Page 221 of 472 FirstFirst ... 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 ... LastLast
Results 5,501 to 5,525 of 11780
    Like cutting though the ski school line ahead of everyone with my posse. Or walk over the deck cause her boards in the way.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

I don't get many chances to add to this, but I saw this today at Jackson:

She walked over there, and walked further, then walked back.

That's her kid playing with the poles. That lady sitting on the bench looked up, saw what was going on, and gave one of the cartooniest "WTF?!" looks I've ever seen in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
    I don't get many chances to add to this, but I saw this today at Jackson:

She walked over there, and walked further, then walked back.

That's her kid playing with the poles. That lady sitting on the bench looked up, saw what was going on, and gave one of the cartooniest "WTF?!" looks I've ever seen in real life.
    S.P.O.R.E. ....stupid people on rental equipment. They don't give a Fuck about their gear. And they're morons
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Seen on the whiteboard for lift 4 at Taos today:

"Please do not spit your tobacco on the ramp!"

... guess whose Spring Break it is...

I got this beauty last Wednesday at the BirdClick image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1425963285.326569.jpg 
Views:	784 
Size:	485.3 KB 
ID:	165020
    I ended up riding the lift with him later in the day and he was a super chill homie. But still dressed like a gaper

Not a gaper quote and perhaps a large amount of gnar points but I think it is a story worth telling here.

Riding up chair 6 @ Kirkwood mid week and notice the solo snowboarder on the char ahead of moving about strangely. Then much to our surprise he let forth a golden stream that touched the snow below him. He then strapped in on the chair and was gone!

Pissing of the chair anyone?

Cheers!

Yeah spring break in full effect. Witnessed every hot springs rule get broken the other night. Ever notice that "my bad" has replaced "sorry" in the brobrah culture?

Quote Originally Posted by Newsance View Post
    Seen on the whiteboard for lift 4 at Taos today:

"Please do not spit your tobacco on the ramp!"

... guess whose Spring Break it is...
    A guy at A-Basin with a puddle of spit at his feet on the deck Sunday. Poor manners.

It's really nice living in MT. Hahaha, your lives are soooo hard.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by bikeorski View Post
    I got this beauty last Wednesday at the BirdClick image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1425963285.326569.jpg 
Views:	784 
Size:	485.3 KB 
ID:	165020
    I ended up riding the lift with him later in the day and he was a super chill homie. But still dressed like a gaper
    Looks like Slaag got a haircut and a new sweater.

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    S.P.O.R.E. ....stupid people on rental equipment. They don't give a Fuck about their gear. And they're morons
    Yet there is a whole culture out there that think nothing of sliding on metal rails. Some actually think it's pretty cool. Almost as cool as a radical twister spread.

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Who would rent that kid poles that long?

Quote Originally Posted by b0ardski View Post
    I do like the idea of a sign that just says "hey you, ya you. You're not good enough to ski here".
    me likey
    How about this sign that was atop of big chute at crested butte last year:

Quote Originally Posted by skiracer88_00 View Post
    How about this sign that was atop of big chute at crested butte last year:

haha That's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Strokes View Post
    Not a gaper quote and perhaps a large amount of gnar points but I think it is a story worth telling here.

Riding up chair 6 @ Kirkwood mid week and notice the solo snowboarder on the char ahead of moving about strangely. Then much to our surprise he let forth a golden stream that touched the snow below him. He then strapped in on the chair and was gone!

Pissing of the chair anyone?

Cheers!
    Check out Jerry of the Day today. Photo of this exact thing.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    haha That's awesome.
    That's legit at CB. My first run ever on North face led to Phoenix/Spellbound and to the trees skiers left of the last steep before the trail out at the bottom. I saw a little sign nailed to a tree that said "cliffs". I thought "sounds like fun" but the guy I was with pussed out. When I got to the bottom I looked up and saw about 100' of not quite vertical completely unskiable mank (I'm sure with more snow someone could ski it). I would have cried had I got to the top of it. I think it's called dead end chutes, it's over by body bag. The names should have clued me in.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1426080023.755975.jpg 
Views:	314 
Size:	145.3 KB 
ID:	165081

Haha, I got married right there. No warning signs that day.

Here's what they put in the tram line at Big Sky to warn gapers on slide-for-life days. Doesn't seem to work much though.

RE: Self-Arrest
    Last Saturday, last run at Snowbird, a stranger & I helped a woman deliver her guy-friend's pair of double-ejected skis to the guy 450 vertical ft below. The guy couldn't self-arrest and slid down Harper's Ferry groomer for 450 of the 670 vert ft of Wilbere chairlift---even the flat cat-track portion didn't stop him. At the bottom, the guy was unharmed, and he seemed so genuinely stoked about the whole thing, that I almost want to start ending every ski day that way, trying to progress my personal best for long-distance "falls"...or just for G.N.A.R. points, or to determine who is buying at the bar. (...but I guess someone in your crew must abstain and deliver your ejected skis.)

Anyway, what's the most helpful self-arrest phrase I can yell to a gaper who is mid-slide inbounds in USA? I don't know all their new "pizza" / "french fries" lingo.

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

Quote Originally Posted by GPP33 View Post
    That's legit at CB. My first run ever on North face led to Phoenix/Spellbound and to the trees skiers left of the last steep before the trail out at the bottom. I saw a little sign nailed to a tree that said "cliffs". I thought "sounds like fun" but the guy I was with pussed out. When I got to the bottom I looked up and saw about 100' of not quite vertical completely unskiable mank (I'm sure with more snow someone could ski it). I would have cried had I got to the top of it. I think it's called dead end chutes, it's over by body bag. The names should have clued me in.
    The sign at Solitude by the Milk Run gate (warning trail-map readers not to try to shortcut to the summit lift without forewarning) is something similar / appropriate as well

Guy riding the lift the other day, from Texas, in a bright orange/yellow fart bag, tells me that my skis "probably can't carve worth a damn"

Quote Originally Posted by mbillie1 View Post
    Guy riding the lift the other day, from Texas, in a bright orange/yellow fart bag, tells me that my skis "probably can't carve worth a damn"
    Were you riding your blue skis? The red ones are for carving

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    Were you riding your blue skis? The red ones are for carving
    Best part was this guy was on rental-shop Elan's, lol

^^^ I love how I get comments from fartbags about my 108 width daily drivers "whoa, you waterski with those?" "I bet my GS skis carve better than those" "can you ski groomers with those?"