Page 250 of 472 FirstFirst ... 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 ... LastLast
Results 6,226 to 6,250 of 11780
    This one time, I was mean to some intermediates. Man, I'm so core.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by NakedShorts View Post
    o'd it.

3000 Posts / 8 years = 1 Gaperlicious Post Per Day.
    And kids today think there's no reason to study math.

On the subject of heated gondolas--when my kid did basic training lite down in Alabama in August one year (he was starting military med school) they had a field exercise with tents--air conditioned. A lot of the kids were still complaining.

Also on the subject of gondolas--guy yesterday shut the vents in a packed funi yesterday--snowing lightly but warm--because a few flakes were landing on his iphone. Didn't help that apparently at least one occupant had a bean burrito for breakfast.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot View Post
    posting in the proper thread is no longer necessary AW, I blame rap music
    I used to blame rap music, but now I blame Trump.

Why aren't more people quoting the gaper bragging about 6th chair?

Quote Originally Posted by stfu&gbtw View Post
    I'm always fishing for looks with comments like these... nothing finer than watching some 19yo lifty so overcome with smug self-satisfaction that he forgets to bump the next chair... my normal one is turning around after loading and telling the kid to call ski patrol because they forgot to warm up the seats chair #x.
    I really enjoy asking resort employees how to get to certain areas of the mountains that actually exist at other mountains.

Eg; asking an employee at keystone how to get to blue sky basin and showing them a map of vail.

I actually do this

Not quotes but seen this week:

A group of 3 brits wearing totally skin tight suits (think thick women’s tights) that included the head. One guy had his pulled up so it covered his face looking through the material.

Guy skiing on his own in a gas mask

A group of 6 people with 3ft long animal tails sticking out. Furry ski trip?

A women ditches the drag lift too early, slides switch back down the lift track into the jong behind her
    Quote Originally Posted by b dubya View Post
    Tricks are for hookers

Quote Originally Posted by WTF is dat View Post
    I really enjoy asking resort employees how to get to certain areas of the mountains that actually exist at other mountains.

Eg; asking an employee at keystone how to get to blue sky basin and showing them a map of vail.

I actually do this
    Holy shit, too funny.

I actually do this
    Wait. You ski Keystone? I'm not surprised. And then you entertain yourself by asking the poorly paid employees stupid questions? Good lord. And you have the balls to call me an idiot.

Saw a middle aged hippy yesterday sporting snowlerblades mounted with snowboard boots/bindings.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

I actually do this
    Cousin of mine and his rich girlfriend at the time traveled around Europe. At every hotel they would ask the bell boy--usually about 18-- who carried up their luggage, to explain the bidet.

Quote Originally Posted by narc View Post
    Not quotes but seen this week:

A group of 3 brits wearing totally skin tight suits (think thick women’s tights) that included the head. One guy had his pulled up so it covered his face looking through the material.
    Speed skating suits? Were they skiing or was there a skating race in town?

Not exactly a gaper - the guy's got skillz - but there's a guy at he ski area today wearing Black Diamond Quadrant boots on snowlerblades. He's a hero to the patrol.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Speed skating suits? Were they skiing or was there a skating race in town?
    Skiing, and definitely not skating suits - bizarrely looked more like a thermal or cotton material version of

No idea what/why or how on earth this wasn't freezing cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by b dubya View Post
    Tricks are for hookers

I actually do this
    Tell them you're having a wonderful time, the staff is great, and that you would really like to go on a tour of their mogul storage facility one of these days. Make sure to mention you're a longtime pass holder.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by tavis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by narc View Post
    Skiing, and definitely not skating suits - bizarrely looked more like a thermal or cotton material version of

No idea what/why or how on earth this wasn't freezing cold.
    Looks more like
    NIGHTMAN, AHHHHHHHHH.
    No longer stuck.

Sometimes ok alot of times if a dude ask me where the goods are I'll tell them an obscure run on the bunny hill. I used to shred the Otter Mt. Express/magic carpet till I was 86.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Can you guys please stop posting pics of a dude in that outfit? Can't we find a hot chick in the same getup?

I'm always fishing for looks with comments like these... nothing finer than watching some 19yo lifty so overcome with smug self-satisfaction that he forgets to bump the next chair... my normal one is turning around after loading and telling the kid to call ski patrol because they forgot to warm up the seats chair #x.
    Haha. On spring days, my go to is skiing under chairs with exaggerated hip wiggles, double poling and letting the locks flow from beneath the goggles. Never fails to get the chair laughing - often wondered how many people think I actually ski that way. Always fun to bring the lolz to the ski hill - way too many serious people at the resorts these days.
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

Ok, so I did this today at Beav - you inspired me. It got some laughs.

Quote Originally Posted by jbincb81224 View Post
    WANTED - Expert skier to join client group in private helicopter skiing with Valdez Heli Ski Guides, Valdez, AK, weeks of: March 27 - April 2, and/or April 3 - April 9, 2016. Discounted skiing = $10,500 per seat. Includes private A-star, room, board and ski rental if needed. Ski group has been skiing with VHSG for over a decade. Call/E-mail John at (303) 888-1812; jbelkin@jbelkinlaw.com.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Best Gaper qoute of the weekend?

I'd give some cuddling and otphj's for that trip FYI
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by baby bear View Post
    otphj's
    Took me a second to process that one. Haha!

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Wait. You ski Keystone? I'm not surprised. And then you entertain yourself by asking the poorly paid employees stupid questions? Good lord. And you have the balls to call me an idiot.
    Yes Benny it's called having fun skiing.

You should try it sometime

I actually do this
    I have a friend who, when skiing other ski areas, takes a stack of maps from our home hill and puts them in their map boxes.

You guys are more fun than a barrel of monkeys!!!!!
    I bet you call in fake pizza orders after yukking it up on the slopes.