get scanned and get on the lift for as many laps as possible so I'm a dick and just ski past them.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    3:09 pm, 21 minutes before lift closes today. Chick skis up to the scanner guy "Can you scan my pass through my jacket?" At ABasin, where they only have barcode scanners... WtF? Did you just get here? You are seriously just figuring this season pass shit out 21 minutes before lift closes?

Meanwhile I'm trying to get scanned and get on the lift for as many laps as possible so I'm a dick and just ski past them.
    I have no qualms about skiing past the bar code scanner guy if he's scanning someone else if the lift line is open ahead. The scanners don't seem to mind. Resorts that feel they have to scan every pass every run annoy me (Sugar Bowl, I'm talking about you), especially when the scanner stands too far from the loading bar, so you can't keep up momentum up to the chair.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I have no qualms about skiing past the bar code scanner guy if he's scanning someone else if the lift line is open ahead. The scanners don't seem to mind. Resorts that feel they have to scan every pass every run annoy me (Sugar Bowl, I'm talking about you), especially when the scanner stands too far from the loading bar, so you can't keep up momentum up to the chair.
    Yeah, these guys usually stop around 3pm anyway but I think they were training. Seemed like a rookie crew today. Another lifty snarked at me for skiing where she had already raked. I rolled my eyes and said "Then rake it again". I was in a mood.

If she's an Epic holder, that's pretty much how it works at Stowe. It's pretty easy. All the Ikon hills are easy, too, here. I'm irritated at this point that a human has to point a devise at my sleeve, instead if my going through a gate. I had a snippy altercation with a Stowe slacker yesterday who thought it was not ok for me to go by him while he was bro-ing with his bro device pointer bro as I skied by with my arm out. Dude, you are millimeters away from being replaced by a robot and washing dishes or cleaning shit at night. Don't get in my face, young man.

If she's an Epic holder, that's pretty much how it works at Stowe. It's pretty easy. All the Ikon hills are easy, too, here. I'm irritated at this point that a human has to point a devise at my sleeve, instead if my going through a gate. I had a snippy altercation with a Stowe slacker yesterday who thought it was not ok for me to go by him while he was bro-ing with his bro device pointer bro as I skied by with my arm out. Dude, you are millimeters away from being replaced by a robot and washing dishes or cleaning shit at night. Don't get in my face, young man.
    Yeah, even at places with RFID gates there's a lift op with a tablet verifying passholders' identities--soon to be replaced by facial recognition software. Or, since most passholders don't wash their ski clothes very often--odor recognition software.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	49759157_2149294495091874_5643970816631635968.jpeg 
Views:	364 
Size:	173.9 KB 
ID:	263965
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

i told my dad to stay home, dammit!

"we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up"
    mike tyson

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Yeah, even at places with RFID gates there's a lift op with a tablet verifying passholders' identities...soon to be replaced by facial recognition software...
    Nah, not with buffs, helmets, and googles everywhere.
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalNomad View Post
    Nah, not with buffs, helmets, and googles everywhere.
    They told the Wright brothers it wouldn't work too.

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Name:  37912AE1-8B30-4E20-B90D-0B7FF6B34791.jpeg
Views: 897
Size:  66.3 KB

They were correct.... wilber limped for the rest of his life from this landing. He fared better than Lt. Thomas Selfridge who died of a cracked skull thereby becoming the first aircraft crash related death......

now you know.

Almost every Epic resort has RFID except Abasin. They refuse to upgrade. It is kinda funny, because they've been pumping a lot of money into the place in recent years but refuse to upgrade their scanners. But it can cause constant clusterfucks and some bitching and moaning by people who can't seem to understand that they can't scan through clothing. WTF? Did you gapers not ski before 2010? Have you been through the self scan line at the grocery store? It is called a bar code.

Which at the moment is very outdated technology. Blame Abasin. I like to wear my bar code pass in a clear plastic armband holder, and those stupid scanners always have a problem seeing through the plastic if there is even a hint of snow in the air. Furgetabout a storm.

On another note, I refused to download their stupid App the other day when a CSR was answering a question about something or other. I've heard that they have used the app to track closed trail offenders, and just imagine if you are involved in an, ahem, incident on the hill and you just gave their lawyers a lot of data to work with.
    That's what those scanner bros and broettes are doing, anyway. Collecting data. Every now and then they nail a scofflaw.

Almost every Epic resort has RFID except Abasin. They refuse to upgrade. It is kinda funny, because they've been pumping a lot of money into the place in recent years but refuse to upgrade their scanners. But it can cause constant clusterfucks and some bitching and moaning by people who can't seem to understand that they can't scan through clothing. WTF? Did you gapers not ski before 2010? Have you been through the self scan line at the grocery store? It is called a bar code.
    Have you not skied before 1980? Passholders were identified by their picture. Day tickets had a letter code of the day and were punched once, for some reason I forget. You showed how cool you were by how many day tickets were dangling from your jacket. Only rich people had passes.

Here I am skiing back in the day
    Name:  vikings.jpg
Views: 806
Size:  120.8 KB

Pffft. Fancy hats, fella. Our parents made us make our own skis from trees we cut down, and skins from the wild bears we had to wrestle and kill. Then we skied to school for ten miles through the woods. Uphill. Both ways.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181114_182434.png 
Views:	195 
Size:	40.4 KB 
ID:	264060
    Bennys high school race team photo.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Jonesy did all that and played saxophone
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

"I skied Park City" .....

babbling, intoxicated woman at 49N today;
    she double ejected in front of me so i stopped to help;
    she COULD NOT line up her skis and get back into her binders;
    two volunteer patrollers happened by and actually had to place her boots into the bindings.
    after that, the 'trollers turned and began scolding me for bringing her up;
    i set them straight in no uncertain terms ....

"we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up"
    mike tyson

No quotes but.... fucking hell Xtal was a gaper shitshow today. Parking lots full. 9000 guests was the rumor.

And I'm a gaper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    No quotes but.... fucking hell Xtal was a gaper shitshow today. Parking lots full. 9000 guests was the rumor.

And I'm a gaper.
    The padded seats had room to spare
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

I saw an old dude at the demo tent today with a “80+ Ski Club” patch happily chatting up the techs about the 2019 skis

Dude was not a gaper, and not an old fuck either

props to that dude