Page 160 of 472 FirstFirst ... 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 ... LastLast
Results 3,976 to 4,000 of 11780
    10 dys ago I'm doing early morning laps taking my boys through the park. Decide to take a new big jump without having seen any kid take it first. Land one foot short and can barely walk. At least my foot feels best when it is in a boot!

Heard in Russia-

"The Orb is completely safe"

Snowed about a foot last night here in the San Juans. I was having easily the best day of my year ripping up the stashes around purg when I ran into two gapers on snowblades just about to get on the lift.

They asked me if I wanted to join them. It ended up being good that I passed on that opportunity since one of them stuck his tip in the snow getting on the lift and popped his blade clean off. The dude's blade was now hanging by the leash about 3-4 feet bellow him. Had a good laugh but this gaper experience wasn't quite over yet.

We get to the top of the lift and the liftie was in front of the platform packing down the new snow. I saw it coming from a mile away, but my hollering didn't do a thing as the gapers blade smacked the liftie directly in the back of the head. I hope the dude was okay but that was some of the funniest shit I've seen in a long time.

Long live the gaper!

As heard on 9 morning news in Denver.

Reporter " I went skiing at Keystone yesterday and it was great. I was a little nervous about it because sometimes it can be ify skiing in the winter ".

Quote Originally Posted by keith-stone View Post

Reporter " I went skiing at Keystone yesterday and it was great. I was a little nervous about it because sometimes it can be ify skiing in the winter ".
    Yeah, I much prefer skiing in summer. Much less iffy. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    Yeah, I much prefer skiing in summer. Much less iffy. Wow.
    You have lived until you've skied in the summer. People who ski in the winter - those are the true gapers.
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

Quote Originally Posted by keith-stone View Post

Reporter " I went skiing at Keystone yesterday and it was great. I was a little nervous about it because sometimes it can be ify skiing this winter ".
    Montanaskier FIFY.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=WpOWG...%3DWpOWGK8sCx8

Spreading stoke...how fat are your sand skis?

riding the lifts after this little squall storm-mini pow day, that passed though at Loveland. Me talking to some people on the lift, me; "what if they turned ON the snowmaking machines during a storm like that?" them: "silence". Hey, I was baked and it was a mini pow day and the air smelled like the Pacific ocean.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Montanaskier smells like elk poop
    F.I.F.Y.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1358017640.043349.jpg 
Views:	1124 
Size:	188.0 KB 
ID:	130197

Killington. 12/27/2012. Most snow we'd seen in two years. Wet and heavy and windy. All day. This JONG wasn't phased. He had the no fear gear.

spook Guest
    can't wait until I see a pic of my shitty outwear on this thread. makes me even more embarrassed to love riding no matter what my limits.

Quote Originally Posted by ASmileyFace View Post
    ... I ran into two gapers on snowblades just about to get on the lift.

They asked me if I wanted to join them. It ended up being good that I passed on that opportunity since one of them stuck his tip in the snow getting on the lift and popped his blade clean off. The dude's blade was now hanging by the leash about 3-4 feet bellow him. Had a good laugh but this gaper experience wasn't quite over yet.

We get to the top of the lift and the liftie was in front of the platform packing down the new snow. I saw it coming from a mile away, but my hollering didn't do a thing as the gapers blade smacked the liftie directly in the back of the head. I hope the dude was okay but that was some of the funniest shit I've seen in a long time.
    So ... during the entire lift ride, the guy couldn't pull the snowblade up by the leash and grab it? Or it didn't occur to him? Even if he didn't get it back on, surely it would be easier to get off the chair without trailing it by the leash?

I am a gaper, but have no experience with snowblades, is there some fundamental thing I'm missing here, or was he just beyond clueless?

spook Guest
    during my third season or so boarding I wanted to know more about one of the cat skiing operations in oregon -- how good i needed to be, what equipment, best time of year, how to get on as a solo, etc. i read their website and it said "you must be a fall-line skier."

i had no idea what a fall-line skier was, and rather than use my trusty friend google, i asked the operators in my email.

i never heard back. even after repeated inquiries.

I got to watch someone struggle to click into their new dynafiddles the other day....downhill ski last.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    YOu work with the Gaper Spirit animal on the Street don't you beater?
    No. And call me sir.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    I got to watch someone struggle to click into their new dynafiddles the other day....downhill ski last.
    downhill ski last... classic
    Quote Originally Posted by splat,Huckin eh?, and Stroupskier, respectively
    Someone shoulda warned him that no matter how brutal winter or summer can be, a bad post on TGR can be almost impossible to weather once the shitstorm breaks loose.

Or worse, the "Shitnado"!

No, a shiticane.

Quote Originally Posted by TwinTipFlip View Post
    downhill ski last... classic
    Another classic...

This is probably mentioned already:

This woman fell and I offered to help. But she said she got it. After about 30 seconds observation, I pointed out that slipping the boot toe into the binding heel first is not going to work. So I had her rotate the skis 180 degrees.

On the lift eavesdropping...

Guy A said to Guy B, 'notice that the snowboarders put their weight back and turn with their rear foot? You should sit back more and try to turn with the backs of your skis.'

couple days after Christmas, after getting about 2 feet of new stuff, on the lift again of course...the guy said, this is really bad condition, they should groom more here.

Great story, spook, thanks for being willing to tell it on yourself. no response "even after repeated inquiries."

Years ago at Red Mountain, BC my buddy and I were riding the first lift that appears to go to the top with a mid-station. We decide to act like fools that we didn't know what to do at said mid-station. Yep, we went around the bull-wheel...no mid-station.

I know its North Carolina... but this dude stuck his lift ticket directly onto his shirt.

yeah...

to give him credit, he was trying really hard to learn how to slide a mailbox and fell a shitload of times.

Quote Originally Posted by skiATL View Post
    I know its North Carolina... but this dude stuck his lift ticket directly onto his shirt.

yeah...

to give him credit, he was trying really hard to learn how to slide a mailbox and fell a shitload of times.
    I like the kid behind him in pic 2. Wearing a neck gaiter...looks like its freezin out there. Not cold enough for gloves tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada Guy View Post
    At Kickinghorse in Golden there is a gondola car called the "V.I.P." car which is pretty much like any other car but it has a little stereo and some padded arm rests on the seat. I think it is totally BS because the car pretty much rides empty all of the time.

So some lady with a horrible hackney British accent say that she won't get in one of the regular cars, she wants to hold up the line and wait for the "VIP" car to come back down. Keep in mind there are only one or two of them if I remember correctly, so she wants to wait for all of the cars to cycle through while she waits because she paid sooo much money to fly to Canada and go skiing and that makes her a V.I.P.
    That VIP thing pisses me off every time I see it. Typical bush-league East Kootenay bullshit "marketing strategy". Doesn't serve any purpose except to let everyone know they aren't allowed on it. Does anyone know how the grizzly in the zoo got killed?