Page 324 of 472 FirstFirst ... 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 ... LastLast
Results 8,076 to 8,100 of 11780
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    That may have been true before, now we have the Manchurian candidate for President and 1/3 of the population is too dumb to realize it.
    Manchurian Candidate--that's a good one.

Best Gaper qoute of the weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by counterfeitfake View Post
    I think Americans sound pretty stupid when they act like they know what it would be like to be invaded.
    They also seem to forget our record for winning wars isn’t very good
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Quote Originally Posted by counterfeitfake View Post
    I think Americans sound pretty stupid when they act like they know what it would be like to be invaded.
    Oh, we've been invaded by foreign governments alright.

Yes, I know, they used net bots and digital media. But does the lack of guns and bombs really matter when they successfully installed the imbecile inhabiting the Oval Office and created a dysfunctional and corrupt government more intent on maintaining their hold on power than doing anything meaningful for the average American? To be fair, I place the blame squarely on the shoulders of the American public who allowed it to happen and even cheered it on.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    I love a good French surrender joke, but I always find it kind of ironic as well since without the French and Lafayette in particular we would still be singing God Save the Queen. We wouldn't exist as a country without them.

It was a pretty interesting bit of political jujitsu for the Brits and and Landed Gentry here to convince everyone the country we just broke from was our true friend.
    It's easier to be friends with the Brits than to learn another language.

I hung out with a random argie last night. It was so great to break out and brush up on the espa for an hour or so.

He was shocked and exclaimed that he couldn't believe that I knew his country better than he did.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by goldengarbageman View Post
    I am a member of a search and rescue group and on a mission into a sled zone to look for some stranded sledders we came across a RCMP (Canadian Police) vehicle stuck nearly a kilometre up a groomed sled trail. The officer thought he would drive 50+ km up a logging road and then drive up a sled trail in the middle of the night to rescue these sledders. Thankfully he became stuck before the avy paths on that trail considering the next morning we witnessed multiple sz3 natural avys on those paths. He will never live that one down.
    Hahaha, this is fucking amazing. Recent transfer to the Golden detachment from the flatlands?

Quote Originally Posted by AweShuksan View Post
    Oh, we've been invaded by foreign governments alright.

Yes, I know, they used net bots and digital media. But does the lack of guns and bombs really matter when they successfully installed the imbecile inhabiting the Oval Office and created a dysfunctional and corrupt government more intent on maintaining their hold on power than doing anything meaningful for the average American? To be fair, I place the blame squarely on the shoulders of the American public who allowed it to happen and even cheered it on.
    To be fair we've been in a shitshow for a long time in the political arena....

Quote Originally Posted by goldengarbageman View Post
    I am a member of a search and rescue group and on a mission into a sled zone to look for some stranded sledders we came across a RCMP (Canadian Police) vehicle stuck nearly a kilometre up a groomed sled trail. The officer thought he would drive 50+ km up a logging road and then drive up a sled trail in the middle of the night to rescue these sledders. Thankfully he became stuck before the avy paths on that trail considering the next morning we witnessed multiple sz3 natural avys on those paths. He will never live that one down.
    Canadian high speed police chase:

Not a quote but an observation. What's with the tips forward in the roof rack so they catch gravel, mag chloride and salt thing this season? It's always been tips rearward to minimize crap catching.

^^I do this on my car so there is less ski hanging out the back so my hatch can open. Road dreck gets all over no matter which way.

Quote Originally Posted by goldengatestinx View Post
    Not a quote but an observation. What's with the tips forward in the roof rack so they catch gravel, mag chloride and salt thing this season? It's always been tips rearward to minimize crap catching.
    What's with having skis on top of your car? I think it's a location specific thing. You almost never see it in California - comparatively speaking - because if you do your skis and bindings will be a mess. Back of the car or in a box, which makes sense to me regardless of location.

Quote Originally Posted by goldengatestinx View Post
    With tail rocker it doesn’t make much difference.
    It is near impossible to find a binding cover anymore.
    Yes, cartop sucks.

I made a general comment about how busy it was to a buddy while standing in the mess at the base of 4 at Loveland yesterday. Dude in front of us wearing some slick shades, no helmet, and some sort of Saga button up jacket turns around and proudly states: "It's not us bro. I live here and I have a pass!"

Pretty sure 95% of the people up there yesterday fit the I live here+pass description.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    What's with having skis on top of your car? I think it's a location specific thing. You almost never see it in California - comparatively speaking - because if you do your skis and bindings will be a mess. Back of the car or in a box, which makes sense to me regardless of location.

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    Yes, cartop sucks.
    Agreed on all points but it's the only way that works when carpooling and I don't have a roof box, and if I did it wouldn't fit in my garage.

Quote Originally Posted by rocca View Post
    I made a general comment about how busy it was to a buddy while standing in the mess at the base of 4 at Loveland yesterday. Dude in front of us wearing some slick shades, no helmet, and some sort of Saga button up jacket turns around and proudly states: "It's not us bro. I live here and I have a pass!"

Pretty sure 95% of the people up there yesterday fit the I live here+pass description.
    Whether or not--anyone who complains about how busy someplace is while they're there is a gaper and an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Whether or not--anyone who complains about how busy someplace is while they're there is a gaper and an idiot.
    Ha! Thanks for the recognition old goat. I wont argue that I'm not an idiot, but maybe you should work on making small talk. Could help you be less ornery off the internet than you are on it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using TGR Forums mobile app

Best Gaper qoute of the weekend?

Fuck small talk. Why do I want to have some stupid conversation about nothing with some random gaper?

Gaper: yammer yammer yammer
    Me: do I know you?
    Gaper: no
    Me: ok good let’s keep it that way
    Gaper:.....
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by rocca View Post
    Ha! Thanks for the recognition old goat. I wont argue that I'm not an idiot, but maybe you should work on making small talk. Could help you be less ornery off the internet than you are on it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using TGR Forums mobile app
    Oh, I'm fine with the small talk off the internet--unlike "mikey b" (why the quotes mikey?) when I'm on a lift with someone who comments on the beautiful weather, when it hasn't snowed in 3 weeks and there's more brown showing than white--I just pleasantly agree. I have told people complaining about the crowds that they are just as much a part of the crowd as everyone else but I don't generally call them idiots--to their face at least. My apologies.

Did I use “quotes”?

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    Fuck small talk. Why do I want to have some stupid conversation about nothing with some random gaper?

Gaper: yammer yammer yammer
    Me: do I know you?
    Gaper: no
    Me: ok good let’s keep it that way
    Gaper:.....
    Wow so you are just an asshole

No not JUST an asshole. But as I’ve said before, my reputation as an asshole is well established, well documented, and well deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    Did I use “quotes”?
    Oops. No, it's a little wiggly thing--the approximately sign I think, whatever it's called. Shoulda worn my glasses.
    So why the little wiggly thing? Are you approximately mikey? Approximately an asshole? (With a heart of gold, I'm sure).

It’s just what I’ve used for an email signature for awhile. No real meaning.

I kind of like the approximately mikey thing.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Oops. No, it's a little wiggly thing--the approximately sign I think, whatever it's called. Shoulda worn my glasses.
    So why the little wiggly thing? Are you approximately mikey? Approximately an asshole? (With a heart of gold, I'm sure).

( let's hope his Mom did not actually name him (quotes) mikey ( close quotes )

" Hey ! mikey ! He Likes it ! "

. . . hang in there, ~mikey b

: D

tj
    " ... I will do anything to go Skiing ... There Is no pride ... " (Miriam , 2005-2006 epic)

Dec21, 2016. LittleBigLost :
    " I think about it everyday. It is my reminder to live life to the fullest. I get up early, go to bed late, 'cuz I got shit to do. Like I said, I'm 61. Not going to wait till I'm 81 to do stuff, ...

Get out there and do stuff!

Enjoy life to the fullest!!

See you on the slopes! "