Page 314 of 471 FirstFirst ... 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 ... LastLast
Results 7,826 to 7,850 of 11762
    Quote Originally Posted by PNW_Skier206 View Post
    Yeah I get that but I don’t think a lot of old K2s with demo bindings are getting stolen

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Those look like nice carbon poles. Maybe it's the poles he was worrying about being stolen. Or maybe you're taking this a little too seriously.
    Last edited by old goat; 01-14-2018 at 09:49 AM.

We are used to seeing plenty of visitors to the local XC center in full blown downhill clothing. Yesterday I saw multiple folks wearing goggles. One guy in particular was dressed like he was riding the lifts, including goggles AND a helmet! As we zipped past, he said something to the effect of 'this is much harder than it looks'.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    We are used to seeing plenty of visitors to the local XC center in full blown downhill clothing. Yesterday I saw multiple folks wearing goggles. One guy in particular was dressed like he was riding the lifts, including goggles AND a helmet! As we zipped past, he said something to the effect of 'this is much harder than it looks'.
    Was xc skiing at Green Lakes State Park yesterday and saw a woman wearing a helmet with an Alta sticker on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnF View Post
    Was xc skiing at Green Lakes State Park yesterday and saw a woman wearing a helmet with an Alta sticker on it.
    When i purchased my xc rig at the bargain ski place they asked if i needed a helmet and googles to go with it.

???
    27° 18°

i always wear a helmet and goggles when XC skiing. THat shit is dangerous! Trying to scuttle about on those skinny sticks, i'm bound to fall down and whack my head on a tree.
    smile when you are going down, it looks more graceful
    dobish.blogspot.com Dynafit & O1 Adapter or AXL/2nd Ski Kit Sandwich Blog

I may have been the gaper this weekend. My son and I were at Beaver Creek, and were taking a break so we went to the newly named "Cookie Cabin". We were denied cookies and hot chocolate.... being told " This is a service only for people taking lessons".

The woman behind the counter seemed nice enough, but not able to respond to my "Well.. I'm teaching him how to ski, give me a cookie and a hot chocolate"

This might be the first place my son has been asked to leave.... not bad for a 7 year old.

That's better than people wearing full blown XC clothes at the dowhill area. The helmet and goggles are funny, or maybe they just don't own fuzzy hats and needed something to keep their heads warm. : )
    Quote Originally Posted by iceclimb View Post
    I may have been the gaper this weekend. My son and I were at Beaver Creek, and were taking a break so we went to the newly named "Cookie Cabin". We were denied cookies and hot chocolate.... being told " This is a service only for people taking lessons".

The woman behind the counter seemed nice enough, but not able to respond to my "Well.. I'm teaching him how to ski, give me a cookie and a hot chocolate"

This might be the first place my son has been asked to leave.... not bad for a 7 year old.
    You're not the gaper. Beaver Creek is the gaper. I mean--who can deny a 7 year old a cookie?

That cookie costs $700.

Quote Originally Posted by Skistack View Post
    That cookie costs $700.

And don't forget to tip.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I couldn't disagree more. The only people skinning up a ski hill during operating hours are fucking idiots. All of them. They deserve all the ridicule and spray I can unleash. It's akin to taking a unicycle on the autobahn going the wrong way. This is why people roll coal.
    zing
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    That's better than people wearing full blown XC clothes at the dowhill area. The helmet and goggles are funny, or maybe they just don't own fuzzy hats and needed something to keep their heads warm. : )
    Most folks at the downhill area in spandex crank!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mikaela-shiffrin-wins-first-fis-overall-season-title.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	240.4 KB 
ID:	221412

Red Skis = Obviously good skier.
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

I can imagine what Moms reply is to getting 86 @ the Cookie Cabin.
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

not a quote but walking up the village noticed a rare sighting, the elusive monoskier...

i quietly pointed it out to andrew without disturbing it, and he whispered "notice the exposed calves- this is a very special sighting"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8391.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	341.3 KB 
ID:	221447
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by iceclimb View Post
    Should have gone to the "candy cabin" then. Rookie mistake, Dad.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

You’re still taking girls to the “roofie cabin”?
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnF View Post
    Maybe they are on anticoagulation ...You never know. Nothing wrong with safety first, minus the full ensemble for downhill

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

So if I ever decide to rent some XC skis I need go buy spandex too? I can’t just wear the only real snow clothes I have? I didn’t know they could only be used for downhill. What about snowshoes? Is there something I need to wear for them too? Can you please reference a guide for me so I know the proper costume to wear for XC should I ever decide to do it?

Quote Originally Posted by GPP33 View Post
    So if I ever decide to rent some XC skis I need go buy spandex too? I can’t just wear the only real snow clothes I have? I didn’t know they could only be used for downhill. What about snowshoes? Is there something I need to wear for them too? Can you please reference a guide for me so I know the proper costume to wear for XC should I ever decide to do it?
    Don't need any costume. DH clothing would be way too warm.

Sent from my SM-N920V using TGR Forums mobile app

jeans and flannel's all you need
    embrace the gape
    and believe

So if I ever decide to rent some downhill skis I need go buy goretex too? I can’t just wear the only real jeans I have? I didn’t know they could only be used for work. What about snowshoes? Is there something I need to wear for them too? Can you please reference a guide for me so I know the proper costume to wear for downhill should I ever decide to do it?

Quote Originally Posted by GPP33 View Post
    Enjoy trying an aerobic sport with multiple insulation layers, a helmet, and goggles on. I expect you might say 'this is much harder than it looks' after a few K.

Enjoy trying an aerobic sport with multiple insulation layers, a helmet, and goggles on. I expect you might say 'this is much harder than it looks' after a few K.
    Sooooo basically you are skinning... but slightly more vigorously than normal... but on a relatively flat, buffed and groomed trail that is also wide. And that requires a whole different get-up than what you would typically wear on the up while skinning?

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Sooooo basically you are skinning... but slightly more vigorously than normal... but on a relatively flat, buffed and groomed trail that is also wide. And that requires a whole different get-up than what you would typically wear on the up while skinning?
    No. Just less clothes. Do you skin with helmet and goggles? Would you go running in the winter in a down sweater and full Goretex?

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Yes, have you ever been xc skiing, skate or classic? Unless it's really cold, bike shorts or tights and jersey would be more appropriate than gear you would wear for ski touring let alone downhill garb. Think of it this way, in cold temps would you wear the same thing going for a hike as you would for a trail run?