Page 80 of 472 FirstFirst ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 11780
    Overheard yesterday...two guys below the lift (lift was momentarily stopped) looking to huck a two foot high bump... one yells down to his bro "how's the landing?". "Good!"
    He proceeds to catch no air, then lands and instantly yard sales with everyone above him laughing..."How's that landing!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Helldawg View Post
    So the last day of the season last year, I was heading up to put away the moguls for the summer...

well played
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeStrummer
    The universe that is a vehicle is a funny and delicate thing. I fucked my wife in the back seat of our Saab in the parking lot before a Social D / Superchunk show at Red Rocks. After that the radio never worked again.

Non ski related:

My local grocery store has an artificial owl on their sign to keep other birds off. As I was walking in today I saw a man standing in front of the store taking pictures of the fake owl.
    "Papa Muntz loved skiing, papa Muntz loved drinking, but what he loved most was drinking and skiing."

[ame="http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188583"]TR: Take a shower, shine your shoes, pt.2 Return of Spring Break - Teton Gravity Research Forums[/ame]
    that is all
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Do you have one of those gay ass stickers on your car? If so, I'll bet money youre an uptight passive aggressive fucktard that hates anyone different than them, yet loves to pay lip service to 'tolerance'.

People with coexist stickers are ALMOST as bad as tele skiers, although there is some overlap.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Overheard yesterday...two guys below the lift (lift was momentarily stopped) looking to huck a two foot high bump... one yells down to his bro "how's the landing?". "Good!"
    He proceeds to catch no air, then lands and instantly yard sales with everyone above him laughing..."How's that landing!!"
    i really didnt think anyone saw me do that! but just to be fair about it all - the huck was closer almost a foot and i did briefly have a glimmer of daylight beneath my skiis. by the time that story is handed down to my as yet unborn grand children the huck will be a warren miller cliff jump!

pdt1374 is offline get ur fuckin shine box!!
    For those familiar w/ Beaver Creek. Saturday: So I am putting my skis on at the bottom of the hill about to hit the 9" of fresh, and behind me one Gaper says to other Gaper, "Lets just ride the gondola today."

^^^ those must have been the same ones I saw that" liked the signs and yellow jackets because they keep it safe."
    You know, you can swear on this site. Fuck, shit bitch. See?

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again

Not really a gaper quote--in fact the opposite, but I didn't know where else to post it and it made me style.
    Last weekend at Squaw there was a gentleman in the Granite line who looked to be close to 80, in a full bib and a white T shirt, his back badly bent like he had a bunch of old collapsed vertebrae, wearing a helmet cam. Props to him. Reminded me of a guy I met a few months ago--90 years old and he gets together with his friends to make bluegrass CD's. You don't have to be young to have fun. (Anyone need me to explain what a CD is?)

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    You don't have to be young to have fun. (Anyone need me to explain what a CD is?)
    over at brighton there is a couple that are ski instructors - they are 88.
    and just to provide motivation - alta offers a season pass for $25 - once you hit 80 - way i see it when that day comes my fellow bums n i will gather in albion for safety meetings of ensure and motrin

A scared gaper was walking below the Super Bee today at Copper, with his skis in his arms...trips up on a steep pitch, yard sales and couldn't stop his slide...one ski wouldn't stop and almost hit other people..fucking idiot

I shit you not, some dude came up to me last week (I'm a lifty in Fernie, come say hi) and asked if his skis are on the the right feet, and if it mattered at all. He said it totally straight faced and I was like "Hah, good one" and went to get back to work. He said "No dude, I'm a snowboarder, I've seriously never put on skis before". I was shocked.
    Its amazing how much extra confidence I get from wearing a helmet and a mouthguard. Too bad confidence is probably the last thing I need.
    - Mike Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by AaronZ View Post
    I shit you not, some dude came up to me last week (I'm a lifty in Fernie, come say hi) and asked if his skis are on the the right feet, and if it mattered at all. He said it totally straight faced and I was like "Hah, good one" and went to get back to work. He said "No dude, I'm a snowboarder, I've seriously never put on skis before". I was shocked.
    ^^ Do a days instucting..... That's a pretty common one!

Some guy on the chair in front of me on Goats Eye at Sunshine today.... Right boot heel only half way in the binding, but binding still holding on just.... Manages to ride up the chair and get off ok, as I go past I let him know his boot isn't in properly.... his reply:

"I have to do it like that or the boot falls out"

I have had skis that had a left and right ski. Blizzard four quatro thermo's.

You haven't seen people with their boot buckles on the insides (i.e. boots on wrong feet)? I have. Also sometimes see pigeon toed snowboarders. See people riding snowboards backwards (bindings set closer to tail and they're riding with that foot forward) almost every day.
    I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

Stuck in the Live Music Capital of the World
    At Alta on 3/26 (epic day, BTW) waiting for the afternoon ski bus down to the park & ride. Talking with an older woman who has moved to town recently. As we are waiting for the bus, she says it is always harder to get a bus going down because "not as many buses go down as go up". OK....

Forgot to post this one from a few weeks ago...a guy next to me on the lift had a bike helmet on...wtf

Quote Originally Posted by rsknight1 View Post
    At Alta on 3/26 (epic day, BTW) "not as many buses go down as go up". OK....
    yes my friend, 3-26 was epic - i ski the bird - i think i know that woman from the 992. so did you tell her bout the bus eating snow dragon in lcc?

So I'm walking through the Winter Park North Bench parking lot. I see a giant SUV that looks like it's parked so that it's blocking in three cars. I then notice all the people surrounding the SUV looking helpless. The driver tried to drive the SUV over the snow berm on the outer edge of the parking lot. He ended up high-centering the SUV on the berm. All four wheels were up in the air spinning. After about 5 minutes of observation, I went back to my truck and got my avy shovel. I then handed it to the driver. He was shocked that I would have a shovel.
    No matter where you go, there you are.......Buckaroo Banzai

Quote Originally Posted by Sinecure View Post
    Also sometimes see pigeon toed snowboarders. See people riding snowboards backwards (bindings set closer to tail and they're riding with that foot forward) almost every day.
    I definately see these ones every day as well. If its a young kid with their parents I usually inform them, but they look at me like I'm some dumbass skier.
    Its amazing how much extra confidence I get from wearing a helmet and a mouthguard. Too bad confidence is probably the last thing I need.
    - Mike Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    A guy next to me on the lift had a bike helmet on.
    Not a full face? I saw someone wearing a DH helmet on the Rocky Mountain chair at Breck. Seemed overkill but I can't knock someone for protecting their face.

Student in Whistler "Extremely Canadian" steep skiing class.

He falls getting off the detachable quad chair.

I guess it was an extreme lift-riding class. Maybe by day two he'll master the T-bars?

Quote Originally Posted by Neurodoc View Post
    Student in Whistler "Extremely Canadian" steep skiing class.

He falls getting off the detachable quad chair.

I guess it was an extreme lift-riding class. Maybe by day two he'll master the T-bars?
    Surface lifts are specially the steep ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinecure View Post
    You haven't seen people with their boot buckles on the insides (i.e. boots on wrong feet)? I have. Also sometimes see pigeon toed snowboarders. See people riding snowboards backwards (bindings set closer to tail and they're riding with that foot forward) almost every day.
    I saw a guy ski right out of his boot (still clicked into binding/ski) under the bear quad at killington about 1/3 down and then take a butt slide most of the rest of the way down outer limits. I'll bet that stocking foot got chilly! Another skier was courteous enough to pick up the ski/boot and firmly plant it on the side of the trail it tail first where it could do no more harm...
    Wonder how he explained the missing equipment to the rental shop? Assuming only rental equipment could be so ill fitting of course.

On the skis on the correct foot comments; ever heard of Scotty-Bobs? I think G3 has some asymetric side cut skis that are L/R specific. Not that the guy mentioned was likely on any of these...
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

Quote Originally Posted by Lelandjt View Post
    Not a full face? I saw someone wearing a DH helmet on the Rocky Mountain chair at Breck. Seemed overkill but I can't knock someone for protecting their face.
    no, it was a wimpy giro mtn. bike helmet