Page 374 of 472 FirstFirst ... 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 ... LastLast
Results 9,326 to 9,350 of 11780
    From Jerry of the day.

Forgot what terrain we were talking about, on the zuma lift at abasin, some lady made sure to let everyone know that 'that kinda stuff you just don't do at 50'

(Guy pointing at a series of ski cuts that patrol put in)

You see all those cracks in the snow? Those are from the avalanche bombs.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    In HS I was all of 135#, skiing 200ft vertical hills in SE MI
    You didn't ski Mt. Holly, did ya?

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    You didn't ski Mt. Holly, did ya?

Mt Holly, Pine Knob, but my favorite was Alpine Valley.

Mt Holly, Pine Knob, but my favorite was Alpine Valley.
    You have my condolences.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    ....avalanche bombs.
    i drink those all the time....

"we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up"
    mike tyson

I guess it was last weekend. Also not gaper but nowhere else to put this.

This is at Eldora I'm riding a chair with another single and a duo made up of what would most likely be grandpa and granddaughter; he's maybe 70, she's maybe 7. Single dude and I start chatting about Frozen Dead Guy festival in Nederland. Guy says something like "yeah, he's still up there, right?" and the little girl chimes in, pointing at the older dude and says "No! He's right here!"
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Saw a guy on Loveland pass this morning who had climbed over a hudge snowbank from his Audi to take a piss, he was on his knees, and facing the switchback so everyone could see him. Pretty weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    I guess it was last weekend. Also not gaper but nowhere else to put this.

This is at Eldora I'm riding a chair with another single and a duo made up of what would most likely be grandpa and granddaughter; he's maybe 70, she's maybe 7. Single dude and I start chatting about Frozen Dead Guy festival in Nederland. Guy says something like "yeah, he's still up there, right?" and the little girl chimes in, pointing at the older dude and says "No! He's right here!"
    Sounds more like expert level shade!

Obnoxious Brit at breakfast this morning abusing one of the "waiters" because there was no granola at the breakfast buffet. What an asshole. Not the puffy Gaper type, rugged long grey hair type with sub Asian wife. Just went on and on with this poor fellow about the fucking granola, and we're talking an entire hot and cold buffet pretty well prepared, but somebody screwed up the granola order for this place high on the side of a French Alp. "Tell the chef to get his act together and order properly" in this condescending manner. I wanted to stab him in the neck with a fork. We made it a point to thank the waiter when leaving, although he was slow with the water. Incompetent.

The look the attendant gives this guy is priceless.

https://www.facebook.com/22165572459...4928954264657/

Quote Originally Posted by ULLRismyco-pilot View Post
    Saw a guy on Loveland pass this morning who had climbed over a hudge snowbank from his Audi to take a piss, he was on his knees, and facing the switchback so everyone could see him. Pretty weird.
    This is a new trend called "free peeing" that is supposed to make people not ashamed to pee in the open and in public anymore. I will load up with a big coffee and spray down a snow bank right outside the parking lot to my ski area. Few things are more satisfying.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Obnoxious Brit at breakfast this morning abusing one of the "waiters" because there was no granola at the breakfast buffet. What an asshole. Not the puffy Gaper type, rugged long grey hair type with sub Asian wife. Just went on and on with this poor fellow about the fucking granola, and we're talking an entire hot and cold buffet pretty well prepared, but somebody screwed up the granola order for this place high on the side of a French Alp. "Tell the chef to get his act together and order properly" in this condescending manner. I wanted to stab him in the neck with a fork. We made it a point to thank the waiter when leaving, although he was slow with the water. Incompetent.
    If that breakfast buffet is anything like what I've encountered in the Alps anyone who feels they have to have granola instead of all the wonderful meats and pastries is an idiot. Granola you can get anywhere, anytime (except at Benny's hotel).

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    The look the attendant gives this guy is priceless.

https://www.facebook.com/22165572459...4928954264657/
    Heh. That guy was not gonna put his board down, even if it meant getting dragged away.

Quote Originally Posted by core2 View Post
    This is a new trend called "free peeing" that is supposed to make people not ashamed to pee in the open and in public anymore. I will load up with a big coffee and spray down a snow bank right outside the parking lot to my ski area. Few things are more satisfying.

That’s the latest from the progressive city, which is actually seeking Third World status, that seeks to ensure it “will not sacrifice” its “values or bend to a broken immigration system.”

Denver Mayor Michael Hancock (D) and some of the city officials explained that the new ordinances are designed to protect immigrants, legal and illegal, from “unintended consequences.”

Loveland Pass, Denver...it's all the same..

Denver just decriminalized public defecation and urination in order to make life easier for immigrants who are used to doing it in their own countries. It also helps the homeless. In addition, it keeps illegal aliens from being arrested and deported.

It’s no longer a crime, but rather, an ordinance violation.

These consequences were fines and longer jail terms, as has been customary in most places for violating the behavioral norms of civilized American society.

Mark Silverstein, legal director for the American Civil Liberties Union of Colorado, explains the real reason behind the changes: “Many times it becomes a deportable offense if you’ve been convicted of even a minor ordinance violation that’s punishable by a year in jail.”

Pee writing you've all done it.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

... my favorite was Alpine Valley.
    Not a gaper:
    https://youtu.be/DOQhvUT5gvQ

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    Not a gaper:
    https://youtu.be/DOQhvUT5gvQ

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Different Alpine Valley but very impressive riding, and compared to the AV in SE MI very impressive hill.

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    Pee writing you've all done it.
    You know when you duck in to the woods for a piss, and you piss between your skis and make what appears to be a super-deep piss hole in the snow? Anyone know how deep that hole can actually get? For the average piss, I mean - not anything record-setting.

Different Alpine Valley but very impressive riding, and compared to the AV in SE MI very impressive hill.
    I figured that (based on the others you listed). It's the A.V. I grew up at...and SRV died at.
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    You know when you duck in to the woods for a piss, and you piss between your skis and make what appears to be a super-deep piss hole in the snow? Anyone know how deep that hole can actually get? For the average piss, I mean - not anything record-setting.
    You may want to cut back on the cannabis.

I think you need to dig a pit and find out. Post results!

You may want to cut back on the cannabis.
    Dont' act like you spray it all around evenly.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    I estimated 2-3 ft on a beer pee I had earlier this season. Probably depends on type of snow pack and avi conditions etc.