Page 207 of 472 FirstFirst ... 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 ... LastLast
Results 5,151 to 5,175 of 11780
    Quote Originally Posted by peck257 View Post
    Now strap a rocket to that thing and you might have something....

http://www.skinet.com/skiing/ridgway.../flaming-idiot

Wish I could find a video
    A CJ trolling for attention. Amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by GPP33 View Post
    Teenager.
    Could go either way there.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Went out this morning to shred some magic carpet with my kids and, it being a holiday week, needles to say I heard a bunch of gems around the bunny hill. My favorite was the guy who, while standing at the bottom of a 100' long carpet, said, "I wonder how the conditions are up there," as if he was about to load the Telepherique de l'Aiguille du Midi

at snowbird today on chairlift "yeah i think i like copper mountain more than here, theres more blue trails"

You can be an intermediate skier without being a gaper.

I work in a rental shop, at least 10 times a day people refer to the poles as sticks. Nope, they are poles.

I think management threw them out since last year but at one point we actually had a pair of sticks with grips and baskets on them, priceless when we gave them to people.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    I work in a rental shop, at least 10 times a day people refer to the poles as sticks. Nope, they are poles.

I think management threw them out since last year but at one point we actually had a pair of sticks with grips and baskets on them, priceless when we gave them to people.
    I usually refer to my skis as sticks.

Edit: you guys had bamboo rental poles?

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    You can be an intermediate skier without being a gaper.
    if someone can only ski groomers they are beginner not intermediate, i dont care what JONG puts "intermediate" on blue trails. you think someone is expert just cause they can ski a double black? LOL nope. there are double blacks in the midwest that are easier than snowbird's main green, its all subjective... what "intermediate" really means on blue square signs is "intermediate subjective to our other designated rated trails", not "intermediate skiers can ski this but nothing more difficult than this"

but yes a beginner can be a beginner without being a gaper... but then wtf why were they at snowbird, the steepest ski area in north america and one of the three gnarliest ski mountains in north america? but yep maybe they werent gapers, it doesnt mean its not a gaper quote. if they said it someplace else that would be fine but it sounded like a gaper quote to me because it was said at a mountain as gnarly as snowbird

Quote Originally Posted by gnarhucker View Post
    if someone can only ski groomers they are beginner not intermediate, i dont care what JONG puts "intermediate" on blue trails. you think someone is expert just cause they can ski a double black? LOL nope. there are double blacks in the midwest that are easier than snowbird's main green, its all subjective... what "intermediate" really means on blue square signs is "intermediate subjective to our other designated rated trails", not "intermediate skiers can ski this but nothing more difficult than this"

but yes a beginner can be a beginner without being a gaper... but then wtf why were they at snowbird, the steepest ski area in north america and one of the three gnarliest ski mountains in north america? but yep maybe they werent gapers, it doesnt mean its not a gaper quote. if they said it someplace else that would be fine but it sounded like a gaper quote to me because it was said at a mountain as gnarly as snowbird
    Pearls of wisdom. Your words are like a rapier.

This from the guy who forgets his name around women.
    No longer stuck.

I admire gnarhucker's trolling. He's really playing the long game.

My dad only skis groomers now. He's been skiing for 60+ years, he's not a beginner or a gaper. He's 70 and still enjoys skiing, but groomers are about all his body can handle. I'm sure he would like Copper Mtn better than Snowbird. Dude, just because everyone doesn't get as EXTREME as you doesn't make them a gaper.

This from the guy who forgets his name around women.
    i never said im not a beginner with women, of course i am, i might even be worse with women than anyone else on tgr and i dont deny it, but im still the best skier on tgr

Quote Originally Posted by CMSIV View Post
    My dad only skis groomers now. He's been skiing for 60+ years, he's not a beginner or a gaper. He's 70 and still enjoys skiing, but groomers are about all his body can handle. I'm sure he would like Copper Mtn better than Snowbird. Dude, just because everyone doesn't get as EXTREME as you doesn't make them a gaper.
    yeah but with your dad its because hes not physically strong enough its not because he lacks the skill, if someone is too old for offpiste thats fine but if they just suck too much then they are a beginner, and thats fine, theres plenty of things i am a beginner at too, but it doesnt change the fact that they are a beginner. and if your dad would like copper more than snowbird because of more blues then hed ski at copper instead of snowbird right? these guys skied at snowbird even though they like blue groomers

yeah but with your dad its because hes not physically strong enough its not because he lacks the skill, if someone is too old for offpiste thats fine but if they just suck too much then they are a beginner, and thats fine, theres plenty of things i am a beginner at too, but it doesnt change the fact that they are a beginner. and if your dad would like copper more than snowbird because of more blues then hed ski at copper instead of snowbird right? these guys skied at snowbird even though they like blue groomers
    You should probably go back to one of your troll threads--they were actually kind of amusing and leaving people wondering whether you were serious or just having fun. But this thread is supposed to be funny. You're not. And for the record, there are some fine groomers at Snowbird.

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    I usually refer to my skis as sticks.
    That's ok. ::thumbsup::

you guys had bamboo rental poles?
    Nope, like these

The Jaded Local wrote a column last year where he said something like, "the harder you try not to be a beater, the more of a beater you probably are." Then he told a story about being in Chamonix and seeing some guy on the Midi with snowblades and quietly chuckling, only to see the same snowblader crush a major line later that day.

For some reason that seems appropriate right about now...

Snowboarder to Ski Patrol chick "those are some sick twin tips "
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

I've heard Europeans refer to ski poles as sticks. Something just gets lost in translation. Same thing with "ski shoes".
    No longer stuck.

Geesh... Enough thread cunting already.

On the chair this morning with 5 other (what seemed to be) 45-50 year olds. Guy next to me has a pair of dead skinny, straight Elans, looked to be about 200+cm. Says he's been skiing them since the 80's. His buddy on the end says " Man, my Dad stopped skiing a few years ago. He's got an awesome pair of red skis hanging up in the garage. Next time we come up you should try them out. I guarantee you won't come out of the either!"

Gotta say, they sounded like they were having the time of their life though.

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    garish colors, a bunch of old lift tickets, or both?

^That shit's awesome.

Wearing that ski fashion you either rip or suck.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Silent gapers show their true colors by actions, such as joining your group from the singles line then dropping the lift bar on your fucking head before you have even sat down then look at you with a stupid fucking blank stare when you tell them to calm down with the bar.

In case you can't tell, it happened not once but twice today.

The little sign that says to "lower the bar now" isn't like a speed limit sign. The cops aren't going to come after you.

Happened to me not too long ago... I said, a little heads up would be nice...They said, whatever... So I gave them a little early morning yoga lesson by forcing the bar up before they had a chance to get their feet off the foot rests. They were like...wtf... I said... whatever...